Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relationship between the Asurans and the Replicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancientechexpert View Post
    You give the Ancients too much credit. Building a VN machine to put their pants on would mean it has a purpose. Half of what they do seems like they did just to see if they could. Like the Stargate destroyer that Anubis used, what purpose could the Ancients have possibly built that for?
    Destroying stargates on worlds effected by Black Holes to ensure they could no longer be dialed?

Comment

Anubis' stargate overload device was probably based on the arturo device (or however it's called, the one the Asgard turned on with McKay's help in Pegasus), so the Ancients had a purpose in the technology....
      As for the Milky Way - Ida connection, I vaguely remember hearing on one of the episodes that after they destroyed the civilization on Reese's home world they activated the stargate and left, traveling until they reached the Asgard galaxy. I'm not abt that though, it's been a while since I've watched those episodes.
      sigpic

Comment

maybe it isn't supposed to destroy the gate but anubis altered it to his own designs. as it was basically feeding the gate a continuous stream of power allowing it to bypass the 38 minute window it may actually be intended to dial other galaxies or even destiny. assuming an ancient used it and not anubis the machine would indicate the condition of the receiving gate and have a shut down which anubis wouldn't have used. it was being fed power from a tube underground, possibly tapping the planets core like project icarus. as for why it has a shield wall around it there are probably many reasons for that.

Comment

Interesting idea.. So maybe this planet was supposed to be the "Icarus" planet..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Interesting idea.. So maybe this planet was supposed to be the "Icarus" planet..
            part of a much bigger idea i had for a new stargate series, before the plague forced the ancients to leave the milky way they seeded most galaxies in the local group (milky way gate in ida galaxy) the "gate destroyer" can dial other galaxies and the clava thessara infinitas is not the key to a literal treasure but the untold knowledge of the expanded gate network that has been cut off in andromeda and other nearby galaxies, pegasus was just the furthest out yet to be explored and so safe from the plauge, (why go to such a small galaxy with all the bigger ones nearby?)

just for clarity all ancient tech utilized by goa'uld was invented before they left for pegasus and so predates the gene activation tech e.g. the repositories are immune to goa'uld activation because when the ancients returned they were a threat having already scavenged their tech. anubis didn't have the gene. the destroyer must be from before the exodus, logic stands.

in my idea the tau'ri gate to these new galaxies to explore and discover new revelations meant to tie the franchise closer together, why did the ancients aspire to ascend?, are there beings higher than ascended ancients (planet builders)? untold history of replicators and goa'uld.

in either the andromeda or triangulum galaxy there is 2 enemies, small arthropod critters i designed around horseshoe crabs and deep sea parasites, they are little facist xenophobes who want to kill any other races they meet using their advanced technology. the second race is a marauding horde of reaver like monsters created by a variant of telchak technology making them unkillable to a certain degree.

there is even an unseen advanced race long garrisoned away somewhere in the galaxy who took the gates left by the ancients and remodelled them into a more advanced cool slick looking version with eery green chevron lights and address symbols that appear as light under a black glass like layer when activated. it also has a few adaptions and upgrades over the milky way and pegasus gates.

anyone thinking this is off topic it explores the possible link between the asurans and replicators at some point so justified

Comment

I started searching this today out of curiosity since I'm re-watching SG-1 right now. I came to the conclusion that no theory I could find made sense.

1.) Reese is less advanced than all the Human Form Replicators, so how could she have come from them realistically?

2.) They never go in-depth on the time-frame. I.E. how old was reese, how long had it been since the planet was destroyed, and how long did it take the replicators to move on? Also, they never showed that the replicators actually "KILLED" the population. Reese stated her father "said" that was happening and put her to sleep.

My theory is this:

An ancient created Reese, who then created replicators in the Milky Way. The ancients then abandoned that planet. We already know Atlantis was supposed to have been the last city built by the Ancients who then moved it from Earth (our galaxy) to the Pegasus Galaxy.

In this case when the Ancients came up against the Wraith they would have already had the basics of the technology for the human form replicators between Reese and what she created. Along with this, that knowledge would have been in the Ancient computers giving the Asuran's direct access to it as well.

Using this theory we can also suspect that the Ancients would have disabled the gate on the original planet where Reese was leaving the Replicators the need to build ships. Since they were after technology they would have passed over many, many worlds looking for greater technology. They could have easily made wrong assumptions and ended up in the Asgard Galaxy.

Just my thoughts on the topic.

Comment

Working...
              X