Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would say it would be good to have 50 cals in the atlantis embarcation room but to be honest it would look really out of place. i only say it cos it would make good sense in real life....but hay this is sci-fi....NOTHING HAS TO MAKE SENSE!!!!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tauriprivatesoldier View Post
      SGC has greater variety of weaponary coz if they need weaponary, they just requisition from DOD logistics agency with a top-priority rating from the joint chiefs.

Atlantis expedition is working out of a budget from the IOA. They've got to purchase straight from the weapons manufacturers, after purchasing all that scientific equipment, there is not much change left. Besides, its cheaper if u buy in bulk
      Not only that, but Atlantis is in another galaxy, so supply is a bit of a problem (not that it prevents them from bringing golf clubs from Earth or anything).

What I wondered about is why they haven't looted Sateda for weapons to increase their arsenal. In the "Sateda" episode, Ronon was easily finding working and loaded guns and grenades just lying on the ground waiting to be picked up. The Atlantis team could either keep them as backup, use them to arm the civilians in case of emergency or even trade them to primitive civilizations for food and whatever.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

again it's one of those things that would make sense (i.e. nicking off with unused weapons other than the wraith stunners) but for the interests of a tv show it would be a bit crap.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I would like to see the teams in SGA use weapons that are used by other nations. We know there are troops from different countries in the city it makes sense that they would be given standard issue weapons that they have trained with.
          "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith View Post
            I would like to see the teams in SGA use weapons that are used by other nations. We know there are troops from different countries in the city it makes sense that they would be given standard issue weapons that they have trained with.
            It would have unnecessarily complicated the logistics.

Just as an example, suppose you have five international units on Atlantis, each armed with what is standard issue back at home. You have US marines with P-90s (okay, that isn't standard issue for normal marines, but on Atlantis they carry P90s), a Russian team with AK74M, A Chinese team with Type 95, Australians with their Steyrs and Dr. Zelenka's countrymen with Vz58 rifles. To supply them all, you need ammunition in five different calibers and spare parts for five different rifle types, not to mention that three of the rifles can't take NATO-standard scopes and other add-ons. No two teams can share ammo or spare parts; if an Aussie soldier runs out of ammo in the midst of battle, his Czech buddy won't be able to just toss him one of his spare mags. If you run out of one type of ammo, you have a whole team out of action for no good reason other than faulty logistics. Nope, standardized equipment makes much more sense.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I kind of think that if it aint broke don't fix it. If their standard weapon loads work for now then why adjust them? Although I would think that they would have a store of anti replicater weapons. Maybe even have their ships outfitted with the new planetwide systems when area 51 finishes them.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                never noticed that... what did they use b4 p-90's? (as like their main machine gun that they carried)
                MP5 A5

Comment

Working...
                X