• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peg replicators

why the did the lateans not use ARG to destry them and just bombard them

because the ARG was the pinnacle of asgard AND ancient tech

Comment

No. ARG was a 30 second job from O'neill brain assembling a schematic for the asgard matter converter to produce.

EDIT: On why the Lanteans did not use it? Simple. Their idiots, morons, complete incompetents, not worth the air they breath(when they remember to breath it) and they will remain known as the people as the people who got their as kicked by wannabe vampire gothic spiders.

Comment

because the lanteans, being lanteans, were too stupid
        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

As has been shown several times, the Ancients were not very good tactical thinkers. They had the knowledge to make replicator destroyers , but not the will or the vision. The Ancients also thought the replicators were harmless to them and were at war with the Wraith at the time.

Comment

and fortunately, some lantean survivors in the return part 1 paid for their arrogance
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

yes they did

Comment

When one thinks about it, its a wonder why the Lanteans, having full knowledge and control over the Replicator base code didn't simply "turn them off" without resorting to weapons.

Comment

well, we all know the lantians were dumb

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by mirdin1992 View Post
                    EDIT: On why the Lanteans did not use it? Simple. Their idiots, morons, complete incompetents, not worth the air they breath(when they remember to breath it) and they will remain known as the people as the people who got their as kicked by wannabe vampire gothic spiders.
                    Alternatively, after the vast majority of their civilization was wiped out by a plague, they simply lost the technology necessary.

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                    and fortunately, some lantean survivors in the return part 1 paid for their arrogance
                    How is "fortunate" that a group of individuals were killed for something in which they had no personal involvement?

That's like saying after a plane crash, "those people paid for the Wright brothers' arrogance."

Originally posted by DrNicholasRush View Post
                    When one thinks about it, its a wonder why the Lanteans, having full knowledge and control over the Replicator base code didn't simply "turn them off" without resorting to weapons.
                    They might have included strong countermeasures against that, in order to prevent the Wraith from doing what you are suggesting.
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

the replicators couldnt attack them and they thought that there weapons could destroy them, why bother creating an ARG like weapon

Comment

They could have forgotten about the dakara weapon, or not realised it could be used in such a way to destroy the reps.

You could say the same about Earth, we've aquired a lot of devices that could be used in multiple different ways.
                        We could likely use ARG tech against the Wraith if we knew the right frequency to program it to.

The most obvious answer why the Ancients didn't use that device to wipe out the Peg Reps is because the writers wanted another uber enemy and simple solutions to the problem would leave them without said uber enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                          They could have forgotten about the dakara weapon, or not realised it could be used in such a way to destroy the reps.
                          it had only been several million years since their ancestors created the device. the replicators couldnt harm they, they were programmed not to, and as far as the Lanteans were concerned they were gone

You could say the same about Earth, we've aquired a lot of devices that could be used in multiple different ways.
                          We could likely use ARG tech against the Wraith if we knew the right frequency to program it to.
                          ARG's disable bonds between nanites (or replicator blocks), they are programmed to interfere with the bonds that occur between them so technically they could be used to kill Wraith but it porbably wont work.

The most obvious answer why the Ancients didn't use that device to wipe out the Peg Reps is because the writers wanted another uber enemy and simple solutions to the problem would leave them without said uber enemy.
                          like i said they were programmed not to harm the lanteans and as far as they were concerned they had destroyed them all

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                            it had only been several million years since their ancestors created the device. the replicators couldnt harm they, they were programmed not to, and as far as the Lanteans were concerned they were gone
                            My post wasn't an argument against what you posted, but since you specifically picked apart my post I'll respond in kind.
                            Several million years is a long time, we've probably forgotten lots of stuff from the past few thousand years, the ancients could have done the same.
                            Firing drones at the surface appears to be a lot less efficient a way to destroy the reps than just firing some arg shots at the planet to get rid of them, if they had the tech available to them then it makes no sense not to use it, not if they knew how to adjust it work on replicators, maybe they simply didn't know their technology could be used against a technological being such as the replicators.
                            The Ancients didn't have Asgard style site to site transporters, yet the Asgard did and they weren't as old a race as the Ancients.
                            Hindsight and a different point of view is probably a major reason why they didn't have ARG technology.
                            ARG's disable bonds between nanites (or replicator blocks), they are programmed to interfere with the bonds that occur between them so technically they could be used to kill Wraith but it porbably wont work.
                            I know what ARG tech does, dakara wasn't programmed in this way as you probably know, we had to program it to work in that way to deal with the MW reps, so we had experience in using the tech in that way.
                            I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used against the Wraith, unless they found away to defend against it, we won't know if it would work unless we saw it on the show.
                            like i said they were programmed not to harm the lanteans and as far as they were concerned they had destroyed them all
                            Don't know how you could argue against that last point I made, the writers want an enemy to come back on the show, from an outside SG Universe point of view the reps were on the show again because the writers wanted them there.
                            From an in universe one saying the Ancients just didn't think about using a dakara style device against them is as possible as any other option.

If the Ancients had cataloged dakara and the info about it was in the city's database or on some Ancient computer somewhere then sifting through an unknown number of millions of years worth of data to find that device may have been just as impossible for them as defeating all of the Wraith's never ending fleet numbers.
                            If they remembered dakara then they could have used it on the Wraith, forgetting about it or not realising it could be used in that way is most likely IMHO.

Comment

i wasnt really picking it apart just adding to it

Comment

Working...
                              X