No announcement yet.

Did the Ancients terraform planets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is pretty obvious that they terraformed or used some such process. "We have the technology". They were definitely advanced enough. There are so many life supporting planets in the galaxies that are similar to Celestus/Altera that they had to be seeded by Human type beings I.E Alterans. Pine trees for example. They seeded human and other life throughout the galaxies, all that can be considered terraforming.

And about them being impatient, it would not matter. The Ancients were in the MW for roughly 40-50 million years. The seed ships were launched 10s of millions of years ago and flew through Pegasus, seeding it and other galaxies. They sent all those ships ahead so that they would not have to wait.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Most of the human distribution was due to the slave trade.

When the ancients arrived they probably spend a few decades cataloging the planets in MW that would support life. This number could be in the thousands. I doubt there was ever a need to terraform. I would guess they transplanted life all over though.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          It was pretty much assumed by fans that the reason why there were so many planets in SG1/SGA habitable and looking like british columbia is because the ancients either terraformed them or the seeding life process is also a terraforming process
          It is thought the entirety of the Amazon is a result of terraforming by the natives.

Comment

The ancients seeded life within the Milky Way, I think its safe to assume they terraformed some planets in the process.

Comment

The Ancients did terraform planets. It is stated in all three shows I believe, they reseeded life in the MW, brought life to a virtually dead galaxy(Pegasus) and then sent out the Seed ships to alter planets.

Well Fly's post is almost correct, the Alteran/Ori homeworld looked much like Canada. So...they brought that type of plant life to other worlds. Besides, green chlorophyll is quite efficient I think I remember reading. And humans require pretty basic environmental conditions. Not to much oxygen, radiation, then the temperature. So yes, many worlds would look similar or the same. But we do see other types, Sandpit worlds, overgrown(Abandoned) sandpit worlds, boondock worlds, arctic worlds(More so then Canada's north) a few Mustafar worlds, one Coruscant world, and one instance of a tropical world. Although that was an illusion....

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

They probably did teraform planets. Those that looked like they did not could be a natural progression of that planet's environment. Take for example, the Sahara was once tropical but now it's desert.

The other is that the Goauld possibly put gates on other worlds as well that they teraformed themselves.
                Hi There!

Comment

most likely yes
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

This one should really not type so much^

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude of Lebowski View Post
                            they probably would have been able to, and stuffed it up somehow and refused to fix it knowing the ancients
                            This world would later be known as Mars among the human population of Terra.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                            X