This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notes on Stargate The Movie Novel

I re-read the novelization of the Stargate movie recently, and took some notes, on differences between the movie and the novel. Novelization was by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich.

STARGATE: THE NOVEL: NOTES

CHAPTER ONE:

Time frame: 8,000 B.C. Ra's human host was in the process of becoming a tribal social outcast.

CHAPTER TWO:

Time frame: 1928 Stargate only had seven chevrons, outer ring had 39 characters. Fossilized Jaffa found under the cover stone.

CHAPTER THREE:

Time frame: present day. Daniel speaks: Phoenician, Greek, Armenian. Daniel just shy of being 30 years old. Also somewhat of a tribal social outcast. Majored in language, philosophy, and ancient history. Daniel speaks 11 languages. Parents died in a plane crash in 1973. Daniel lived in Los Angeles.

CHAPTER FOUR:

O'Neil lived in Yuma, AZ. Sarah had been a schoolteacher. Jack, Jr. had died two years previously. Jack, Jr. had been a teenager.

CHAPTER FIVE:

Daniel not a good driver. SGC located at Creek Mountain, Colorado. Lt. Colonel Adam Kawalsky had been in charge of the operation for almost three years before O'Neil took over.

CHAPTER SIX:

Daniel eats 5th Avenue candy bars. Daniel finds constellation map in O'Neil's office.

CHAPTER SEVEN:

Kawalsky described as Lt. Kawalsky. Daniel speaks Spanish. Glyphs to Abydos: Taurus, Serpens Caput, Capricornus, Monocerus, Sagittarius, Orion. Abydos is in the Cirrian Galaxy. MALP. Egyptian government released the Stargate in 1974.

CHAPTER EIGHT:

O'Neil grew up in Washington State. Enlisted in the Marines to avoid jail.

CHAPTER NINE:

Daniel went to Berkeley. Away Team.

CHAPTER TEN:

Daniel had foster parents at age 12. Frost by product of molecular reconstruction.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

Daniel sees the harness on the mastadge.

CHAPTER TWELVE:

Daniel speaks Aramaic, Ancient Egyptian, Berber, Omotic, Ancient Hebrew and Chadic. Kasuf introduced. Production slowing in the naquada mining. Skaara introduced.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

Daniel was an unrealistic, romantic dork when it came to the opposite sex. Kawalsky referred to as a Lt. Again. Abydonian culture resembled Egyptian culture in the era of 800 - 200 B.C. City is called Nagada.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

Jack Jr. was twelve.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

No one gets left behind. Transporter rings can be activated by remote control.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:

Udajeet - one man gliders. Chariot gliders. Sha'uri was Skaara's half sister. Kasuf is Skaara's father. Brown is dead.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

Myth, faith, habit = formula for power, that Ra used to control the slaves. Ra commands Daniel to kill O'Neil, or Ra will destroy the Abydonians.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

Anubis, Horus, Thoth, Ramses. Ka = soul. Khnum = ram, Sebeck = crocodile, Horus = hawk, Apis = bull, Anubis = Jackal, Hathor = cat, Ammit = devourer, Thoth = ibis
    Sarcophagus powered by naquada.

CHAPTER NINETEEN: no notes

CHAPTER TWENTY:

The hand device is made of naquada also. Brown is alive again. Gun was kept in Sarah's nightstand, in a locked drawer. Jack, Jr., shot himself in the head.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:

Eye of Ra tattooed on Horus' shoulder. Kasuf is Sha'uri's father. O'Neil thinks Skaara is killed.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:

Stargate on Abydos dialed by hand.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:

Bomb was rigged by the military. Children on Ra's ship escaped via the transporter rings when O'Neil sent the bomb up to the ship.

EPILOGUE:

Stargate also emits music when activated.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

very interesting. just a note on the Chapter 2 difference though, if you have the ultimate edition dvd it has the deleted scenes with the fossilized jaffa in it

Comment

Excellent notes.... Although, i mean no disrespect sorta irrelevant...Meh, sorry if my comment is rude

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Yep, some of these differences are in the Directors Cut. Very enjoyable book!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Thanks a lot Morjana
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Thanks and Cool
            sigpic

Comment

I have started to re-read this and it's pretty interesting seeing the differences.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Those are great notes; I really have to look for the book.

Originally posted by morjana
                CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

Anubis, Horus, Thoth, Ramses. Ka = soul. Khnum = ram, Sebeck = crocodile, Horus = hawk, Apis = bull, Anubis = Jackal, Hathor = cat, Ammit = devourer, Thoth = ibis
                I have Rebellion and Retaliation, and I noticed the thing about Hathor in there, too. She was described as the cat-headed goddess of lust and bloody revenge. That's actually wrong (just so we're clear, I'm NOT pinning this on you; I know you're just summarizing): in the Egyptian pantheon, Bastet was cat-headed, Sekhmet was the goddess of lust and bloody revenge (lioness-headed), and Hathor was cow-headed and a mother figure! That drives me NUTS! It's called research, folks! It's not that hard![/rant]

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Brown was dead and then alive again? Was he put in a sarcophagus?

Comment

Working...
                  X