This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SG1 Novels from Fandamonium - Siren Song and Survival of the Fittest

GW posted an article about the new novels coming out. This information was apparently from the latest issue of the Official SG1 Magazine.

On the SG-1 front, the next novels to be released will be "Siren Song" and "Survival of the Fittest," which will see the return of familiar faces from the team's past.

"'Siren Song' sees the return of Aris Boch, who has need of Daniel Jackson's skills and Jack's Ancient gene in order to save his people from the Goa'uld," Malcolm revealed to the magazine. "This was one of the novels we pulled from our open submission process, and is being co-written by Jamie Duncan and Holly Scott.

"'Survival of the Fittest' deals with Simmons (played in the series by John deLancie) and a plot to create an army of human Jaffa."

I am personally quite excited about Siren Song because well...Aris..yay. But SotF does sound rather intriguing...and interesting. No authors named.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Interesting !!

Comment

Found more info.

Stargate SG-1: Siren Song
      Holly Scott, Jaimie Duncan
      January 16, 2006

The SG-1 team are kidnapped by an old nemesis who requires their skills to open a mysterious subterranean chamber. But the chamber has a strange effect on all who approach it, and before long the entire team is suffering hallucinations. When a Goa'uld, who is impersonating the god Sebek, takes control of Dr Daniel Jackson's body to complete his work, the team must act to stop him before he gains control of a powerful and deadly weapon which could change the balance of power in the galaxy forever.

This sounds interesting. I think this is the one from the competition.

Stargate SG-1: Survival of the Fittest
      Sabine C. Bauer
      March 15, 2006

Colonel Simmons is running a secret operation to create human Jaffa warriors to fight the Goa'uld. When Major Carter, Teal'c and Dr Janet Frasier stumble across the operation at an off-world training centre, they are abducted and whisked away. It's left to Colonel Jack O'Neill and Dr. Daniel Jackson to mount a rescue operation.

This'll be fun, Sabine wrote the first SG1 novel for Fandemonium.
      sigpic

Comment

So I'm guessing Season Five for Survival of the Fittest. It's a shame that Jonas doesnt seem to be liked by the Fandemonium lot.
        sigpic

Comment

This looks like the place to slot this news

Dear Stargate Fan,

"STARGATE SG-1: Survival of the Fittest", by Sabine C. Bauer, has been
          published. This is Sabine's second novel for Fandemonium Books, her first
          being "STARGATE SG-1: Trial by Fire" (a book that's particularly close to
          our hearts because it was our first, too).

In "Survival of the Fittest", the team goes up against Colonel Frank Simmons
          again. Simmons' ambition knows no bounds and this time his plan is
          particularly horrific. For more information, visit our website:
          www.stargatenovels.com/sg1-7_sotf.shtml

"Survival of the Fittest" will be available soon in the UK from your
          favourite bookshops and online from www.stargatenovels.com and Amazon.co.uk
          (Amazon is currently showing available in 4-6 weeks but that will change
          within the next few days as books arrive from the warehouse).

Book details are:
          Title: STARGATE SG-1: Survival of the Fittest
          Author: Sabine C. Bauer
          Price: UK £6.99
          ISBN: 09547343-9-4
          375 pages

*Note for US customers: "Survival of the Fittest" will be available from US
          book stores later this year - in the meantime you can order it from our
          website (price $7.95 + shipping): www.stargatenovels.com (Ships in 1-2
          days - that's our promise!)

Best regards,
          Tom
          Stargate Novels
          www.stargatenovels.com
          tom[at]stargatenovels.com

STARGATE SG-1 ©1997-2006 MGM Television Entertainment Inc./MGM Global
          Holdings Inc. STARGATE SG-1 is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
          Inc. All Rights Reserved. STARGATE: ATLANTIS ©2004-2006 MGM Global Holdings
          Inc. STARGATE: ATLANTIS is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
          All Rights Reserved.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          We sent this to you because you signed up for our newsletter (and confirmed
          it in a subsequent email). If you no longer wish to hear from us, you can
          take your name off the list by going to
          www.stargatenovels.com/newsletter.shtml, entering your email address,
          ticking the box that says "remove" and clicking the "Go" button.

Sent to you by:
          Fandemonium Ltd
          PO Box 795A
          Surbiton
          Surrey KT5 8YB
          United Kingdom

Comment

Yay! I just got the email too, and sent off my order. It's so nice that we can order them in North America now instead of having to order from Amazon UK. This time it only cost me about $10.50 instead of the twenty something dollars for the last few. They claim quick shipping too.

NC

Comment

So I'm guessing Season Five for Survival of the Fittest.
              Yes, I think so. I'm curious as to the cause of

Spoiler:
              the bit in the blurb that mentions Daniel and Jack have to 'put aside their personal differences' to rescue Sam, Janet and Teal'c. I had wondered it the book was set, then, after Menace and that was the cause of Daniel and Jack being a little out of sorts, but I think Simmons was dead by then, right? Oh well, guess there's plenty of episodes in S5 where they had a 'difference of opinion' that could jumpstart the premise of the book.

I'm looking forward to this one.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

So far I have enjoyed the Fandemonium novels. These sound just as good.

Comment

Working...
                X