Atlantis needs some work (EATG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis needs some work (EATG)

Now i recognise its a city and not a battle ship probly why it did so badly against the super hive it dosn't seem able to use engines sheilds and wepons all at full power at the same time but this could be rectified

they have three ZPMs probly 2 by now though which is enugh to fly and power sheilds.

For wepons they should uild neuitino ion generators on the ends of each peir in some sort of new building each with a pair of Asgard beam wepons mounted (one on top one bellow what would be the water line

On the peirs with drone silos add a second NIG and lik it to the dron sillo operated by controls salveged from ruined puddle jumpers im sure we have lost at least three we could canableise
    This would free up the guy in the chair to focus on flying

Another thing is they shuold have massie banks of SAMs for ant dart fire maybe mout one huge batery on each pier with no drones and smaller ones atop the major buildings and other strategic locations

And make ocupied areas atleast the main tower air tight incase of sheild failure in space so people don't all die like in adrift.

and add alot more alternate power souces and a setting low power setting for sheilds that just keeps air in the odd rock or two out

I mean its a city at risk historcaly those have always been havily fortified so its more like a castle than a city in terms of defendaility

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

uhhm..i doubt we could do any of that within the time we had -.-

We were informed of the superhive and headed as soon as possible for earth. The ancients would not of put more weapons on the city because it was basically a flying city, not a battleship as you said. They had ships for fighting, but they were destroyed.

Integrating asgard beam weapons into atlantis doesn't seem like the worst idea ever, and seing as that the city is now on earth it should be even easier. I hate how the stupid asgard wank beams are the answer too every ship battle. obviously apart from the superhive.

In the long term however, it would be a nice thing to see atlantis upgraded weapons wise. Also, i now its a superhive powered by 3 ZPM's, but come on, one barrage of enemy fire and down to 70% shields? pathetic.

-DH

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
      Now i recognise its a city and not a battle ship probly why it did so badly against the super hive it dosn't seem able to use engines sheilds and wepons all at full power at the same time but this could be rectified
      I personally would like to think that it really wasnt a matter of power that was stopping Atlantis from effectively engaging the Super-hive but rather Carsons inability to properly operate the cities systems all at once.

I know that he actually said "I dont have enough power" but I can easily see him misinterpreting the data he was given by atlantis.

For wepons they should uild neuitino ion generators on the ends of each peir in some sort of new building each with a pair of Asgard beam wepons mounted (one on top one bellow what would be the water line
      Sadly this is a topic I rarely ever like to dicuss with people. Just because we have the Asgard core doesnt mean we can simply construct NIG's left right and center. I think that Earth as it is has more than enough power and influence in 2 galaxies. Why not do something more "current" like.... A Naquada-hub. 4 or 5 NG's all interconnected. You could place the HUB-NG's on each pier to mostly-power the city.

On the peirs with drone silos add a second NIG and lik it to the dron sillo operated by controls salveged from ruined puddle jumpers im sure we have lost at least three we could canableise
      This would free up the guy in the chair to focus on flying
      I dont really think that would be necessary. If you were to simply use HUB-NG's on every pier that would be more than enough power to keep that system running, and even still... I kinda feel my idea is overkill. However, I would agree with a secondary system of firing drones, never hurts to have a backup.

Another thing is they shuold have massie banks of SAMs for ant dart fire maybe mout one huge batery on each pier with no drones and smaller ones atop the major buildings and other strategic locations
      I think I'd (personally of course, just my opinion) prefer Atlantis to have more Rail Guns installed. They would be easier to move and could be located in towers, I dunno... just me.

And make ocupied areas atleast the main tower air tight incase of sheild failure in space so people don't all die like in adrift.
      Agreed. Frankly why the Ancients didnt do this in the first place is beyond me. Its as stupid as building a submarine with screen doors.

and add alot more alternate power souces and a setting low power setting for sheilds that just keeps air in the odd rock or two out
      Im pretty sure with either your changes or mine there would be more than enough power to supply to Atlantis on a regular basis. Its not like she'll be fighting all the time.

I mean its a city at risk historcaly those have always been havily fortified so its more like a castle than a city in terms of defendaility
      But in this case I think Atlantis should be the last-resort battle-city-castle-whatever. Its an important piece of Ancient technology that shouldnt be on the front lines 100% of the time. Frankly Id be all for letting the city run away and letting our 304's do the dirty work.

Comment

Wasn't the city still one ZPM short of full power. In the "Siege" I think it was said that Atlantis itself requires 3 ZPM's for power and the chair, like the antarctic platform, requires one to power the drones.

I also don't like the idea of the chair being destroyed, I didn't understand 100 percent why it was in violation of the treaty since it was an integral part of the outpost.

Comment

U know, I think its more a case that Earth should stop being stupid. instead of sending 304's one at a time, gather them all together, slow the ******* over Earth till Atlantis arrives and then lay the smack down withe 5 times the fire power.
          Oh, but that would have too muh common sense!
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

[QUOTE]
            Originally posted by Darynlxm View Post
            I personally would like to think that it really wasnt a matter of power that was stopping Atlantis from effectively engaging the Super-hive but rather Carsons inability to properly operate the cities systems all at once.

I know that he actually said "I dont have enough power" but I can easily see him misinterpreting the data he was given by atlantis.
            I thought it was also becuase atlantis isn't a battle ship and was never built for space combat and as you said having carson in the chair operation a 3Km city ship on his own made things alot worse

Sadly this is a topic I rarely ever like to dicuss with people. Just because we have the Asgard core doesnt mean we can simply construct NIG's left right and center. I think that Earth as it is has more than enough power and influence in 2 galaxies. Why not do something more "current" like.... A Naquada-hub. 4 or 5 NG's all interconnected. You could place the HUB-NG's on each pier to mostly-power the city.
            Your right with this maybe even scale up the NG tech

I dont really think that would be necessary. If you were to simply use HUB-NG's on every pier that would be more than enough power to keep that system running, and even still... I kinda feel my idea is overkill. However, I would agree with a secondary system of firing drones, never hurts to have a backup.
            Yeah the secondry control wa the main thng

I think I'd (personally of course, just my opinion) prefer Atlantis to have more Rail Guns installed. They would be easier to move and could be located in towers, I dunno... just me.
            might aswelll have both there is enugh room i mean they could put all sorts on it

Agreed. Frankly why the Ancients didnt do this in the first place is beyond me. Its as stupid as building a submarine with screen doors.
            Yup surely they could have made it water tight too

Im pretty sure with either your changes or mine there would be more than enough power to supply to Atlantis on a regular basis. Its not like she'll be fighting all the time.
            yup

But in this case I think Atlantis should be the last-resort battle-city-castle-whatever. Its an important piece of Ancient technology that shouldnt be on the front lines 100% of the time. Frankly Id be all for letting the city run away and letting our 304's do the dirty work.
            I got the impression it is they used the 304s first

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              U know, I think its more a case that Earth should stop being stupid. instead of sending 304's one at a time, gather them all together, slow the ******* over Earth till Atlantis arrives and then lay the smack down withe 5 times the fire power.
              It appears that Earth is beginning to fall victim to the same brilliance that doomed, The Ancients, Asgard, Gu'ald(sp), and the Asurans. Apparently we have advanced so much that we have lost all common sense.

Comment

yeah it would be cool if somone lke the genni started hitting us in the way that we used to hit apophis and anubis ect a total role revesal

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                  Originally posted by TheAccended View Post
                  It appears that Earth is beginning to fall victim to the same brilliance that doomed, The Ancients, Asgard, Gu'ald(sp), and the Asurans. Apparently we have advanced so much that we have lost all common sense.
                  Umm...Earth only has 4 ships(5 if you include the Hammond). The Odyssey was on some special mission, and the Daedalus tried to stop the Hive before it was complete. That left 2 ships in the MW to defend, and they sent both of them. I don't see what else they could have done.

Comment

the only defence failure that bothered me was how easy the chair got destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                      Umm...Earth only has 4 ships(5 if you include the Hammond). The Odyssey was on some special mission, and the Daedalus tried to stop the Hive before it was complete. That left 2 ships in the MW to defend, and they sent both of them. I don't see what else they could have done.
                      It wasn't that the ships were away it was a lack of preparation for an event like this. The chair should have stayed in Antarctica were it would be protected by the ice and the outposts shields. However, area 51 being an important research center should have also had some form of defense. How easy the chair was destroyed just seemed like a cheap gimmick.

The way everyone was behaving just didn't seem to fit their normal behavior. That may have resulted from the episode being rushed.

On a side note Earth should begin working on putting some beam satellites in far or near Earth orbit as a new line of defense now that the chair has been fried. Though they could probably swipe the chair from Tao'nous or the Tower.

Comment

Or from one of the tons of wrecked auaras

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                          They could have tried to get some ZPMs a lot quicker than they did, then they could support the 304's with a city-ship.
                          They should never have seny Daeddy on its own. Divide and conquer, only we are dividing ourselves and failing.

They could have set up more defences at area 51, like they did in the Siege, and could have mobilised contemporary strike wings to assist the 302's in atmo.

but that would be what common senes dectates, and SGA isn't known for it....
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by TheAccended View Post
                            I didn't understand 100 percent why it was in violation of the treaty since it was an integral part of the outpost.
                            I believe that the whole outpost was violating the the Antarctic Treaty as long as it was occupied by any country that signed the treaty:

Article I

[Antarctica for peaceful purposes only]

1. Antarctica shall be used for peaceful purposes only. There shall be prohibited, inter alia, any measures of a military nature, such as the establishment of military bases and fortifications, the carrying out of military maneuvers, as well as the testing of any type of weapons.

2. The present Treaty shall not prevent the use of military personnel or equipment for scientific research or for any other peaceful purposes.
                            http://www.nsf.gov/od/opp/antarct/anttrty.jsp

Comment

yeah it would be cool if somone lke the genni started hitting us in the way that we used to hit apophis and anubis ect a total role revesal
                              That would be cool to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X