This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactics to destroy Ancient Atlantis

We have thread on how to attack Earth but what about Ancient Atlantis Planet. The Original planet of the Ancients.

Ancient Atlantis Planet assume it is defended by:
    1. 10,000 Surface Drones.
    2. 30 Langarian defence Satellites.
    3. 20+ Ancient Auroras
    4. Ground-base Cannons
    5. 100 Puddle Jumpers

How did the Wraith pull it off? How would you do it? Whatever race you choose to use?
    Stargate Revival Please!

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post

How did the Wraith pull it off?
    Vast numbers and superior Tacits

How would you do it?

Whatever race you choose to use?
    I would choose the Wraith

First I would start out with dialing the atlantis gate and keep dialing it to make sure they can't reinforce it.

Here is what I would do, sent in a small force of about four hives and eight crusiers and make sure they were out of range of the defense weapons and far enough out not to be targeted by the drones or at least far enough to jump into hyperspace. Now at this point I would launch all darts and start scanning to find the placments of the Langarian defence Satellites. So once darts are launched I would start attacking the Satellites with them, if they have no effect I would call them back and jump into hyperspace and then come back with as many hives, cruisers, and darts that I could. Then as soon as I come out of hyperspace I would target the Defense Satellites and take as many as I could out and then soon as I could jump back into hyperspace. I would then keep this process up as long as it took to destroy the Defense Satellites and not worrying about any other defenses.

So once the Defense Satellites were destroyed I would hit the Auroras with everything I got. Then when the droens are sent up to destroy my ships I would shoot at the drones and as soon as they enter a certain range I jump into hyperdspace making the Ancinets waste their drones. Then I would renter the space and start orbital bombing and doing the same process as before to make sure the drones don't kill me. So once they run out of drones the true orbital bombing starts. This time I let the full force go, fire everything and then I would launch Darts making sure to destroy any jumpers as well as preparing a landing force ready to take the city.

So it would take a few days but soon enough their shields would be drained and I launch my full forces capturing the city and if not I would destroy it with my orbiatl bombing

Now I expect to take huge losses but as long as it isn't my ship I have no problem with it
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post

I would choose the Wraith

First I would start out with dialing the atlantis gate and keep dialing it to make sure they can't reinforce it.

Here is what I would do, sent in a small force of about four hives and eight crusiers and make sure they were out of range of the defense weapons and far enough out not to be targeted by the drones or at least far enough to jump into hyperspace. Now at this point I would launch all darts and start scanning to find the placments of the Langarian defence Satellites. So once darts are launched I would start attacking the Satellites with them, if they have no effect I would call them back and jump into hyperspace and then come back with as many hives, cruisers, and darts that I could. Then as soon as I come out of hyperspace I would target the Defense Satellites and take as many as I could out and then soon as I could jump back into hyperspace. I would then keep this process up as long as it took to destroy the Defense Satellites and not worrying about any other defenses.

So once the Defense Satellites were destroyed I would hit the Auroras with everything I got. Then when the droens are sent up to destroy my ships I would shoot at the drones and as soon as they enter a certain range I jump into hyperdspace making the Ancinets waste their drones. Then I would renter the space and start orbital bombing and doing the same process as before to make sure the drones don't kill me. So once they run out of drones the true orbital bombing starts. This time I let the full force go, fire everything and then I would launch Darts making sure to destroy any jumpers as well as preparing a landing force ready to take the city.

So it would take a few days but soon enough their shields would be drained and I launch my full forces capturing the city and if not I would destroy it with my orbiatl bombing

Now I expect to take huge losses but as long as it isn't my ship I have no problem with it
      That might even be how the Ancients lost. Thats the only plan i see working.
      What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

^ One problem... Atlantis in the Lantean days was defended by a shield powered by 3+ ZPMs. It would take years to drain that shield, not days.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

True. I never thought about it that way. And im pretty sure if the ZPM's were reaching critical, they would just make more.
          What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            ^ One problem... Atlantis in the Lantean days was defended by a shield powered by 3+ ZPMs. It would take years to drain that shield, not days.
            Well I don't know how many ships I had so it could take days if I haev a few hundred hives and a few thousand crusiers not to mention numerous Darts
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
              Well I don't know how many ships I had so it could take days if I haev a few hundred hives and a few thousand crusiers not to mention numerous Darts
              Well, it's been assumed that the Wraith used that many ships in their first siege, so no, it would still take years; decades or even centuries, possibly.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                Well, it's been assumed that the Wraith used that many ships in their first siege, so no, it would still take years; decades or even centuries, possibly.
                Never assume because it makes an ass out of you and me

True but we don't know for sure and we have seen Atlantis bombard with 1 ZPM for the shields and it held for about a day or two (I think thats what Rodney said) so even with 3+ ZPMs its not going to last a decade unless its like a few hundred ZPMs and thats just specualtion of how many they have
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

No, it would probably take a year max

The siege lasted for 100 years, the only way that is possible (considering the fact one ZPM could only last for days) is if they kept making more zpms. I also don't think atlantis on its on can make ZPMs (really stupid plot hole if they could) so if you kept dialing in, they couldn't receive it from whatever zpm factory was making them.

Another good fact is that since Janus blocked all address except for Earths (before I sleep) it is a safe bet they could do the same to block all address except for friendly ones...don't forget they did build it, they could easy change the gate protocols

Comment

fugiman; It is a good plan

Since I was the one who started this I think it is fitting that I should post how I would do it.

Wraith
                    I would have 5 groups of Hiveships

First I would have one battle group of 5 hiveships come out of hyperspace 12 hours away from the Atlantis and have them deploy all of their darts. cruisers etc then proceed to Atlantis on sublight. I am hoping that Atlantis will be generals will be foolish enough to send their Auroras to me to try to destroy my battle group before I reach Atlantis.

The battle groups have orders to destroy or disable the Auroras' hyperdrive engines and communications network. This will prevent them from reinforcing Atlantis. After Atlantis sends their fleet out to meet my battle group and the battle starts.

The Second group of Hiveships with 3 hives will come out of hyperspace with 5 hiveship size Asteroids along with dozens of smaller ones. A number of Darts will hide inside the large ones. When I throw these asteroids on Atlantis They will be force to use their satellites and their drones before the Asteroids strike the planet. This will expose the Satellite Network. When they start firing the Darts come out of the Asteroids and attack them.

The Asteroids might even hit Atlantis. I mean if Hiveships size Asteroids hit Atlantis shields will be damaged even if they had three of them.

In the confusion I am hoping my darts will break the defensive net. Some asteroids might even be useful to destroy some of the satellites. Hopefully the Ancients will also have to expend their surface drones.

Then I will send the 3rd battle group composing 15 hives will join the second group to bombard Atlantis from Space.

I said I have 5 battle groups. The fourth group will reinforce the remnants of the first group and wipe out Ancient fleet.

The fifth group will be in reserve. Should the second and third contingent be overwhelmed by the surface defenses. during the bombardment the ANcient will use their drones sparingly. When the fifth group comes they will have fewer defenses left.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by iqbalg1 View Post
                      No, it would probably take a year max

The siege lasted for 100 years, the only way that is possible (considering the fact one ZPM could only last for days) is if they kept making more zpms. I also don't think atlantis on its on can make ZPMs (really stupid plot hole if they could) so if you kept dialing in, they couldn't receive it from whatever zpm factory was making them.

Another good fact is that since Janus blocked all address except for Earths (before I sleep) it is a safe bet they could do the same to block all address except for friendly ones...don't forget they did build it, they could easy change the gate protocols
                      True about the gate, I'm sure the Ancients could do all kinds of fancy manipulations of gate protocol. They did create the dang things after all.

Also, I think Atlantis does have the ability to create ZPM's because at the end of the war they were the last outpost. There were no other places for them recieve a ZPM from. And if my memory serves me right, they held out there for a while longer trying to figure out a way to win the war. In the end they lost because they ran out of ideas and willpower. They left, not because they had to, but because they saw no reason to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by iqbalg1 View Post

I don't think he blocked other gates from connecting with atlantis I just thought that he made sure the shield was always up except when Earth Dialed in
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Dont forget shield.

Ancient Atlantis Planet assume it is defended by:
                          1. 30 Langarian defence Satellites.
                          As they seem to have no point defenses (assuming they dont have shields) i would jump just out of firing range with all my hives at my disposal and launch all darts. They should be far too numerous to destroyed in sufficient quantity that would save the satellites and if the PJs arent there already there would be almost no defense. if i have 250 hives each with a thousand darts 250,000 darts would be far to much for the Aurora to take on. And with kamikaze pilots and an impact that leaves 23 billion joules of damage i dont think the ancients would have sent their fleet into a swarm of that. If there were shields minor ships like cruisers and scouts could be added
                          2. 20+ Ancient Auroras.
                          Overwhelming numbers of hives and cruisers, kamikaze darts doing massive damage
                          3. Ground-base Cannons
                          Darts to swarm and less important ships like cruisers
                          4. 100 Puddle Jumpers
                          Could probably only target 4 darts at a time so they would have been no force against the darts
                          5. 10,000 Surface Drones.
                          outlast, dial in and cut off supplies. Possibly move a gate into orbit and keep that with a constant wormhole. If a strike can be covertly made that would hit the power room than that. If not just try to expend the ZPM on keeping the shield up, which if you have over a hundred hives shouldn't take you more than a day. the subsequent bombardment may vaporize any drones that are launched
                          Last edited by 2ndgenerationalteran; 27 February 2008, 10:42 PM.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The Asgard were able to create a black hole by artifically increasing the mass of a star, so its a good bet that they would be able to manipulate Lantia's sun to cause a supernova. This would give the Ancients very little time to react. A supernova would drain the power from the ZPM's fast enough that they would not be able to be replaced before the shield failed. Then its bye-bye Atlantis.....and Lantia.....and the rest of the solar system
                            sigpic

Comment

i dont think wraith tech has reached supernova causing levels, they would need a shield to protect the device when it is so close to the sun and they dont and the organic tech probably would litterally cook. if they can do the Exodus style supernova then maybe but again it requires a shield
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X