Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Atlantis......Are they elevators or not?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Atlantis......Are they elevators or not?

On the lovely city of Atlantis

Are those things they go into elevators or mini transporters that zap
    them around the city?

I hope the latter. I'd hate to think they copied the idea of those
    stupid mag-lev lifts on Star Trek...
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Mini transporters that work like rings. You step in, click a point in the city on a little screen and it beams you there, and anything in the other broom closet gets zapped to where you just were.

Second episode of the show established this. Hide and Seek, I think.

Comment

that it did.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

actually just to clear something up. in hide and seek, when one of the characters said 'it's an elevator too' they only meant in the way that they only change levels rather than take you to an entirely different place.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          actually just to clear something up. in hide and seek, when one of the characters said 'it's an elevator too' they only meant in the way that they only change levels rather than take you to an entirely different place.

Ah, so that's the episode I need to get hold of ....

Have not seen every single Atlantis episode... Am thinking of getting
          the DVDs
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

T'was confirmed in Hide n Seek, as well as The Storm/The Eye (McKay saying a "brisk walk" when he meant a "brisk run" - To Sheppy)

BUT IF they were elevators however, I wonder what 'elevator music' they'd have

Comment

These ancient transporters need biofilters, so that a contaminated ancient/human could beam point to point and not carry contagions with them everywhere. :|

Comment

Or at least the kind of sensors that the rest of Atlantis has. I mean as soon as he transported the whole city locked down.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Well they started calling them "transporters" in Season 4.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Maybe floor to floor it's an elevator, but section to section it's not? It's kinda odd though.... Ancient tech is supposed to be rather convenient (mind reading Puddle Jumpers and such), so the transporters would have been a better way to go about things...

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                      These ancient transporters need biofilters, so that a contaminated ancient/human could beam point to point and not carry contagions with them everywhere. :|
                      For the ultimate example of just how badly transporters need biofilters, read The Armageddon Inheritance. Great job guys, way to wipe out a whole stellar civilization

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        Good idea, I'll write Sam a note so she can get right on it.

Comment

Good show, ol chap.

Comment

Working...
                          X