Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard ships have several advantages over Lantian designs

1)Asgard Starships are incredibly manouverable-Lantian Ships are not
    2)Lantian Ships are ammunition dependant-Asgard Ships are not as they only use energy weapons as far as we know
    3)Asgard Ships are more Aesthically pleasing than Lantian Designs
    4)Asgard ships would beat a Lantian ship in a hyperspace race with ease

Just a few simple reasons why Asgard ships are better-Ohhhh and I do know that the Lantian Aurora class has energy weapons but they do not appear to be their primary armament

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Master View Post
      I didn't mean to suggest that oddysey's shields are the equivelent of atlantis cause again that would go against logic as atlantis would have more power with a ZPM and I imagine alot larger more effective shield generators. But with tptb you cant even rely on cannon cause it changes to suit the story.
      As for sensors the asgard ships have sensors that can detect different life forms, individuals and replicators. Not to mention being able to monitor all hyperspace travel with in the vicinity of earth presumably from there home galaxy. As of yet the ancients havn't shown such an ability. In the ep where jack is cloned thor seemed to beam in from his home galaxy inferring that there beam tech can even be used simular to a star gate when there's a transmitter and receiver.

As for more ZPM's providing alot more power to atlantis it seems doubt ful and three ZPM's would only mean three times the power. But dont get me started on ZPM plotholes lol
      No jspuddlejumper said that they were equal. Yes the asgard have sensors that could detect things in our galaxy but we don't know how far the asgard galaxy is. It could be very close. The ancients could detect the whole pg galaxy. They also had individual ships and the type of ship it was. Yes but again we've seen so much of the asgard ship technology compared to ancients despite having atlantis. OH and the asgard detecting earth could be in the MW galaxy. Even the asgard looked up to the ancients. I think the asgard were the ancients legacy as we are the Asgard's.
      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the Jaffa will be ours-I must say a very enlightening last few words about legacys. It makes me wonder if the Ancients had anyone to look towards?????

Comment

Everyone if the ancients and the asgard were at war. The ancients would build alot better ships than they did against the wraith. They would also adapt to the technology the asgard have. The ancients could make energy beams if they wanted but that would just be too hard to destroy a many kilometer/mile long hive unless they shoot a crucial part of the hive. They also had to worry about resources and time to build the auroras. If the ancients had the whoud pg or mw and the asgard had the whole ida for resources the ancients could build alot better ships with all of the materials. So yes the asgard ships are better but the ancients are capable of better ships than auroras. They just were smart and wanted to conserve their limited resources.
          sigpic

Comment

Ancient tech so far has been a complete disappointment and if it wasn't for ZPM tech and the dekara device I doubt there would be even a debate on the subject.
            Thats not to say there's not more to come and we havn't seen what there capable of but as it stands it aint nothing special so far. I hope the writers plan to show us what the ancients were capable of.
            But for now I would take the sentinal device over drones any day for protection

Comment

Ancient tech so far has been a complete disappointment and if it wasn't for ZPM tech and the dekara device I doubt there would be even a debate on the subject.
              Thats not to say there's not more to come and we havn't seen what there capable of but as it stands it aint nothing special so far. I hope the writers plan to show us what the ancients were capable of.
              But for now I would take the sentinal device over drones any day for protection
              Well there is something called the "Stargate". I wonder what that could be. Hm Its probaly just a coincedence that the whole franchise is called stargate right. Oh and what about the thing I heard about ascension. Yeah that couldn't be anything advance though.Or what about a city that could fly. Nope that is a very bad idea. OH and the time dilation field. Oh and self replicating nanites aren't anything amazing either or the telchak device, the drones,the Langaron point satellite(think i spelled that wrong). All of these things are complete disappointments. I cant see how anybody could call them advance.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                Well there is something called the "Stargate". I wonder what that could be. Hm Its probaly just a coincedence that the whole franchise is called stargate right. Oh and what about the thing I heard about ascension. Yeah that couldn't be anything advance though.Or what about a city that could fly. Nope that is a very bad idea. OH and the time dilation field. Oh and self replicating nanites aren't anything amazing either or the telchak device, the drones,the Langaron point satellite(think i spelled that wrong). All of these things are complete disappointments. I cant see how anybody could call them advance.
                Compared to the asgard they aint that special now. the asgard have time dilation tech which works with out a ZPM and spans a good deal further than a small portion of a planet.

If the telchak device actually worked the ancients would have been practically immortal but since they weren't it probably didn't. That and the asgard beam em n fix em seems alot better any way

The tollans and nox can build stargates.
                The nox have flying cities with enough power it appears to keep em floating on a permanent basis if they want. They also had ascention powers with out needing to ascend

The goauld have self replicating nanites

The achen can predict solar activity which the ancients failed to do in time with the lantian sun

The defence satillite was a joke given its size for its function as a stationary weapons platform. The Ori satillite was a fraction of the size and much better.

The achen can convert planets in to stars, the asgard stars in to blackholes.

The sentinal weapon wipes the floor with drones. Plus drones cant even penertrate asgard shields from the battles ive seen which even the mw replicators could do.

Comment

Compared to the asgard they aint that special now. the asgard have time dilation tech which works with out a ZPM and spans a good deal further than a small portion of a planet.

Yes the zpm was needed to keep the time dialation for thousands-millions of years. The asgard could have gotten it from the database. That is about equivalent.

If the telchak device actually worked the ancients would have been practically immortal but since they weren't it probably didn't. That and the asgard beam em n fix em seems alot better any way

Well it may have worked but was abandoned after the plauge or a new better source of logevity.

The nox have flying cities with enough power it appears to keep em floating on a permanent basis if they want. They also had ascention powers with out needing to ascend
                  Yes but where would they have gotten the idea and blueprints from. The original gate makers Ancients. Oh and do their cities have space travel capabilities.
                  Not as advanced as the asurans are. I dont see any sentient beings being created.
                  The achen can predict solar activity which the ancients failed to do in time with the lantian sun

The defence satillite was a joke given its size for its function as a stationary weapons platform. The Ori satillite was a fraction of the size and much better. Yep now lets compare knowledge given from ascended beings. Maybe i should add some of the ascended merlins tech. Hm phase shifting. The beam thing that beamed from planet to planet. Sangraal.

There is nothing showing that the ancients can't do that. They have no need to make another star.
                  The sentinal weapon wipes the floor with drones. Plus drones cant even penertrate asgard shields from the battles ive seen which even the mw replicators could do. If you wanna sacrafice a human everytime you use it then yes sure.
                  Overall the ancients discoveries> asgard discoveries. The asgard only got faster hyperdrives and a better beam weapon. The ancient have 3 of the most advance discoveries in the stargate universe. The Stargate,Zpm,and Dakara superweapon. Not to mention ascension which the asgard didn't achieve. I also find it pitiful that you have to compare the ancients with many races rather than one. That shows how scientifically and technologically more advance they are than the other races because you have to pit them against all of the other races. What about the ark. Shows people the truth sounds pretty advance even in the before the ancients reached the peak of their tech they had very advance tech.
                  Last edited by !!??; 15 January 2008, 08:30 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Drones can damage Asgard shields as the Apollo found out in the Battle of Asura as just before the replicators were pulled down from orbit the Apollo was just about to loose shields hence why Ellis was about to transfer power away from weapons to reinforce them

Comment

And the Ancients reversed time, and could make a time "loop." 2 different methods of time travel.

The telchak device did work, its was keyed to ancient physiology not human.

But they didnt invent it did they, they just copy preciously made ones and as far as my understanding the Nox did more work than the tollan.

So did the ancients, on the path to assension they gained new powers. Aiyana could heal and she was several million years younger than the pegasus Ancients before the wraith war.

But they couldnt assemble themselves into fully functional beings.

The defence satillite was a joke given its size for its function as a stationary weapons platform. The Ori satillite was a fraction of the size and much better.
                      and because the size reduction it could afford to have a shield, plus the beam was minuscule in comparison to the Lagrange point satellite. Plus we dont know if it had a shield, for all we know they did but didnt even bother getting it working because they didnt have time. Plus its ROF is supposed to be extremely rapid considering that it could take out 3 hives with out a sweat.

whos to say the ancients didnt do that?

The sentinal weapon wipes the floor with drones. Plus drones cant even penertrate asgard shields from the battles ive seen which even the mw replicators could do.
                      Dakara weapon trumps the Sentinel and replicator missles are designed to punch through shields while drones "slip" in.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Don't forget Janus's time travelling Gateship-which could traverse time-the only reason why they did not build more was because they did not want to damage the timeline

Comment

We also cant forget what happened to taonas and the shield still held. That proves how strong the shields are.
                          sigpic

Comment

Exactly-Stargate technology is very durable and longlasting unlike USS Voyager which needs constant maintainance to keep operational as does the Millenium Falcon. Back to topic Projct Arcturas was well out of the Asgards league and only was a hairs breath away from success by taking energy away from multiple universes instead of taking it from only one

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                              Exactly-Stargate technology is very durable and longlasting unlike USS Voyager which needs constant maintainance to keep operational as does the Millenium Falcon. Back to topic Projct Arcturas was well out of the Asgards league and only was a hairs breath away from success by taking energy away from multiple universes instead of taking it from only one
                              I agree they just needed more time and less stress from the wraith and they may have found a solution.
                              sigpic

Comment

im split on the idea that if mckay had jeanies formula they could have succeded.
                                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                                X