This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtlantisRising
    One could assume that they didnt have the necessary resourcecs to produce an EMP device, or maybe because they had limited time?
    Sure its a shot in the dark, but the world works in mysterious ways. *lol*
    limited time?
    but ...

Spoiler:
    the ancients had timetravel technology , as shown in "before I sleep". I pointed out in some other thread that they couold have merely gone back in time and taken care of the plague, wraith.. everything. someone suggested that only the ancients of atlantis knew how to do it. I dont buy that... also even if it were so, the could use it to go back in time and warn the others on earth and elsewhere abt the plague, and nip the wraith threat in the bud by not allowing the wriath to evolve!.

never understand why they didnt do it. Biggest hole in the story so far if u ask me.

Comment

[Spoiler answer to AscendedAncient :]
      Spoiler:
      AscendedAncient :My opinion of this matter is when they created the device that was going in a loop that we saw in an old sg1's mission, they decided to stop their research, but the one that helped Weir did continue, aigainst the complete agreement of the other Ancient, but When it was finished they knew he possed the device, they decided to NEVER USE IT AIGAIN even if we don't know why (but perhaps they killed many of their kind in trying to save them in the future ... )one thing is sure : the ancient prefered to sacrifice their own life instead of compromising the entire futur of the universe. Time is not a toy that you can play with, even the ancient did understand it. But for us, in 2004 it's something we didn't even barely reach so far so for us it sounds crazy

I hope the writers will really explain it to us very clairly in the episode coming in janurary, cause it's really, really interresting matter ! It could aigain, give SG-1 enough sucess to continue for a ninth season, and we all know the season8 part's 1 wasn't that nice ... but the upcomming episode may change it for the better. I hope so

Hope you understood my poor english I still got a 95%-90% and 85% in my composition last year. And I'm learning english for the next 3 years too !
      - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
      - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
      - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
        Nooo... No one can be shielded against the all-powerful EMP... Not the Wraiths, not the Ancients, not even the squiddy from the Matrix. They say it is impossible to predict the future, but one thing is for sure: no matter how advance we or any race may become, EMP will always be that fatal weakness that nobody is immuned...

Well maybe the replicators.
        Actually, we have the technology to shield our tech from EMP. Back in the 60's, Boeing or some other airline built a plane that was hardened against EMP, it worked fine but cost way too much to be mass produced so only one was built. The Wraiths must have technologies that are thousands if not millions of years more advanced than Boeing, so there's no reason why they don't shield their ships from EMP since it's really that hard to build a weapon that generates an EMP. Oh and the Matrix machines are retarded, especially compared to superior machines from other movies and tv shows like HAL 9000, Braniac, and Skynet.
        Last edited by Giantevilhead; 10 December 2004, 05:50 PM.

Comment

so ur basically saying that we r too underdeveloped
          Spoiler:

right now in 2004 to even ponder about Time Travel and if the Ancients were so against using it then they must have their reasons. well... maybe so, Id just like to know *what* those reasons are.. I mean what could be SO horrible about time-travel that it stopped them from using the one thing that could restore their ENTIRE civilization and save them from extinction?

yes, i hope they clear it up too.
          btw ur english is just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
            Actually, we have the technology to shield our tech from EMP. Back in the 60's, Boeing or some other airline built a plane that was hardened against EMP, it worked fine but cost way too much to be mass produced so only one was built. The Wraiths must have technologies that are thousands if not millions of years more advanced than Boeing, so there's no reason why they don't shield their ships from EMP since it's really that hard to build a weapon that generates an EMP. Oh and the Matrix machines are retarded, especially compared to superior machines from other movies and tv shows like HAL 9000, Braniac, and Skynet.
            I was being sarcastic... But obviously my literary skills are far worse than I had thought... I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
              I was being sarcastic... But obviously my literary skills are far worse than I had thought... I apologize.
              It's almost impossible to convey sarcasm through text.

Comment

I didn't study in physics but I do know that this weapon cannot be stopped. I watched a doccummentary on that new kind of weapon that the white house our affraid of, cause they know that they could be all without any technology within a minute if the terrorist can found a device like that. For the being, only Russia and USA had their own EMP weapon. And no one can stop it.

Boeing was probably encountered magnetic field in the athmosphere it's normal and many plane have crashed because of it. it could be stopped but not an EMP even the white house expert know that, but they're trying to
                - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                - The Nox

Comment

No, it's not that difficult to harden technology against EMP, just really expensive and sometime hardening a piece of technology will make it stop working. The plane that Boeing built was specifically designed to withstand the EMP generated by nuclear blasts. Many military facilities are hardened against EMP so are all nuke silos.

Comment

Working...
                  X