This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronons Gun

Ive always kinda wondered were he got his gun from. I know its traveler tech, but how did he get it. I can only think of two ways, they either gave it too him(and from the travelers we've met, yea right), or he killed one when he was a runner and took it.

Excuse me if i have posted a toppic that is over used here.
    What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
    Ive always kinda wondered were he got his gun from. I know its traveler tech, but how did he get it. I can only think of two ways, they either gave it too him(and from the travelers we've met, yea right), or he killed one when he was a runner and took it.

Theoreticly we dont know for sure the Tavelers invented the weapon. They could have scavenged or tradded it on a visited planet where they may have visted whilst picking up supplies.
    And I doubt Ronon had met the Traverlers or he most likley would have mentions them in the episode but as for having to of killed one, Still seems unlikley. I think he either traded or was given it.

But personally Im going witht trade.
    Pure.

Comment

I think the likeliest scenario is that he pinched it from a Traveller, possibly while they were drunk. Seems a very Ronon thing to do if you ask me :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post

Or he came across a dead traveler and took it from him but I wonder where he gets the ammunition/batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by anima View Post
          Or he came across a dead traveler and took it from him but I wonder where he gets the ammunition/batteries.
          didnt they imply those battery packs were rechargable

Comment

Joseph Mallozzi stated that the power cell recharges itself.

Common belief 'round these parts is that it's a kinetic thing.

EDIT: From JM's blog directly.

Anonymous #2 writes: “1) Can Michael’s superbugs still feed like normal Iratus bugs?
            2) Since Michael is now no longer fully Wraith and lacks the funky teeth and hairdo, does this also mean that he is incapable of feeding like a normal Wraith? 3) Is the dart that they escaped the Taranan settlement and got picked up by the Daedalus another one of those plot devices that is barely mentioned, but waiting to be used like Rodney’s Puddle Jumper hyperdrive generator? 4a) Ronon’s gun seems to have a LOT of shots in it. We might assume it has a power source as we saw him plugging in a battery like thing in Instinct. Does he have a thousand of those or is it rechargeable? 4b) At the start of Vengeance, John tells Ronon to set his gun to stun and it barely damages the first superbug they fight. But later on, most of the superbugs go down from one blast from Ronon’s gun. Is this different because he set it on kill, or he’s just shooting them in a weaker spot?

Answers: 1) If you’re referring to the creatures in Vengeance - yes. 2) Good question. Stay tuned. 3) It may come into play in a future episode. Though not in season four. 4) It does recharge itself. 4b) When dealing with certain enemies, Ronon prefers to use the Kill setting on his weapon.
            Last edited by Dev Corvin; 17 February 2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

thats probaly why he always spins it alot

most likely when he was a runner he came across the travellers since they said they had to leave some of their race behind cos of lack of space so most likely traded it with wot ronan had maybe some wraith guns or something with all the wraith he killed
              sigpic

Comment

i think he bought it on ebay
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

No he bought it at the PBN - Pegasus Barter Network.

It could be traveler tech, they do have a lot of them.

Comment

If they ever do another 'stuck' episode like Trio then they should have them (the core team) sit around and tell back stories about themselves. This includes Ronon telling how he got his gun.

Comment

There really is no question as to whether or not it's Traveller's tach; their engines, weapons, etc all use the same type of red energy pulses.

Assuming that they scavenged sidearms from another race is one thing, but assuming that their ships were salvaged as well? Less likely. When you hear hooves, you don't assume Zebra. If they've got them now, it's likely they made them.

Comment

What if the Genii empire that was mentioned that existed along time ago consisted of Sateda and the Travelers people (and more of course) so the tech is similiar.

Comment

Well i think its still likely he befriended a traveller who was looking for martierals on a planet. Now for not nowing what a traveler was or who they were. He was one the run. He didnt have time for pitty questions. I think he ran across him and the travller was un-lucky cause Ronon kills just about anything thats not the team. But thats my opionion.
                          What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                            What if the Genii empire that was mentioned that existed along time ago consisted of Sateda and the Travelers people (and more of course) so the tech is similiar.
                            When was this Genii empire mentioned? i never heard of it before. maybe the traveler just gave Ronon the gun when he fond out he was a runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              When was this Genii empire mentioned? i never heard of it before. maybe the traveler just gave Ronon the gun when he fond out he was a runner.
                              First episode we encountered them. I think they said they were a "confederation", not an empire, but yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X