Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If wraith hive ships/crusiers have darts, then wont ancient ships have puddle jumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, true shame

sigpic
    Sig made by squirrely1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
      you know what... your right . they are more advance in stargate. take the replicators for example, they were pretty cool werent they..... its a shame they were always trying to kill us and were uncontrollable.....
      The Replicators were programmed wrong by an Android with the disposition of a 5 year old who didn't fully understand what they were doing. The Asgard computer core obviously has an extreme advanced form of artificial intelligence, should they scrap it to prevent it from turning bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
        The Replicators were programmed wrong by an Android with the disposition of a 5 year old who didn't fully understand what they were doing. The Asgard computer core obviously has an extreme advanced form of artificial intelligence, should they scrap it to prevent it from turning bad?
        i was talking about the asuran replicators. they are the most advanced AI and never do anything the way their supposed to and thats when the twisted solutions come about that are bad for us.

and to be considered an artificial intelegence, you need to be self aware and the asgard computer core isint self aware its just complex enough to design what you want given proper guidelines and instructions.

putting AIs in control of weapons is just not wise. i mean its like sticking a replicator in a 302 and saying fight the wraith and then when it seems impossible to win them the way we want it to it changes tactics and then attacks us or something like that and weve got another problem on our hands. i just dont like the idea of putting AIs in control of weapons.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

i was talking about the asuran replicators. they are the most advanced AI and never do anything the way their supposed to and thats when the twisted solutions come about that are bad for us.

and to be considered an artificial intelegence, you need to be self aware and the asgard computer core isint self aware its just complex enough to design what you want given proper guidelines and instructions.

putting AIs in control of weapons is just not wise. i mean its like sticking a replicator in a 302 and saying fight the wraith and then when it seems impossible to win them the way we want it to it changes tactics and then attacks us or something like that and weve got another problem on our hands. i just dont like the idea of putting AIs in control of weapons.
          Asuran did exactly what they were programmed to do. It was the Ancient's fault for not programming them with a regard for human life.

Also, artificial intelligence does not need to be self aware or conscious. An artificial intelligence just needs to be able to think. The Replicators that fought the Asgard weren't conscious and neither was the Virus the Wraith used to infect the Daedalus.

As for not wanting to put AI's in charge of weapons, do you know how many military accidents have been caused due to human error? There were over 1,200 "incidents" at NORAD just between 1984 and 1987, dozens of which almost led to nuclear war. There were over 8,000 friendly fire incidents in the Vietnam War. More American soldiers died in the first Gulf War due to friendly fire than enemy attacks. Humans have clearly proven themselves to be extremely fallible.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
            Hook it upto your xbox sorted!!!!
            Yup. with some sort of 3d/360 degree screen that lets u get a real time HUD, and u could fly it fine. And pull off some moves that would be impossible due to Gforces on the pilot
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

To answer the question of the thread... No. Puddle Jumpers are NOT fighter craft, they are transport vessels. YES, they have defenses, and limited (although powerful) offensive capabilities, but they aren't designed for warfare in the strictest sense. If the Ancient Warships were to have fighter supplements it would've been something else specifically designed for combat.
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

controling a ship like an oniell via remote control is easy, you just interface your computer with the oniels and give it instructions like open hyperspace window in such and such direction.

controling fighters is much harder because the computer just dosent do well under battle conditions unless we give it artificial intelegence but thats never EVER a good idea.

take the following movies for example:

1)stealth
                2) war games
                3) war games the dead code
                4) eagle eye

in all of these movies, artificial intelegence toataly screwed us and its just not a good idea to create one to pilot fighters, and without an artificial intelegence, computers just dont work well enough to be a reliable substitute for humans at the controls.
                You forgot terminator lol.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                  Asuran did exactly what they were programmed to do. It was the Ancient's fault for not programming them with a regard for human life.

Also, artificial intelligence does not need to be self aware or conscious. An artificial intelligence just needs to be able to think. The Replicators that fought the Asgard weren't conscious and neither was the Virus the Wraith used to infect the Daedalus.

As for not wanting to put AI's in charge of weapons, do you know how many military accidents have been caused due to human error? There were over 1,200 "incidents" at NORAD just between 1984 and 1987, dozens of which almost led to nuclear war. There were over 8,000 friendly fire incidents in the Vietnam War. More American soldiers died in the first Gulf War due to friendly fire than enemy attacks. Humans have clearly proven themselves to be extremely fallible.
                  AIs are bad knews and nothing anybody says will convince me otherwise. there will always be the possibility of them turning against us or malfunctioning and then were screwed.

take the matrix trilogy , just another example of how AIs screwed us and i hope the people in stargate are smart enough to see that.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

AIs are bad knews and nothing anybody says will convince me otherwise. there will always be the possibility of them turning against us or malfunctioning and then were screwed.

take the matrix trilogy , just another example of how AIs screwed us and i hope the people in stargate are smart enough to see that.
                    Just look at the remaining 99% of movies and TV shows where "natural intelligence" are the bad guys.

Take Back to the Future, Batman 1 - 4, Batman Begins, Casablanca, Children of Men, The Dark Knight, Die Hard 1 - 4, Dr. Strangelove, Firefly, Godfather 1 -3, Kill Bill, Mission Impossible 1 - 3, Predator 1 - 2, Reservoir Dogs, Se7en, The Shining, Sin City, Stargate, Star Trek 2 - 11, Star Wars 1 - 6, Twelve Monkeys, V for Vendetta, X-Men 1 - 3, The X-Files, and thousands of other movies where natural organic beings are the villains. Thousands more examples of how living creatures screwed everything up.

Being afraid of AI because they might turn bad is like being afraid of getting struck by lighting while smoking, doing heroin, driving drunk, and eating Crisco like ice cream while random shooting guns in a car filled with explosives.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion View Post
                      To answer the question of the thread... No. Puddle Jumpers are NOT fighter craft, they are transport vessels. YES, they have defenses, and limited (although powerful) offensive capabilities, but they aren't designed for warfare in the strictest sense. If the Ancient Warships were to have fighter supplements it would've been something else specifically designed for combat.
                      Yes. We have established this. Cheers for the backup!

As for AI.
                      Humans can barely control themselves with what intelligence we posses. Until WE are not dangerous because of what we know, we shudn't even consider AI
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Wraith love to Zerg Rush.

Unsportsman like, if you ask me.

Comment

Hahahaha. I don't believe the wraith bother with it, unfortunately.......
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

AI is flawed in so many ways but its almost inevitable some scientist with the "best of intentions" will someday create something which will destroy us all

Mckay

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                              AI is flawed in so many ways but its almost inevitable some scientist with the "best of intentions" will someday create something which will destroy us all

Mckay
                              Please, sah. That's not possible! McKay would save the day as well as almost end it. Proffessor Lee, on the other hand............
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                                Please, sah. That's not possible! McKay would save the day as well as almost end it. Proffessor Lee, on the other hand............

dont knock Dr.Lee!!!!! the man talks about LOTR and 101 dalmations in briefings! he's a legend!

Comment

Working...
                                X