This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tech and changes for atlantis in 10 years time

IN 10 years (from the end of season 5) time what kind of things should we install on atlantis. there is lots of room to build on atlantis. now that we have the asgard data base we can use it to upgrade atlantis in some ways. also lets say the stargate programme was made public so we would have much greater resources.

Here is some things i have thought of:

1. i think the stargate should be put in a satellite base because if the gate was under attack it would be a good thing for the gate to not be in atlantis. also we would have a wraith beamer ready to beam the gate up if it becomes under attack in any way. they would use asgard beaming tech to get backwards and forwards from the base to atlantis. every 1 would be checked out at the base before they go to atlantis. that thing that kills goaulds in thors hammer would be infront of the gate.

2. if the asgard core is powered by some new asgard energy source which is some like a ZPM then build a much larger 1 in atlantis. if not build loads of neutrino ion generators.

3. how bout an asgard shield (AOT asgard shield but larger 1. powered by asgard energy source). i dont mean to replace the ancient shield but just to be a back up. it could be used if the ancient shield is on cloak or if the ancient shield fails. plus it would be useful if atlantis is in space for a long time cos the asgard shield would drain a lot less power

4. i would love to see a space gun like the ion cannons the tollans had but it would be a much larger asgard beam weapon. it would be big enough and powerful enough to destory hives in 1 shot.

theres some ideas i had. i no some are a bit out there and they would take a lot of resources to do. but they would make atlantis very powerful.
    please comment on my ideas. good or bad

lets hear some more ideas and lets hear some original ideas. remmember you can be say some costly ideas cos its 10 years into the future.

Turkey sandwich maker. Anywhere, anytime, sandwich. Beamed right to one's self.
    Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

And don't forget to put that in a puddle jumper, and connect it to the neural interface.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
      Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
      The Chevron Team
      Spoiler:
      Never make everything Organic!
      Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
      :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
      :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
      :The drones are heading towards us.
      :Those drones look familiar...
      : SQUID?!?
      We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

What about a shipyard? Atlantis can build and repair 304s on a massive scale.

Satellite defense grid.

Subspace TV. So we can watch the Simpsons on Atlantis.
        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
          What about a shipyard? Atlantis can build and repair 304s on a massive scale.

Satellite defense grid.

Subspace TV. So we can watch the Simpsons on Atlantis.
          Atlantis should deffo be able to repair ships but we should build some where else i think

Satellite defense grid is a great idea. they would need small sublight engines so they get to atlantis if needed.

Subspace TV they deffo need aswel. they should get the internet so they can join use on this forum

Comment

The one idea I like is having a "backup" shield. Now admittedly this would be nowhere as good as the Ancient shield, but we could have a secondary shield underneath the cloak that could at least take a hit or two, just enough for us to change back to shield.

Building it would probably be intresting, but seeing as we can produce shields the size of a 304, we could at least shield the important parts such as shield generators + the central tower. The shield generators for the back up shield could also be powered by the zpm, making it stronger, since a cloak drains a small steady amount from the zpm, unlike the main shield which would take the entire power conduits to get enough power

Comment

They can definately put Asgard weapons on Atlantis, but that would make Atlantis TOO powerful. Just can't be done.
              Just imagine... they don't even need to worry about hives, all they need to do is put like 20 or so asgard beam weapons around the city, inside the shield, so that even if 40 hives come, 20 beams kill 20 hives, and with the drones etc.

Comment

Atlantis Parked somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.
                The Wraith destroyed. Pegasus left to it's own devices
                The Stargate program is disclosed to the entire world.

Oh and cloaks, guns, ZPM's etc etc.

Comment

Subspace TV should be put there so they can watch themselves.

The Chevron Team
                  Spoiler:
                  :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.

Comment

Beaming the stargate up is a bad idea. A spacestargate too. Then the wraith could just drop by and get the gate. Then they have a gate that is able to dial the milkyway gates. The wraith move through the gate and grow/build some ships in the miky way and send some darts through and the can start their invasion. A VERY BAD IDEA

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                      Beaming the stargate up is a bad idea. A spacestargate too. Then the wraith could just drop by and get the gate. Then they have a gate that is able to dial the milkyway gates. The wraith move through the gate and grow/build some ships in the miky way and send some darts through and the can start their invasion. A VERY BAD IDEA
                      Yeah, it'd be like Midway all over again.

I'm thinking the 304s as luxury space cruisers. Jacuzzis, Tennis courts, and all-you-can-eat buffets of gourmet food for the 3 week trip to the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

I was under the assumption that it was something in the DHD, not the gate that did that.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                          XFIRE is right its the DHD that has the crystal that can dial the MW and that can stay on atlantis. so when you think about it, its a better idea than keeping it on atlantis

Comment

That's what the Gate Shield and the Iris is for. Why put it in space or a satellite base when we can monitor it closely? Plus, the Atlantis gate is secured to the gateroom. How do you repair that kind of thing when you pull up the gate? What if there was a foothold situation? Can they go directly to Atlantis without being detected or intercepted in your satellite base? What about the DHD? Are you going to uproot the entire Stargate Ops so you can place the DHD in your satellite base? What about in space? It doesn't have the power nodes so how can it dial? How about the disabler keypad? We saw how it can be useful in foothold situations, how can you access it when you are in that satellite base? How about the jumpers? Why waste the jumper's power to flying to a satellite base and going through there, when there is a more convenient option? If you are telling me to move the jumpers, what would be the purpose of the jumper bays, which are specifically built for handling those puddle jumpers? What about leaving? Will we leave the Stargate and that satellite base and let the enemies extract useful intel? Answer this and the barrages of qustions I can think of, and I might support you. But for now, NO.

The Chevron Team
                            Spoiler:

Comment

An Atlantis Episode says Mckay located the control crystal you need to dial other galaxies and was going to remove it out of the gate and take ik with him during an evacuation.

Putting it in a base in orbit bad idea. Any defence we can build sucks if you look at the city shield

Comment

Working...
                              X