This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    Then why couldn't you put someone in a beam buffer with Asgard beams? Wouldn't that have the same effect and be safe?
    Same as doing it with the wraith beaming technology, but they suffered memory loss, however i doubt they would suffer memory loss with properly working technology of the Asgard.
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

The asgard can store minds in their computer systems so they could be able to do the same with a physical object.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

This could be useful for injured people (the wraith beamer in the episode on the moon couldn't reintegrate that guy because he was too badly injured) - In the episode where the jumper got stuck in the gate they pulled Sheppard through the event horizon so he would be in stasis until they reintegrated at the other side.

Comment

it can be dangerous, and we dont know how fast the energy signature is forwarded to the next gate. best would be to make a small gate network of gates severed from the normal gate network, and have a macro dial a gate in it, then the next one, and keep it circulation. then make sure you have some kind of entry gate from wich you can enter this smaller gate network

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            Then why couldn't you put someone in a beam buffer with Asgard beams? Wouldn't that have the same effect and be safe?
            Because apparently, it requires continuous power to keep someone in there in transporter systems it seems that and would be a waist of power, the gate has a way to do with with little/no power.

And in regards to the sarcophagus, that could work but even that has a limit (700 years for a human and about 6000 or so for a Goa'uld) so it's not viable for long term stasis. Unless you're talking about keeping someone in a sarcophagus all the time, then I don't know, that might work since it heals the body when it's in one.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              it can be dangerous, and we dont know how fast the energy signature is forwarded to the next gate. best would be to make a small gate network of gates severed from the normal gate network, and have a macro dial a gate in it, then the next one, and keep it circulation. then make sure you have some kind of entry gate from wich you can enter this smaller gate network
              You wouldn't have to separate out the gates, so long as the gate's were in places which no-one else knew about. I.e take two spacegates and put each gate orbiting a sun of a completely uninhabited solar system with no previous gate. Then have those two gates as the list of gates to be visited by the program. And have your home gate as the permanent final address... I mean you should even be able to store the energy signature of an iris code if you wanted to transmit that just before the person in stasis.

I know that there are more effective means of keeping someone in stasis, it was just an interesting idea that I had for those civilisations without access to the variety of stasis technology that the Tau'ri does.

Comment

The ultimate stasis method seems to be the type shown in The Ark. I'm surprised in exchange for saving the thousand people in that episode that they didn't get the unit for later study. Woulda been a fair trade.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                  The ultimate stasis method seems to be the type shown in The Ark. I'm surprised in exchange for saving the thousand people in that episode that they didn't get the unit for later study. Woulda been a fair trade.
                  Thats sort of what i meant when i said about the asgard mind storage being able to also store bodies.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

From the episode 48 hours, if Carter was right and the gate stores information based on a permanent impression on its memory crystals, than the gate would be a wonderful stasis method. However if McKay was right this would be unwise.

Comment

Working...
                    X