Pegasus gates vs Milky Way gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
    Actually the Milky Way gates spin if you remember and then each Cheveron locks. The Milky Way gates have a spinning inside ring, The pegasus ones don't
    not on offworld gates they don't, they lock as soon as you press the button. The inner spinning ring is a back up incase a DHD doesn't work, for a manual dial. 90% of episodes you'll see as soon as they have pressed the button the chevron locks, there's only the occasional episode you hear the spinning and that's likely just a mistake as they don't spin most of the time.

Comment

Here is a question:
      What happens if you make a typo on the DHD.

Comment

Then the gate won't activate. There are billions of combinations but only thousands of actual addresses. Carter said that one could try combinations for months and never even get one real address entered (Stated in "Past and Present"), she also tried herself many permutations when the show first started, the whole "My team tried hundreds of permutations using Earth as the point of origin but we never got it to work!".

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
          Here's the timeline:

Millenea ago: Ori galaxy
          100-50 million years ago: Milky Way Galaxy
          50 million years ago to 10000 years ago: Pegasus Galaxy
          10000 years ago: Back to Milky Way and then died off

AGT58
          Wrong:

50+ million years ago: Orii Galaxy.
          50- million years ago: Milky Way Galaxy.
          10-5 million years ago: Pegasus Galaxy.
          15,000-10,000 years ago: 100 year Wraith war, and return to Milky Way Galaxy.

I believe the Great Alliance began while the Ancients were in Pegasus, died a few thousand years before the Wraith War. And was restored temporarily again briefly before the Ancients ascended.

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
          Then the gate won't activate. There are billions of combinations but only thousands of actual addresses. Carter said that one could try combinations for months and never even get one real address entered (Stated in "Past and Present"), she also tried herself many permutations when the show first started, the whole "My team tried hundreds of permutations using Earth as the point of origin but we never got it to work!".

AGT58
          I mean how would they fix it.

It would suck:
          You are getting chased by a hundred Jaffa, you hit the 5th symbol on the DHD, you almost have it... OH CRAP! you hit the wrong 6th symbol.
          There is no backspace button.

Comment

I think the DHD resets itself if pushing the big red button does nothing. I remember seeing either Danny or Sam dialing again and again to get a lock but nothing happening each time.

Comment

As long as there's a DHD, both gates take the same amount of time to activate.

Comment

milky way gates dial faster, i just saw inferno and when rodney dial you can hear than the gate activate a seconds after he end
                Patito

Comment

I don't know now....I still think its the PG gates
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                    I don't know now....I still think its the PG gates
                    watch a pegasus gate dialing, the light has to spin all the way round the gate til it gets to it's chevron and locks, the milkyway chevrons lock the moment you push the button, the milkway offworld gates are definately faster.

Comment

Well personnal...I change my mind, I think they spin the same spead - none are faster then the other
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:
                      Forum Charmer
                      Forum Ambassador
                      Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Even though the PG gate has to "spin" when using a DHD, this happens pretty quickly. I think for the average person's dialing speed the PG gates dial just as quickly. Look at when they dial from a PJ for instance.

Maybe if you were using the DHD equipped with it's equivalent of a Dvorak keyboard you might run into a limit on the dialing speed.

Comment

this entire thread is retarded. Why? Because only the Earth one is the slowest due to no DHD at all (which requires manual dial) yet the offworld ones require no spinning, it only goes as fast as you can input the symbols. In Atlantis, the dialing is faster (because of the keypad), and activates just as fast as any other offworld gate. Case in point? The puddlejumpers. All they do is type the address in on the pad mounted inside the ship which is, by the way, faster than dialing on a planetary DHD.

So when it comes to speed, Pegasus > Milky Way, but only if they're dialing from Atlantis or the Jumpers. Regular DHD vs each other are still the same, and the Earth makeshift DHD is still the slowest one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudeljaeger View Post
                            The Ancients were in Pegasus before they came to Mily Way, so the Pegasus ones are older. But the Ancients lost nearly all technology when they came to "our" Galaxy, and had to rebuild and construct everything new.

And the Milky Way gates do not have to spin, this is just an alternative way of dialing when you have no DHD. Look when they dial on other gates with an DHD, nothing spins there.
                            Perhaps you should really watch the shows detailed enough before you make such conclusions. What you are saying is not true ! The Ancients came from their galaxy to the Milky Way Galaxy. After that they took Atlantis to the Pegasus Galaxy ! But because of the unending war with the Wraith they left Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy and went through the gate back to Earth.
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

off world gates- MW gates
                              Earth gate vs. PG gate- PG Gate

But the Earth gate dosent really have a DHD it just has a computer that runs the spin. which PG gates are useless without a real DHD.

So MW gates are the faster then PG gate
                              Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                              Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                              new enemy of the Ori
                              At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

I think they are the same speed in both galaxies as they both use DHD.

The exception being that the earth gate is slower due to having a computer having to dial and the Altlantis one being faster then all other gates, as it was the Ancient's main gate and has a special non - DHD dialing device which the Ancients probably made in order to make the gate dial faster.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:
                                Forum Charmer
                                Forum Ambassador
                                Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Working...
                                X