No announcement yet.

USS Phoenix Will it show up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i prefer saying EU over individual EU countries. EU has a vast amount of funds.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Joe has said...

Spoiler:
      We will see Carter in episode 20 and we will find out what her new command position is. I reckon she is the commander of the Phoenix.
      Nope

CONTINUUM SPOILERS!
      Spoiler:
      in the end of the movie she talks about a moonbase, I bet thats her new command.
      [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

I think that going by how the politics have progressed to the point now in the Stargate shows at least, China will be the next country (if any) to get a 304.
        Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 21 September 2008, 10:53 AM.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yeah, as I said before the EU nowadays mainly a commercial alliance. Maybe some day it will be more(there are some people who trying to make it more), but it take some time, if it going to change. There are many problems for example the quarrel between the countries.

For example people in my country usally hate Romania for a lot of reasons. One of the main reasons is the Trianon "Peace" Threaty. Speak in general terms, in WW1 Romania made a secret pact with the Antant(alliance of GB, French, Russia) which said that after the war Romania can keep some hungarian teritorries if they take them. After that they declared war on Hungary. The hungarian forces defeated the romanian forces and advanced up to their capital city Bukarest(not Budapest, Budapest is the capital of Hungary). But after the war and after the putdown of a communist revolution when Hungary didn't have any operational armed forces the romanian troops started to occupy the country. They have already reached Budapest, when the Antant ordered them to stop and send back their troops to their borders. When the Antant was discussing the peace threaty for Hungary, they stated that Romania get Transylvania(Erdély in hungarian language). We defeated them in the war, they send troops in those territories only after the war, but nobody cares about it. Especially the Frenchs wanted to split up Hungary(Hungary not only lost Transylvania, but about 2/3 of it's territories), because their hate.

Hungary after and before Trianon(The territory marked with red is Hungary after the Trianon Threaty)

Last edited by HunGripen; 21 September 2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Quite frankly if China wanted one we'd have to give it to them.

Scenerio 1
            China wants to have a 304 and USA says no. China tanks the dollar and the world goes down the drain.

Scenerio 2
            EU wants to have a 304 and USA says no.......... After 2 weeks of waiting France thinks we're pissed and they surrender (to anyone that will accept it) fearing reprisal.

Scenerio 3
            China wants to have a 304 and USA says yes. China offers their manpower and manufacturing/construction capability in exchange for USA teaching them to farm efficiently, catapiller opening plants over there, USA helping with infrastructure. The end result is a fleet of 304s increasing by 30 each year and Earth colonizes this galaxy, slaughters the wraith and take over pegasus, take over IDA, and others.

Comment

scenario 4: EU wants a 304 and america says yes. EU uses its resources, and in no-time our fleet has tenfolded. not to mention the other new technologies incorporated

Comment

morrismike, you seem very aggressive to the EU.

France is not the EU. Even if they did 'surrender' as you so bluntly put it, what would that have to do with the rest of the EU? There are 26 other members. The EU is a diplomacy, which means it would work on a majority vote. If someone doesn't want to be part of any joint military program they have no obligation to be involved.
                Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

why does the EU even need a joint military programm? isnt that the point of NATO?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    why does the EU even need a joint military programm? isnt that the point of NATO?
                    No, NATO is another thing. It's not only for the European countries. If the EU want to become a stronger power it would need it's own military organization, which only for the EU and only for the interests of EU.
                    This new military could be in the NATO too somehow, of course it would be strange to have a military organization in a military organization. So the NATO is a good organization, but it's for global security problems and not onyl for a country or federation.

Comment

Nato is a crutch preventing the EU from "cowboying up". America won't always be there for NATO. Under scenerio 4 France is flying all over the known galaxies trying to surrender the earth to anyone who'll accept.

Comment

thekillmen
                        Despite most of the EU line of thought, America exists for reasons other than precluding the need for EU members to spend on their military budgets.

I'm not seeing a lot of 304s built under the workforce of the EU. I'm not going to take a dig at the short workweeks and long vacations, but tariffs to prevent outside competition aren't going to get 304s built.

Comment

well, china or japan could make alot. but they dont give a damn about how it gets done, as long as it gets done.

in europe, the airbus a380 is built. it works excellent

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            Eurofighter... that's a joint military program.
                            A 304 would be just the same IMO. Any countries wishing to be part of it would get a share of the workload and operating rights.
                            UK, France and Germany being the 3 major countries, and say 5 others with smaller shares.
                            Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HunGripen View Post
                              No, NATO is another thing. It's not only for the European countries. If the EU want to become a stronger power it would need it's own military organization, which only for the EU and only for the interests of EU.
                              You still dont get it. THis is not the cold war anymore and not some video game either. The world doesnt work on "America vs Russia vs EU vs China vs Africa vs Australia vs whatever else you can think of" principles anymore. If anything, the countries should be more "allied", not less, like your saying EU needs to be from NATO, especialy when in stargate the nations have a responsability for the entire humanity, not just their own country.
                              Also i dont get the France references, when did it surender?

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                              Nato is a crutch preventing the EU from "cowboying up". America won't always be there for NATO. Under scenerio 4 France is flying all over the known galaxies trying to surrender the earth to anyone who'll accept.
                              The way i see it, USA is the problem of nato, not the "always there" country you make it out to be, considering how it spit on other countries opinions and invaded iraq on its own. And as others have stated, EU counties have their own very competent and significant forces that if needed would probably be supperior to USA, Russia, or pretty much anyone else, its just that EU doesnt jump to gun as quickly as USA does. America "protecting" the world is a bunch of propoganda anyway..

thekillmen
                              Despite most of the EU line of thought, America exists for reasons other than precluding the need for EU members to spend on their military budgets.
                              Oh, so thats our line of thought, well thanx for telling me, i didnt know that. Probably because its only USAs line of thought, since it feels the need to remain a military super power in a world where war between any more powerfull countries would mean large scale devastation by nuclear weapons.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

By and large the members of the EU spend very little on defense because they feel that responsibility belongs to the USA. Russia spends money on their defense and so does China and neither of these countries national security policy isn't to call the USA for help - this makes them different from the EU. The worlds superpowers at the moment would be USA, China, Russia, and at some point the EU (or some version of NATO without USA and Canada) if they start defending themselves.
                                Wow, I almost pissed myself when I read this. Firstly, Britian IS a superpower. Second, it's America who is always asking for help from other countrys, not the other way round. Look at Iraq, how many people did America ask for help. Of the top of my head I can think of Britian and Australia, hell, even New Zealand came running. That's all I can think of at the moment but I sure there's more.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X