No announcement yet.

simple reason asgard ships are better than lantian ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just love writing walls of tect to defend your percious Asgard ey? I though i said, that we should specialize on something more specifically, instead of making these pointless long posts. What's your goal anyway? Noon is gonna convince me that the Asgard could beat the Ancients, so why are you trying?

1.I did not "heavily imply it".

2.Who cares if you weep or not. If they had the power to do this , then they had the power to do this. Once again, do you think they built something that they could not power? If hyperdrives are so much more better because they consume less power, then why do you think they even created the wormhole drive. Doesn't matter, it's superior in speed= it's superior in speed. We are not argueing about how much energy it takes, we're argueing about which one is faster.

*Also it may just be that as with other similar thing, the main part of power is consumed upon the creation of the window and then upon exit. Maybe the creation of the window took about 1,4 ZPMs, then the exit another 1,4 and the jump itself only 0,2. Hence they only used it for very long jumps, like at distances of tens/hundreds of millions of LY.(light years) This is speculation, but since we don't really know and you like to bash it, i can also hype it.

*Making ZPMs might have been hindered during the war indeed, but then what isn't? The Asgard were getting sliced by the Reaplicators. They weren't even strong enough to enforce their treaty with the Goa'uld. Now a race that is degrading dna-wise, that is loosing a war with an enemy, a race that isn't even capable of enforcing a treaty they signed and a race who is taking knowledge out of the Ancient's database, doesn't really seem all that big to me.

3.I see your point and yes it's true, BUT if they reached that speed in 1 second , then that is a measurement of engine power. You seem to like to always bash all uncertain aspects about the Ancients and then boost the uncertain aspects of the Asgard...

4.I don't quite get what you're saying, when you say i'm wrong...A ZPM is more powerful then a Neutrino Ion Generator. Hence everything gets a bigger boost (specially the Replicators) with ZPM levels of power output. Besides if the Tau'ri don't have the proper conduits and infrastructure, a simple NIG slapped on the ship won't make that much of a difference.

5.Asgard drive tech is not superior. Wormhole drive = faster. The end. Besides the fact that they didn't use fast drives on Auroras, doesn't mean that they didn't have them or weren't able to construct them. They didn't have them on Auroras for a reason.

6.LOL how is it "speculation" when we see Jack inside Thor's ship's computer, using the Ancient knowledge? It's a fact and i think i can dig up more then that one instance. To be honest without Ancient knowledge, the Asgard and everyone else in Milky Way would be toast long ago...

7.So? It's still a Jumper carrying and deploying them.

8.The humans were able to help defeat the Replicators, but they weren't able to defeat or help defeat the Wraith = Wraith are a more powerful enemy then the Replicators. The Asgard's cousins ( The Vanir )were also getting their asses kicked by the Wraith in Pegasus.

*Who cares about the Replicators- they got PWNT. That's what matters. The Wratih did NOT get pwnt. You largely underestimate the Wraith. As soon as they got their hands on a ZPM, they were able to make millions of more Wraith. In a way also replicating like their Milky Way machine couterparts. They were also physically stronegr and more enduring then most other species, they had self regeneration and were resistant to disease.

The Ancients had superior numbers? The only bloody reason they lost because of having less numbers...For an example, even if you have one Daedalus, when 100 bloody Ha'taks are bombarding it, then you're gonna loose.

*Also are you trying to say that the Asgard didn't have an advantage in the beginning? Why did they even poke the Replicators or try to fight if they knew that it was pointless? Hence they thought that they could win, but hey...they couldn't.

9.Hives got their privates ripped off long ago? Huh?

10.That's because you had no point to begin with. It has been stated in another topic that the computer probably sensed threat and instead of firing a normal amount of drones, chose to fire all it had left in order to defend itsef.

11.I don't get what you mean. The ship is moving faster then it's "fire" ever could.

12.Well why would the Replicators not fly at max speed? Still, Asgard power gen is inferior, but that's already an established fact so yeah.
    Why do you think that a bigger drive = more speed? Maybe there's a max speed.

13.I don't ignore anything, since a bigger drive does not = more speed necessarily. Ancient power generation is just superior. Also the Asgard shields still drop at exit = weakness.

14.Are you joking? I wasn't proven wrong. You delusional or something? I just couldn't be bothered to keep argueing about something that we can both only speculate about. You don't know for sure that Asgard ships with Asgard shields don't suffer the bleed-through. Even if they don't then so what? Whoopdie doo, 1 up for the poor Asgard rofl. Who cares, their shields still drop at exit = weakness once again.

15.No you use it as an excuse to claim that Asgard ships are godly.

16.No you are wrong, because you claim that "oh the Ancients suffered a plague". Seriously, what the heck does that proove rofl? What does that even have to do with this thread and their ships? The Asgard can suffer it too, so what? It's like you don't have enough real stats to show that the Asgard pwn, so you have to bring in some rather unsubstantial and off-topic things here, in order to try to boost them.

17.It's cos they don't exist today, now do they... -.-

18.Umm i think it is, since the entire franchise is named after it...

19.Why do you think that their main point/goal in life was to make more babies rofl? That's a primitive understanding as shown by the thirld world countries making doezens of kids inside one family and then most of them dieng. Overpopulation and not non-sustainability.

20.The Asgard can be allies as much as they want, the Ancients are still the Uber-race.

21.Who said that they didn't have ways of downloading that infromation into a hard drive and then "googling" what they needed? Why do you think they had to directly shove it all into their heads. I think even their heads would explode from the amount of knowledge left by the Ancients.

22.Yes i know about Alexandria. Also who cares, what someone compared it too. That might have been that character's own personal opinion. The fact that you are in an alliance, doesn't mean that you are equal in power to all the other allies.

23.Well if they were so advanced then where were their early warning systems and sensor arrays? You really expect me to believe that the Vanir got taken totally off-guard? Lol.

34.That was a plot driven piece of crap. Besides those few dozen or whatever people do not = the enitre Ancient population.

35.Stagnation? If you have reached a pinnacle in a certain level then how can you call that stagnation? A square can't be turned into a circle, no matter how "high-tech" you are. Maybe they just enjoyed it and slided around Also they wanted to ascend.

36.And the bad thing about having a bigger crew is ? It CAN be manned by one person, that's all that matters. Rather it's the Asgard who are weak, for they only have 1 gray-arse to spare per ship. Not very helpful when you get boarded or when you need to apply physical repairs.

37.I don't think it's biased, since clearly a lot of people have expressed admiration at how it's even possible that the Ancients lost to the Wraith.

*Also do you think that the Wraith didn't adapt to Ancient tactics etc? Ofcourse they did.

*The Nox are not unexistant. They're very much alive.
    *The Asgard aren't all dead...The Vanir.
    *The Furlings- you can't really claim anything about them.
    *The Ancients- maybe there's a few more Auroras at 0.99c flying around xD

*Comparatively? Matter of interpretation. The Tau'ri are maggots compared to any of the other races and have only made it thi far, because they were given all the knowledge on a silver platter.

39.But the Wraith can beam people up from the ground or from other places (even inside buildings) and then get all the knowledge they need from them, via the Queen's telepathic abilities. You suggesting that no Ancient ever took a walk, that all of them were hiding in their ships lol?

40.The Ancients had reached the pinnacle in many areas and sat on it. I mean life isn't all about trying to figure out new technology all the time. Besides ascension > all their tech anyway.

Being too dependant on the technology, like the Asgard were, was their ultimate downfall. I mean look at their physical bodies...

Technology alone isn't what wins a war. The Ancients had other interests aswell and finally they reached the highest: ascension.

The Asgard relied on their tech and ended up comitting mass suicide...bleh

As a side note: your location: My throne in heaven? You feel the need to be right all the time much? xD Alright, alright, take it easy

Ancietns pwn though...srsly naw

Comment

You just love writing walls of tect to defend your percious Asgard
      That you feel the ancients are superior is no concern to me. What does concern me is the incredible ease with which you shove them aside.

Anyway it's pretty much a given that any discussion quickly increases in text size. Also, you don't quote me but i do quote you, making my text look much bigger than yours.

Comment

21.The Great Alliance... Well seems to me like the Ancients were the father figure, the Asgard were the sons, the Nox were the lone-wolf style, stealthy people, and who knows about the furlings
        [/QUOTE]

The show has E. Litlefield stating the the 4GR "exchanged knowledge and technology" there. If the Ancients were simply giving their lesser allies theirs, then it would state "where the Ancients GAVE their knowledge and their technology to the 3 other races." Nox not lone-wolf; they help others in need except militarily.
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Also, I wanna point out that the Ancients did have long-range teleportation. In either Quest or Crusade, SG-1/Ba'al used their transport obelisk to travel both inside the planet AND
          to travel thru the Stargate.

Am I pointing out advantages each side has? Yup. To be fair. I'm not accepting that either side possessed an absolute advantage over the other at least by the time the Asgard reached the broad pinnacle of their technological development, or a broad pinnacle.
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
            Also, I wanna point out that the Ancients did have long-range teleportation. In either Quest or Crusade, SG-1/Ba'al used their transport obelisk to travel both inside the planet AND
            to travel thru the Stargate.
            As i noted before this doesn't count: Everything Merlin made was after he was an ascended, and he therefore does not represent the ancients.

. I'm not accepting that either side possessed an absolute advantage over the other
            i fully agree here.

A few interesting notes here:

The Ancients had superior numbers? The only bloody reason they lost because of having less numbers...For an example, even if you have one Daedalus, when 100 bloody Ha'taks are bombarding it, then you're gonna loose.
            No they had full numerical superiority. Just check the hologram displaying the war: it goes from 1 red and dozens blue to the exact opposite: the ancients had full numerical superiority and gave it away.

3.I see your point and yes it's true, BUT if they reached that speed in 1 second , then that is a measurement of engine power. You seem to like to always bash all uncertain aspects about the Ancients and then boost the uncertain aspects of the Asgard...
            But that's engine speculation at it's best. I'm just pointing out you took that as a display of their power when it really is meaningless. Also, you keep ignoring rather crucial parts: "one second" was among the possible acceleration times i noted. And about the last thing: you do the exact opposite, so i just make note of the things you conveniently forget.

21.Who said that they didn't have ways of downloading that infromation into a hard drive and then "googling" what they needed? Why do you think they had to directly shove it all into their heads. I think even their heads would explode from the amount of knowledge left by the Ancients.
            Asgard Computer Core. Hook it up to a Repository and you have a device that can draw all ancient knowledge at will, and design anything on a need-to basis. They didn't, so it's obviously not a browseable database like the Atlantean one. It's essentially an infodump. Lastly; humans can absorb it just fine, they can't deal with the extra brain power. Asgard have all their knowledge in their brain too, so obviously they can deal with such amounts of knowledge just fine.

34.That was a plot driven piece of crap.
            you are very fond of using this excuse in stuff you can't talk right.
            Last edited by thekillman; 10 March 2013, 01:58 AM.

Comment

A little thing of interest worked out that you seem so fond of using:

13.I don't ignore anything, since a bigger drive does not = more speed necessarily.
              let's say we have a ship with 100 arbitrary speed units, and 100 abitrary energy units.

Let's assume the speedower ratio is 1:1.

I want to fire my weapons or keep my shields up in hyperspace. I need 5 units to power either, so i build a ship with 110 power generation and give it the same drive.

Yay, i can do stuff and have none of those weaknesses. But wait! i can fit a bigger drive.

The ship is now 110 speed, 110 power. Hey, at max speed i can't fire my weapons or use shields, just as the original speed. But if i slow down 10 units of speed, i can cause i have the 10 power i so desperately need.

Conclusion: there's no excuse to design your ships so, that the Hyperdrive at max speed consumes 100% available power.

Atlantis runs on batteries, which is a different story from a reactor. It can draw any amount of power it wants, it just changes the depletion time. Of course in the end it is inevitably tied to some system that DOES work like a reactor, you're just displacing the problem. Of course, if you apply my "use full power" rule to Atlantis i guess you do end up with a Wormhole drive.

oh and i just spotted a mistake you made:
              Being too dependant on the technology, like the Ancients were, was their ultimate downfall

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                That you feel the ancients are superior is no concern to me. What does concern me is the incredible ease with which you shove them aside.

Anyway it's pretty much a given that any discussion quickly increases in text size. Also, you don't quote me but i do quote you, making my text look much bigger than yours.
                I don't brush the Asgard aside, i'm just trying to show that whoever started this topic with the simplistic title: asgard > ancients, is not correct. I quite like some aspects about the Asgard and the are definetly a force to be reckoned with, but i don't think anyone could defeat the Ancients.

True about your posts being longer, because of the quatation though.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
                  21.The Great Alliance... Well seems to me like the Ancients were the father figure, the Asgard were the sons, the Nox were the lone-wolf style, stealthy people, and who knows about the furlings
                  The show has E. Litlefield stating the the 4GR "exchanged knowledge and technology" there. If the Ancients were simply giving their lesser allies theirs, then it would state "where the Ancients GAVE their knowledge and their technology to the 3 other races." Nox not lone-wolf; they help others in need except militarily.[/QUOTE]

Exchanging knowledge can also be this:

Ancients gave tons of knowledge/All the others gave a bit.

Comment

1. The numerical superiorit. Yes i know they had it in the beginning, but as was said, the Wraith got their hands on a ZPM and were able to start making millions of Wraith. Some dozens of ships on a map doesn't mean they had epic numerical superiority either. For an example they had 100 ships, each with a crew of 500, making it 50 000 people. The Wraith might have already had millions on just 1 planet.

2.Engine speculation yes, but so is what you're saying. You can't be sure it's meaningless. So what that you mentioned one second? It was just a part of your sentence, which's purpose it was to mock their engines.

3.How do you know that they didn't? Most of Asgard technology might be built based on the knowledge gained from that "infodump".

*HUmans can absorb it yes, but soon start to loose it, ending with death. How is death " fine " ? It would probably have a similar effect with the Asgard, it just might take longer. Besides i don't think that all Ancients held ALL the knowledge of the combined Ancients in their heads. That's what they had this device for.

4.What's there to talk about. It is a crappy plot mechanic.

5.About your example :Well that's exactly what the Asgard did, didn't they? At max speed it's 100% power. Although that's sort of BS also, because there's other systems like life-support aswell. So the hyperdrive never actually takes 100% of the power. Also here you make the mistake of assuming that the power to speed ratio is always 1:1 and that adding more power increases the speed by the same amount. The speed depends on the design of the drive too. A Ha'tak with a ZPM still wouldn't be as fast as a Daedalus with a ZPM.

6.Even the Wormhole drive doesn't use 100% power. And yes since it's on batteries, it's not really that the reactor's output is 100% and the drive uses that same amount, but rather, how many batteries did you bring.

7.I wrote Asgard, not Ancients. I know what you mean and i agree to a degree, but some of the ascended = no downfall

Cheers.

Comment

2.Engine speculation yes, but so is what you're saying. You can't be sure it's meaningless. So what that you mentioned one second? It was just a part of your sentence, which's purpose it was to mock their engines.
                      no not at all. You are completely misunderstanding what i meant there.

My point was that speed an sich is meaningless. you're saying they have great engines "because they can reach .99c" while in reality, speed in space is meaningless for engine performance.

3.How do you know that they didn't? Most of Asgard technology might be built based on the knowledge gained from that "infodump".
                      Oh i don't know. Maybe because they would've had ARG technology from the start? Especially since the asgard had been down that road and knew it was possible? There are dozens of instances where a quick question to this core would've solved major plot issues.

The Wraith might have already had millions on just 1 planet.
                      i never ever understood the whole point of Spoils of War. Of all the billions of wonderful things the wraith could do, they CLONE people? Even worse, why on earth use a ZPM for that? can't they land a Hive, transfer power by tether and wait a few years (they had 10 000 and some survived that long, so i bet they aren't as short-minded as Humans) then have this huge numerical superiority they craved. In a couple of years rather than apparently hours.

I don't even understand why anyone would need soldiers. They have ****ing organic ships. every function they ever need from a crew can be performed by the ship itself. Worse, on a planet soldiers are just pawns of whatever guns are in orbit. And stick whatever value you want to SG guns, An aurora has plenty, and regardless of how many soldiers you have, they simply can not shoot into orbit. cue a however fast you want humiliation.

Although that's sort of BS also, because there's other systems like life-support aswell.
                      That's jumping to conclusions. I would consider the power available to the hyperdrive roughly 99% of the ship's output. Or in other words: it's not really of consequence.

Also here you make the mistake of assuming that the power to speed ratio is always 1:1 and that adding more power increases the speed by the same amount.
                      It's not a mistake. also you said the same thing twice.

I am also not talking about advancing the drive. I'm talking about scaling it. and contrary to what the writers say and do, size DOES matter.

You are right about the ha'tak thing. In fact, i strongly doubt a ha'tak goes faster at ALL with a ZPM. It's mostly an asgard/ancients thing as i doubt we(humans) ever really properly powered either technologies. well maybe on a handful of occasions.

4.What's there to talk about. It is a crappy plot mechanic.
                      Carter: what about ascension.
                      (somebody, cant remember) they can't ascend, (insert crap).

I can apply the same to the Goa'uld, replicators, etc. Or maybe episodes like BAMSR. However, if we're gonna discuss stuff like this, it gets kind of pointless.

*HUmans can absorb it yes, but soon start to loose it, ending with death. How is death " fine "
                      exactly the way i said it: they can absorb and handle it fine. It appears to be the significantly increased brain power that kills. which isn't too strange considering the Brain is the highest priority organ in the body. Given that the asgard already carry around a huge amount of information in their head and are apparently "too smart to think dumb" i think it gives them all the credentials to actually survive such an event. But hey, since it apparenty needs the ATA gene the asgard couldn't use it.

(i also doubt an ATA gene would work in terms of a gene therapy for asgard: genes aren't exactly lego bricks and it could very well kill them, just as it might do nothing at all.)

Comment

1. You still don't get it... YES i know that you can gradually accelerate in space up to very high speeds, like your farting example. Obviously you can't have any debris in your way and a gravitational field would have an effect on you aswell, but yes. What i am suggesting is that they have the ability to accelerate nearly instantaneously to 99,9%c. How is that not an indicator of engine performance. It's wouldn't be an indicator of engine performance, if you would gradually accelerate up to that speed during a long time, but if they can be at Earth orbi one second, yet 1,2 secs later they're at the Moon, then it is.

2.ARG? Well then as you say it's a plot hole. Maybe the Core didn't function so easily or it did, but extracting the Ancient knowledge worked differently ( was much more complex).

3.Well maybe they had to react quick, since the Alterans were able to track their ZPM or they were hunting the Wraith. Might have been some last measure of defense.

*Well they need soldiers to:
                        1)fly the darts
                        2)perform maintenance on the ship and do repairs
                        3)cull people
                        4)bodyguards?
                        5)gather resources etc

4.That 99% is quite arbitrary to be honest.

5.Sometimes smaller is better.

6.What was this even about lol? (i should start quoting you lol)

7.For a short amount of time they can handle it "fine. Then they start to loose it. THen they die. Not a very optimal way of doing things.

Cheers.

Comment

What i am suggesting is that they have the ability to accelerate nearly instantaneously to 99,9%c. How is that not an indicator of engine performance.
                          never been shown so pure speculation.

*Well they need soldiers to:
                          1)fly the darts
                          2)perform maintenance on the ship and do repairs
                          3)cull people
                          4)bodyguards?
                          5)gather resources etc
                          1&3 are the same, #2 i adressed above. Also, i do not see how much resource gathering has to be done by people when their culling beam would do miracles.

4.That 99% is quite arbitrary to be honest.
                          A quick calculation:
                          A (goauld) shield can withstand two 1.2 GT nukes. Plasma weapons can bring those shields down. The problem with our ships was not powering those systems but powering the hyperdrive. This all points to the fact that the shields, weapons & hyperdrive are the most energy consuming systems on the ship. Hence, the majority of power would be available to the Hyperdrive.

5.Sometimes smaller is better
                          Sometimes bigger is better. Sometimes the best is inbetween. This is meaningless. On an equal technological level, bigger means more power. And if power is what you want (and in my example it IS what you want ) then it's better.

7.For a short amount of time they can handle it "fine. Then they start to loose it. THen they die. Not a very optimal way of doing things.
                          But there is nothing in the process itself that kills them. Hence if the human body could be boosted (say, using the ****load of information on advanced organisms we have gathered over the years) we could handle it better.

Oh yea forgot to say that: it's even more BS that the asgard can't ascend because Earth has access to a TON of information on ascension, gathered from pretty much every ascension episode ever. Including Anubis' very lab on ascension.

Comment

1.Your story about it taking years to accelerate to that, is also pure speculation.

2.One nad three are not the same. You need them to sometimes actually land and go in there on foot aswell. It has been shown several times. Also flying darts in space to defend the Hive from enemy ships is not the same as flying the darts to cull people.

*Those ships don't do everything by themselves and you need soldiers to counter an enemy boarding your Hive.

You can't just beam pure materials out of random ore and soil, now can you. There's other resources to be dealth with aswell.

3.Actually it doesn't seem to be a problem at all to power the hyperdrive, atleast not towards the end there. It seems like their shields are giving them much more trouble. Besides Atlantis needs a shield around it in hyperspace to keep the air in, since it doesn't have a hermetic hull. So no.

4.On an equal technological level, bigger does not mean more pwoer. If that would be true, then why didn't they just build ZPM's the size of a ship? So no.

5.Noone can handle it. There's also no need to. It's not like every single Ancient person held their entire collected knowledge in their heads at all times. That's what the device was used for.

*Maybe the Asgard didn't want to ascend. Maybe their bodies were'nt physically so evolved to ascend, well actually it's quite certain that they weren't. I mean look at them. Also they're degrading not evolving so yeah. Also there was a mental/spiritual component. Those guys weren't even able to percieve stuff, the way that the Tau'ri were, hence they needed Tau'ri's help.

Cheers.

Comment

*Those ships don't do everything by themselves and you need soldiers to counter an enemy boarding your Hive.
                              but..but. there's no reason they actually need a crew. and people boarding? that's what air locks are for. Hell, if you have an organic ship, you don't even NEED hallways.

You can't just beam pure materials out of random ore and soil, now can you.
                              i don't see why not. I'd think beaming a person up and down again is infinitely more complex than beaming up iron ore and beaming down iron and oxygen.

4.On an equal technological level, bigger does not mean more pwoer. If that would be true, then why didn't they just build ZPM's the size of a ship? So no.
                              that is about the worst example ever and completely neglects what makes a ZPM useful.
                              Yes bigger is ALWAYS more power. I can not think of one exception. Sure, power is not the only design variable. ZPMs are of use due to their small size. A really big ZPM would be indistinguishable from a ship reactor anyway.

Saying "why don't they make huge ZPMs" is like saying "why don't they make a smartphone the size of a house". the reason a smartphone is useful is due to it's size. And a house-sized smartphone usually is called a Supercomputer (Which is far more powerful than a Smartphone). Size = Power.

Those guys weren't even able to percieve stuff, the way that the Tau'ri were, hence they needed Tau'ri's help.
                              gah that's way too anthropocentric.

*Maybe the Asgard didn't want to ascend
                              Was mentioned in Unending as an option.

Also they're degrading not evolving so yeah.
                              they have NOTHING to do with eachother.

Maybe their bodies were'nt physically so evolved to ascend
                              We know of at least 2 devices that can ascend people. One is a dumb one-push device that might also kill you, the other is one that works in stages and has an actual DNA profile of a being that can ascend (anubis' device). I don't see how the asgard can not use this information.

Comment

1.They need a crew for the obvious reasons i stated in another post. Under boarding, i meant if you get boarded, as in an enemy has set foot upon your ship and you need to counter them.

2.Possibly yes, but the person is in one piece. Dunno how you could extract what you need from a rock lol.

3.It's a good example and no bigger is not better.

*If you claim that a ZPM is useful for it's small size rather then for it's enourmous power output then you are right/wrong. It's main function is it's power output. the size is just something that comes from how it works. You can't make atoms electrons bigger or smaller then what they are, hence some things don't need to be big.

*Also you contradict yourself by saying that bigger is better and then you go off to claim that a ZPM is useful, because it's small.

*Well is ZPMs are so powerful and if bigger is better then why didn't they make 1 meter tall ones, or 10 meter tall ones. I'm quite sure a 1meter ZPM is still a s**tload smaller then a Neutrino Ion Generator. Besides the Aurora class is one of the biggest ships in SG, so they could have easily fitted them.

*Besides if a ZPM gets more powerful by adding mere size, then why not just build bloody ZPMs that are 1 km long and make ships that are 100 km long and pwn the crap out of everything with one ship lol?

4.Size does not equal power. You're not talking about electrical or energetical POWER, when you say that a supercomputer is more powerful then a smartphone. This is computing and processing power, not ENERGY.

Besides building things bigger, bring in other systems aswell, that then have to be scaled. Like if you build a pc processor the size of a Pc casing/box, then you have to have one giant ass ventilation fan over it aswell.

5.Was mentioned, but never pursued.

6.Yeah it does, physical degradation gives way to other forms of degradation aswell. Besides I'd rather have my capable physical human body, then have more facts memorized and have a ****ty body.

7.Those devices have a pretty big fail ratio and even then some effort is required from the participant. Anyways they didn't use it (probably weren't able to anyway) and comitted mass suicide.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X