Pegasus Galaxy stellar classification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Galaxy stellar classification

Curious that Pegasus is shown to be deep blue in appearance from a distance. If this were really the case, wouldn't the galaxy's stars be predominantly O- or B-type "blue" sequence stars? I think every star seen on the show has been otherwise. Obviously just a technical error by the producers, but it bugs me none-the-less.
    sigpic

that or nitrogen is the predominant gas in that galaxy i think that this is the reason why the hyperspace window has different colors
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

or it was shown to distinguish the two galaxies, MW being yellowish/orange (like the chevrons on the gate and goauld tech) while PG is bluish (blue chevrons, wraith tech).

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
        Curious that Pegasus is shown to be deep blue in appearance from a distance. If this were really the case, wouldn't the galaxy's stars be predominantly O- or B-type "blue" sequence stars? I think every star seen on the show has been otherwise. Obviously just a technical error by the producers, but it bugs me none-the-less.
        Maybe they are predominately blue and it just happens that the stars with habitable planets around them are G type.
        Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Ah yes, I hadn't fully appreciated the differences with the two Stargates or hyperspace windows, obviously deliberate.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
            Maybe they are predominately blue and it just happens that the stars with habitable planets around them are G type.
            Or a lot of planets do orbit these large stars, but on the show it's never shown since it's all filmed on earth, someone really needs to introduce the producers to the concept of color filters, like they used in Pitch Black.

Comment

well that's the fault of the producers but why when you look on the Atlantis there are no big blue stars
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

what? "when you look on the Atlantis"?
                of course there are no stars ON atlantis its a city not a galaxy...

Comment

Atlantis sky viewed from Atlantis
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom
                    Or a lot of planets do orbit these large stars, but on the show it's never shown since it's all filmed on earth, someone really needs to introduce the producers to the concept of color filters, like they used in Pitch Black.
                    Absolutely! It's amazing what can be done with some creative post-production. But for most people the finer details aren't really a priority. In fact, most of the bad science in the Stargate franchise comes down to budgetary constraints and/or lack of creativity on the producers' part.

The only time a blue giant has been depicted in the series is SG-1's Season 5 opener "Enemies". But seriously, they could have had a full-time NASA science advisor to bring a bit more plausibility to the shows.
                    sigpic

Comment

If nothing else, blue filters would make the same quarry and forest look different for a change
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                        If they don't eventhink to show other galaxies in the background of shots from the midway station, I doubt they were concerned about the spectrum of stars.

But yeah, they should have given some reason to the colors.
                        Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                          that or nitrogen is the predominant gas in that galaxy i think that this is the reason why the hyperspace window has different colors
                          i think the special effects crew just got a larger budget
                          An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
                          A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
                          And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

Originally posted by james123182 View Post
                            i think the special effects crew just got a larger budget
                            That and the wanted to separate themselves from SG1

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

wat dont u guys understand about science fiction? seriously the producers of stargate came up with wat they thought of not wat reality thought of. [B][U]SCIENCE FICTION MEANS SCIENCE FICTION[B][U]. it doesnt mean wat goes on in reality has to be in sci fi. thats y they call it fiction

Comment

Working...
                              X