No announcement yet.

Puddle Jumper Vs. Delta Flyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the fact that the jumper has a direct link to the pilots brain gives a certain advantage.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

I think the puddle jumper is simply outclassed.

The DF is at least as large as a Tel'tac...

Also it's got a large fire arc, and its shields are of the most advanced Trek shields there are. They even have Borg tech in it. Also, it is cannon that a PD can be detected while cloaked, I think the DF can actually detect the PD.

That with the PD not having much speed nor defenses, just drones.
      Those drones can't, most likely, travel at warp, so when the drones come to close or are not affected by phasers, the DF'll jump into warp en exit close to the PD and take her out if a torpedo hasn't done that already.

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
        I think the puddle jumper is simply outclassed.

The DF is at least as large as a Tel'tac...

Also it's got a large fire arc, and its shields are of the most advanced Trek shields there are. They even have Borg tech in it. Also, it is cannon that a PD can be detected while cloaked, I think the DF can actually detect the PD.

That with the PD not having much speed nor defenses, just drones.
        Those drones can't, most likely, travel at warp, so when the drones come to close or are not affected by phasers, the DF'll jump into warp en exit close to the PD and take her out if a torpedo hasn't done that already.
        The Flyer is ultimately only a souped-up shuttle. Yes, Jumpers aren't built for combat, but drones are horrible to defend against- they home in, are nimble, and can bypass most known shielding.

Jumpers have also been seen to survive glancing blows from Wraith Hive ships- so they're not as weak as people think.
        To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
        http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
        http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Hard to really compare, but the Jumper has one huge advantage.

Cloaking wins!
          sigpic

Comment

Now, I've seen the show. And almost in every episode the Flyer is in it gets its butt kicked! I remember a few episodes where they are sitting there the Flyer shakes and sparks fly and they don't even know what hit them until they actually do a sensor scan. Or that episode with those borg that were kids, the cube was sitting there and they were playing POKER!

Definitely Jumper.

Comment

Working...
            X