No announcement yet.

Is the Lost City of Atlantis alive...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith made a good one. A very smart virus with exceptional cunning and a large sense of self preservation.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

according to the newest atlantis book that was not a true Artificial conciousness but simply acted like one. a similer program was used to create the battle scene at helms deep in lord of the rings
      And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

I wouldn't imagine any kind of A.I. on Atlantis beyond a stringent set of safeguards left in place for a number of possibilities. I can see the Ancients seeing no reason to leave anything more than that to safeguard their city (maybe they were too arrogant to consider a problem arising that they hadn't forseen!).

That said, there was no such safeguard to raise the city from underwater when the shield failed, until a little time-travelling birdie informed them of the problem (S1 ep15 "Before I Sleep), so who knows?

Comment

well the city has sensors and if there a problem the programming will kick like quaratine the city or shut of hyperdrive, its just a really advanced computer, such as if a fire started the smoke detector will kick in and turn on the water sprinkles.

watching the last man though I always wondered why the ancients never done something like what mckay done an interactive ai for atlantis, apart from the human formed replicators.
          sigpic

Comment

Atlantis has shown the ability to assess threats such as pathogens and other threats to the populas, however it has never shown the levels of self awareness or counciousness as the Asurans for example have.

I think in terms of AI its the most advanced we have seen without being self aware

Comment

Working...
            X