• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L-JADE
    I just read this in checkMy Rebate.com

Valid Purchase Dates
    10/4/2005 through 12/31/2005
    Submissions must be postmarked by
    1/31/2005

Since I pre-order, Amazon charge me on 10/03/05, does this mean I'm not valid for a replacement DVD ?, darn it!
    No I am sure you qualify. The reason it says October 4 is because that is the offical release date ie., the date vendors are allowed to sell it. Amazon charged you on the 3rd because that is probably when they mailed it knowing that it would take a day to reach you.
    Edit - To further support this, if you look at post 176 Sony was asked if you have to have the receipt and the answer was no. Therefore, at this point I don't think they are even looking at the purchase date. (Although the form does ask for it.) After 12/31 it may become an issue. Although hopefully it means that boxes sold after that date will have the right disk or the version will be noted on the box before you buy it.
    Last edited by SLBaum; 17 November 2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
      I just read this in checkMy Rebate.com

Valid Purchase Dates
      10/4/2005 through 12/31/2005
      Submissions must be postmarked by
      1/31/2005

Since I pre-order, Amazon charge me on 10/03/05, does this mean I'm not valid for a replacement DVD ?, darn it!
      Did you guys notice this "1/31/2005" it should be 1/31/2006 (I think)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        Did you guys notice this "1/31/2005" it should be 1/31/2006 (I think)
        Yeah, I assumed the same thing as 1/31/2005 make no sense at all. Unless it should be 12/31/2005....

Anywho, I sent mine in today, so all is well.

Comment

Well I plan to send mine tomorrow or Monday. But I'm really trying to get it out tomorrow.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I gotta get that done soon. Get it over and done with, you know? I just can't wait until I have that corrected disc in my hands.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Yeah, I gotta get that done soon. Get it over and done with, you know? I just can't wait until I have that corrected disc in my hands.
              here, here
              sigpic

Comment

Sent in my proof-of-purchase, along with the rebate form. We’ll see how long it takes before I get the “corrected” disc.

As it turns out, I just had a chance to watch the extended version of Threads on the Region 2 disc (Volume 42). I agree that the episode plays out much better in the extended cut. If only there wasn’t that annoying PAL speed-up.

Not sure if I will end up keeping the Region 2 disc or not…
                "Fighting a war that appears unwinnable does not make one's cause less noble."
                - Master Bra'tac

Comment

Do y'all know when the correct version, boxed set will be available?
                  And if it will contain any distinguishable markings?
                  Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                  Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                    Do y'all know when the correct version, boxed set will be available?
                    And if it will contain any distinguishable markings?
                    I honestly don't know. I'll take a guess and say early next year.
                    sigpic

Comment

ok, not sure if this has been covered yet or not, so if so then i'm sorry.

SEND: (1) THIS COMPLETED CERTIFICATE.
                      (2) THE ENTIRE JEWEL CASE AND DVD (OR)
                      (3) THE ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM YOUR PACKAGING.
                      it says on the rebate site that you cansend the entire jewel case or just the proof of purchase, does this mean you can keep the dvd with the shortened version as long as you send them just the proof of purchase? and if so, would that be the proof of purchase from the bottom corner of the jewel case insert?
                      "So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure, how amazingly unlikely is your birth! And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth!"

Comment

I just got my replacement disc in the mail! Watching now and it does appear to be the full version. Nothing's missing about twenty minutes in. So, yay! I sent in my request the day after I got the e-mail, so anyone else who sent their's in around that time should be getting it soon. Yay!!

Comment

Originally posted by chipman2382
                          ok, not sure if this has been covered yet or not, so if so then i'm sorry.

it says on the rebate site that you cansend the entire jewel case or just the proof of purchase, does this mean you can keep the dvd with the shortened version as long as you send them just the proof of purchase? and if so, would that be the proof of purchase from the bottom corner of the jewel case insert?
                          Yes, you are right, I sent in only the completed rebate form and the little proof of purchase corner cut out of the inside slip-in sheet, and I just got my replacement DVD in the mail. They sent back a new case and a new DVD and a new slip-in sheet, so now I have BOTH DVDs, one with the short version and one with the full-length version. No need for you to mail them the whole disk or the case.

Just be prepared to be patient. It took almost exactly a month from when I filled in the online form and mailed it in to get my replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                            Just be prepared to be patient. It took almost exactly a month from when I filled in the online form and mailed it in to get my replacement.
                            I'm patient. I haven't even sent mine in yet. I need to get on that.
                            My Top 40 SG-1 Episodes

My Ranking of All Season 9 Episodes

It's Daniel Jackson's world; I just live in it.

Comment

Originally posted by aizjanika
                              I'm patient. I haven't even sent mine in yet. I need to get on that.
                              Well, I'm impatient. I'm very eager to get it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X