X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cool Shades

Hello all

As a fan of Stargate, I attempt to watch every episode and analyze every interesting detail. However, one thing always catches my eye about SG-1, THE SHADES.

Those have to be the coolest shades ever, and I want some. Is there anywhere that sells replicas? Any MGM gift shop that I can get a pair from?

If not, is there some way to start a petition to get them made? The matrix shades were cool, but I love the "total light filtration" SG-1's shades give them, no pesky 'sun from the corner.' If anyone has any information, it would be much appriciated.

As a side note, Hi! I am new here!

From the FAQ at MGM's Official Stargate SG-1 website (www.stargatesg1.com):

What type of sunglasses does SG-1 wear?
    Each character has an individual style or make. Predominately, O'Neill wears Bugaboo Glacier glasses by Bolle. Carter's are a similar brand made by Mountain Equipment Co-op. Daniel Jackson has sunglass covers for his everday eyeglasses, and Teal'c does not require sunglasses. In the episode "The Tomb," the team wore desert sandstorm shield glasses made by Mountain Equipment Co-op. When on Earth, there is no adherence to any specific style. Occasionally, standard military issue sunglasses and safety eyeglasses are worn.
    Hope that helps!
    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
      From the FAQ at MGM's Official Stargate SG-1 website (www.stargatesg1.com):

[quote]What type of sunglasses does SG-1 wear?
      Each character has an individual style or make. Predominately, O'Neill wears Bugaboo Glacier glasses by Bolle. Carter's are a similar brand made by Mountain Equipment Co-op. Daniel Jackson has sunglass covers for his everday eyeglasses, and Teal'c does not require sunglasses. In the episode "The Tomb," the team wore desert sandstorm shield glasses made by Mountain Equipment Co-op. When on Earth, there is no adherence to any specific style. Occasionally, standard military issue sunglasses and safety eyeglasses are worn.
      Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

It might help, EXCEPT Bolle no longer makes the Bugaboo style of sunglasses. The closest thing thing they do make is the Bolle Crevasse Glacial sunglasses, black model. It looks almost identical. Do a Google search for Bolle or try Ebay.

Hope they still make those.

Comment

I just purchased a set of the Bolle' Crevasse Glaciers off of EBAY and absolutely LOVE them. They are pretty much identical to the ones RDA wears. Mine have the brown leather side pieces. I am contemplating dying them black, but not sure yet. They look pretty good brown.

Comment

I really want those sunglasses, but I need regular glasses and I don't like contacts. I'm actually considering laser surgery just so I can wear the sunglasses..

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by racer12_99
            I just purchased a set of the Bolle' Crevasse Glaciers off of EBAY and absolutely LOVE them. They are pretty much identical to the ones RDA wears. Mine have the brown leather side pieces. I am contemplating dying them black, but not sure yet. They look pretty good brown.
            racer, I have 2 pair of Glacier Crevasse sunglasses by Bolle, one with tan leather on the side, and one with black. The ones with the black DO look like RDA's Bugabbo's. I love them, great sunglasses!

Comment

Freelancer.........a couple of years ago I had what they call ocular surgery.........They made a slit in my eye where the white part and the colored part meet........they went in and dissolved the lens inside my eye and inserted a plastic contact lens inside my eyeball. The placed it against the front of my eyeball on the inside. It has four fingers on each side of the lens that the scar tissue grows around as it heals to hold it in place. It works great and my eyesight is perfect. The only drawback is, my eyesight is calibrated to a certain distance. From like 25 feet to infinity, my eyesight is PERFECT. The only drawback is that I have to wear reading glassed up close. I was nearsighted to begin and couldn't see anything at a distance, so the reading glasses up close is no problem comparfed to what I was facing. The operation is expensive, but is definitely worth it.

Comment

I've heard of this procedure before...I was considering it myself. I have myopia.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Persol (Italian) make some glasses just like the ones O'Neill wears with the side shades on the glasses. The thing is Persol are very very expensive ($200+ each)
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

They aren't as cool as my Wiley-X SG1s though....

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"

Comment

Originally posted by racer12_99
                      Freelancer.........a couple of years ago I had what they call ocular surgery.........They made a slit in my eye where the white part and the colored part meet........they went in and dissolved the lens inside my eye and inserted a plastic contact lens inside my eyeball. The placed it against the front of my eyeball on the inside. It has four fingers on each side of the lens that the scar tissue grows around as it heals to hold it in place. It works great and my eyesight is perfect. The only drawback is, my eyesight is calibrated to a certain distance. From like 25 feet to infinity, my eyesight is PERFECT. The only drawback is that I have to wear reading glassed up close. I was nearsighted to begin and couldn't see anything at a distance, so the reading glasses up close is no problem comparfed to what I was facing. The operation is expensive, but is definitely worth it.
                      That does sound like heaven to me, I'm nearsighted too. And reading glasses wouldn't really be a problem. Exactly how expensive was it? (doesn't really matter right now as I'm 17 and always broke.. But nice to know for the future)

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

I had mine done about 2 1/2 years ago and it was around 6 grand....................but it was worth every cent............and you might consider that I had mine done in the the northeast, and things tend to be a little more expensive up here. BUT make sure that you use someone with experience. THis is a VERY intricate procedure. You don't wannt just anybody probing around inside your eyeball with a metal hook.

Comment

I dunno. I know a few people where that kind of thing turns them on...

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                            Persol (Italian) make some glasses just like the ones O'Neill wears with the side shades on the glasses. The thing is Persol are very very expensive ($200+ each)
                            The Bolle's aren't "cheap" glasses. And the Glacier Crevasse model (in black) looks almost exactly like the Bugaboo's. If Bolle is good enough for RDA, they are certainly good enough for me! LOL

After getting the Bolle's a year ago, I have since purchased several other pair of Bolle sunglasses ( I tend to break or lose glasses very easily) and I love all of them. Great fit, very comfy and good eye protection and NO, I don't work for the company!

Besides, you can get them on Ebay, at a great price.

Now the Suunto Vector watch is a whole other story......

Comment

...on which you would care to expand?

Comment

Working...
                              X