This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said two posts above:

"No news on artwork - but keep checking back here as soon as I see any news or the artwork I'll post it here, and likewise for everyone else.

Season 8 boxset and Season 1 boxset artwork might be revealed in the next two months or so."

Comment

Update:

Amazon.co.uk, MVC.co.uk, and other online stores I visit have now included Season 9 Volume 1 and Season 2 Volume 1 on their websites.

No Cover-arts available yet - but below are the latest prices.

Amazon.co.uk

SG-1 Series 9 Volume 1 £14.99

DVD.co.uk

SG-1 Season 9 Volume 1 £13.99

Sendit.com

SG-1 Season 9 Volume 1 £14.99

MVC.co.uk

SG-1 Season 9 Volume 1 £16.99

Atlantis Season 1 Volume 2 £16.99

Virgin Megastores

SG-1 Season 9 Volume 1 £19.99

Atlantis Season 1 Volume 2 £19.99

Comment

MVC have listed the release date for the second DVD off Season 9.

MVC have Season 9 Volume 2 listed as 27th March 2006 release date.

Still no signs of cover-arts atm

Comment

Sendit.com have posted on their site - a list of Special Features that [May] be on the first Season 9 DVD.

Special Features:

Commentaries for each episode
          Featurette 'It Takes a Crew to Raise a Village'
          Featurette SG-1 Directors Series: Avalon featuring Andy Mikita
          Photo Gallery – Photo/Production Design Gallery

Again these details may change in the future and also no news on the cover arts at the moment.

Comment

and still no cover arts!!! its going to be a blue christmas!!!

Comment

Well we're starting to get somewhere. SendIt.com has revealed a very small pic of the coverart of Season eight boxset.

http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000108757

Thats it for now unfortuantely. Anyone had any luck finding arts for Atlantis Season 1 set or the new volumes? Or higher resolution art for the Season eight set??

Thanks !

Comment

Kool looking boxset cover - like the red colour background

Comment

And that's the last we'll see of RDA on a Stargate boxset.
                  Should be fun how they decide the configuration for the S9 boxset.

Comment

Just found on amazon.co.uk they are advertising Season 2 of Atlantis vol.1 and Stargate SG1 season 9. Vol.1 dvds for March 13 2006 only 3 months away!!!!...

Just thought i'd let you know

Atlantis:
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...835420-7982207

SG1:
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...835420-7982207

There also appears to be books coming out for atlantis as well...Wonder what they'll be like?

Comment

DAMN THE BRITISH, for getting the DVDs first. Wait, why do the Brits get the DVDs first???
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos

DAMN THE BRITISH, for getting the DVDs first. Wait, why do the Brits get the DVDs first???
                        Good danged question!!!!
                        I want an anser! -hops around waiting for one-

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I just assumed the US got the single DVDs first as well. After all, you've had Season 1 of SGA and Season 8 of SG-1 (box sets) for months, whilst our SGA box will be released on the same date as the 1st DVD of season 2 (March... 16th?) and our SG-1 box will be released on the same date the Season 9 DVD.

Then again, our box arts are soooo much prettier than yours! Well, except season 2-5. They're truly ugly. I'm considering importing the US versions of 2-5.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                            I just assumed the US got the single DVDs first as well.
                            No, here's how it goes, the release of the DVDs:
                            UK gets the individual DVD/volumes
                            US gets the complete DVD box set (all the episodes at once, but less featurettes than the uk DVDs (which is one of the main reason I hate the Brits and their DVDs), like you got the Moebius Director's Series while we didn't, or we both got the Lost City Director's Series but you had a longer version of it)
                            UK gets the complete DVD box sets
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              I just assumed the US got the single DVDs first as well. After all, you've had Season 1 of SGA and Season 8 of SG-1 (box sets) for months, whilst our SGA box will be released on the same date as the 1st DVD of season 2 (March... 16th?) and our SG-1 box will be released on the same date the Season 9 DVD.

Then again, our box arts are soooo much prettier than yours! Well, except season 2-5. They're truly ugly. I'm considering importing the US versions of 2-5.
                              The US doesn't market the single DVD's like the UK and other regions. We only market by Season Set. So it is true that the UK and others can get the single DVD's first, but the US gets the Boxed Sets before anyone else does for the most part. (We get a particular season boxed set the following year, usually in the 3rd or 4th quarter).

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos

Um, maybe because you get the new shows first, but if you have a multi-region DVD player then there's no stopping you buying them

Comment

Working...
                                X