Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daedalus firepower (cira Atlantis Season 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus firepower (cira Atlantis Season 3)

I was watching No Man's Land recently. I counted 20 missiles launched at the Hive ship in the beginning of the battle (this was their entire complement). I also discerned either 6 or 10 rail guns projectile streaks - probably 6 - firing at the hive when Cadwell ordered all the batteries to open fire. Is this the maximum armament of the Daedalus around this time? Did it change at all in the last year?

Not sure, but it would have made no difference. Railguns are impotent against capital ships. If not for the fighter bay scenario, the Daedalus would have been destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You View Post
      I was watching No Man's Land recently. I counted 20 missiles launched at the Hive ship in the beginning of the battle (this was their entire complement). I also discerned either 6 or 10 rail guns projectile streaks - probably 6 - firing at the hive when Cadwell ordered all the batteries to open fire. Is this the maximum armament of the Daedalus around this time? Did it change at all in the last year?
      It would probably be superior to 10 railgun emplacements (there are quite a lot on the edge of the bridge platform alone - check high res shots of Siege Part III) but the firing arcs prevent most of them from being fired at the same time.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        Not sure, but it would have made no difference. Railguns are impotent against capital ships. If not for the fighter bay scenario, the Daedalus would have been destroyed.
        Railguns do work, just not as well as energy weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          It would probably be superior to 10 railgun emplacements (there are quite a lot on the edge of the bridge platform alone - check high res shots of Siege Part III) but the firing arcs prevent most of them from being fired at the same time.
          Thanks. Got any links to some high-res shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You View Post
            Thanks. Got any links to some high-res shots?
            The SciFi World have some of them, or check out stargatecaps.com.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              The SciFi World have some of them, or check out stargatecaps.com.
              i find stargatecaps best.

Comment

Working...
              X