simple reason asgard ships are better than lantian ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
    why would the anchients develop ships when they hve these wonderfull stargates
    Well, something needs to actually go and put those fancy star gates where they need to be. I doubt they fly through space and place themselves

Comment

Thay should make a ship that uses wormholes for ftl space travel.
      sigpic

Comment

AoT spoiler below about shield strength:

The Odyssey survived for minutes the combined bombardment of 4 Ori ships (4 ships=4 shots fired each second) = 100+ Ori beams = same as Atlantis shield strength.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          AoT spoiler below about shield strength:

The Odyssey survived for minutes the combined bombardment of 4 Ori ships (4 ships=4 shots fired each second) = 100+ Ori beams = same as Atlantis shield strength.
          You don't know they are equivalent because you don't know how many ori beams would destroy Atlantis.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
            You don't know they are equivalent because you don't know how many ori beams would destroy Atlantis.
            To be fair I doubt any one knows that cause tptb change it to suit the story. 1ZPM can last 3.3 thousand years holding back an ocean but a few days under wraith bombardment which even the deddy can take for a good few minutes and even a few seconds with out shields will deplete the ZPM.

As for asgard ships they seem superior in every way.
            Better hyperdrive, weapons, sensors, beaming and med tech. They can even replicate new componants unlike the ancient ships which can get standed in between galaxies with out spare parts for their hyperdrive. Oh yeah and communications since asgard can talk across galaxies with out an open stargate and maybe beam as well. The ancients from the looks of things couldn't even call for help from there allies.

Last but not least and im probably gonna get stick for this but the ancient ships are proper ugly beasts unlike the sleek looking asgard ships. Even something like the BS galactica would have been good. Who designs a monstrosity like one of those aroura class ships. The ancients obviously had better scientists than designers altho atlantis turned out ok
            Last edited by Gate Master; 15 January 2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Well, the Ori beam is much more powerful than the Asuran satellite weapon per shot wise. Look at the effect 1 Ori beam did to the Odyssey and Korvalov (Flesh and Bloode episode) and compared that to the Asuran satellite did to the Apollo.

Asgard replicator can replicate anything with little instruction, very user friendly. Probably the only thing it can't replicate is a ZPM, otherwise it would be too easy for earth to become ultra powerful. ZPM search to kill a few episodes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Master View Post
                To be fair I doubt any one knows that cause tptb change it to suit the story. 1ZPM can last 3.3 thousand years holding back an ocean but a few days under wraith bombardment which even the deddy can take for a good few minutes and even a few seconds with out shields will deplete the ZPM.

As for asgard ships they seem superior in every way.
                Better hyperdrive, weapons, sensors, beaming and med tech. They can even replicate new componants unlike the ancient ships which can get standed in between galaxies with out spare parts for their hyperdrive. Oh yeah and communications since asgard can talk across galaxies with out an open stargate and maybe beam as well. The ancients from the looks of things couldn't even call for help from there allies.

Last but not least and im probably gonna get stick for this but the ancient ships are proper ugly beasts unlike the sleek looking asgard ships. Who designs such a monstrosity, obviously had better scientists than designers altho atlantis turned out ok
                That still doesn't support the statement that oddysey's shields are equivalent to Atlantis'. I thought it could withstand months with 3 zpms from wraith bombardment. I don't believe their sensors are seeing as they could sense ships throughout the whole Pegasus galaxy so they may be equivalent.It has never been stated auroras can't talk between galaxies. We know so much about Odyssey's upgrade but have no proof that the auroras don't have this stuff either.

Now for the original topic.
                We have to have proof in order to compare them. There could be multiple reasons the auroras were destroyed so easily:
                1 The Asurans don't fight good. They haven't fought for 10,000s of years and probaly have limited controls of the auroras.
                2The Asurans were in a hurry to build ships so they weren't as good in quality.
                3 Weir sabotaged the ships.
                4The first few ships shields were down and the rest were still coming to the battle.
                That is 4 on the top of my head. Unless we have specs of both ships which I believe we only have specs of 1 and they aren't detailed enough in the show. We would never accurately be able to compare them unless the same race is controlling both ships and have equal tactics. There are multiple reasons the asurans lost. We also dont know if the auroras are the best class the ancients could make. They just made what they "thought" could do with the wraith,and they were winning until the wraith mass produced their selves(SoW). Its still too early to compare the ships. I also disagree with the people who say that Asurans=Ancients. I would highly doubt the ancients would give Asurans all of their technology and knowledge. The asurans probaly just found ancient technology and databases and copied it but not the best it could be copied. Plus the asurans are even more arrogant than the ancients imo. The battle only lasted a few minutes and if they failed to go through with their plan I believe both the fleet would be destroyed very quickly when the rest of the Auroras came with fully charged shields and weapons. The 304s=asgard ships btw because the asgard gave the best technology they had. The asgard also are quicker at building things because they have been alive for tens of thousands of years. That means building a ships is really easy. They also had those thousands of years to gather more knowledge than the ancients who lived hundreds-thousands of years without ascending. So yes the asgard are better at making ships but only because they have alot more experience without having to restart than the individual ancients. If the ancients cloned their selves or found some other way of living tens of thousands of years there is no doubt that they would have surpassed the asgard in creating better ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, the Ori beam is much more powerful than the Asuran satellite weapon per shot wise. Look at the effect 1 Ori beam did to the Odyssey and Korvalov (Flesh and Bloode episode) and compared that to the Asuran satellite did to the Apollo.
                  The asuran satelite could deplete the shield of atlantis and destroy it in one shot... And the korolev and Odyssey lost 50% shield per shot, but when the ZPM was plugged in they could survive up to 5 at most 6 shots.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

^Not the Odyssey, AoT. One thing is certain: Asgard tech is kick arse.

Spoiler below:

4 Ori ships continous fire, Ori ship generally fires 1 shot per second. The scene lasted easily well over 1 minute, if not 3+ minutes. And the shields held. Which implies 100+ Ori beams. The final Asgard shield upgrades? Who can say for certain.

Comment

^Not the Odyssey, AoT. One thing is certain: Asgard tech is kick arse.

Spoiler below:

4 Ori ships continous fire, Ori ship generally fires 1 shot per second. The scene lasted easily well over 1 minute, if not 3+ minutes. And the shields held. Which implies 100+ Ori beams. The final Asgard shield upgrades? Who can say for certain.
                      Yes but the odyssey without the power of the ANCIENT zpm wouldn't be able to withstand such fire.
                      sigpic

Comment

If the Odyssey had a Asgard generator, it would probably have survived that long.

Being Asgard tech, at 100% working efficiency with a Asgard generator.

The ZPM could not have made it any more powerful than it is at 100%.

Comment

If the Odyssey had a Asgard generator, it would probably have survived that long.

Being Asgard tech, at 100% working efficiency with a Asgard generator.

The ZPM could not have made it any more powerful than it is at 100%.
                          Well the generator is too big.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, way too big. Unless there is something else in the Core, some schematics for a smaller generator but that gives close or as much power as it's bigger cousin.

I wonder if the ZPM on the Odyssey was depleted??? Hopefully not.

Comment

Yes, way too big. Unless there is something else in the Core, some schematics for a smaller generator but that gives close or as much power as it's bigger cousin.

I wonder if the ZPM on the Odyssey was depleted??? Hopefully not.
                              I would think if they had a generator smaller that gave the same amount of energy they would have used it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                                That still doesn't support the statement that oddysey's shields are equivalent to Atlantis'. I thought it could withstand months with 3 zpms from wraith bombardment. I don't believe their sensors are seeing as they could sense ships throughout the whole Pegasus galaxy so they may be equivalent.It has never been stated auroras can't talk between galaxies. We know so much about Odyssey's upgrade but have no proof that the auroras don't have this stuff either.
                                I didn't mean to suggest that oddysey's shields are the equivelent of atlantis cause again that would go against logic as atlantis would have more power with a ZPM and I imagine alot larger more effective shield generators. But with tptb you cant even rely on cannon cause it changes to suit the story.
                                As for sensors the asgard ships have sensors that can detect different life forms, individuals and replicators. Not to mention being able to monitor all hyperspace travel with in the vicinity of earth presumably from there home galaxy. As of yet the ancients havn't shown such an ability. In the ep where jack is cloned thor seemed to beam in from his home galaxy inferring that there beam tech can even be used simular to a star gate when there's a transmitter and receiver.

As for more ZPM's providing alot more power to atlantis it seems doubt ful and three ZPM's would only mean three times the power. But dont get me started on ZPM plotholes lol

Comment

Working...
                                X