Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have Atlantis's Ring transporters gone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because of the architecture issue, rings do not belong in atlantis.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Heres a little twist to add to this conversation... In Avalon Pt. 1, SG-1 Gets into Avalon via Rings. When was Avalon supposedly built? 1500's? This suggests that the Ancients still built Rings when they returned from Pegasus, since they were compatible. Or They improved them when they returned?
      Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
      http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Hmm, never seen Avalon but your theory certainly backs mine up!

YES RINGS WERE IN THE OUTPOST WHEN SG-1 WENT THERE. LOOK AGAIN AT HOW THE GUARDS OF ANUBIS BEAM IN - THE RINGS RETURN TO THE FLOOR. I'm sick of having to prove this point lol.

-T

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Um, we know they used rings, but Atlantis didn't need rings anymore, the beaming stations were far better than the rings.

Why did Merlin install rings in Avalon? I suppose because they are easier to hide and/or build.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
            Um, we know they used rings, but Atlantis didn't need rings anymore, the beaming stations were far better than the rings.

Why did Merlin install rings in Avalon? I suppose because they are easier to hide and/or build.
            Not seen Avalon so could you tell me what it actually is? - Is it the sister ship of Atlantis or what?

-T

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Ok here is what I think is the answer to this whole question. The ancients had already planted the rings throughout the MW. When they got to Pegasus they would have to start the task over again. But by than they probably had a more effect means of transport so the rings were no longer necessary. Atlantis is sure to have rings but they are of no use in Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
                Not seen Avalon so could you tell me what it actually is? - Is it the sister ship of Atlantis or what?

-T
                Avalon is an underground cavern somewhere in Great Britain (I think below Stonhenge or something).

Sg1 used rings to get down there, and it contained medieval age stuff of Merlin's.

Comment

I agree with some of the previous posters. Atlantis probably had rings at some time in the past, but in the ensuing millions of years since it left our galaxy, the city has probably been rebuilt several times. The rings were probably removed during one of these renovations. (There is no way the city much resembles what it did when it left earth all those years ago, NOTHING, Ancient or not, will stay even remotely the same over millions of years if it is inhabited by people)

Comment

Rings are old. The Ori planet from "Origin" had freaking rings. It's a technology that predates the Ori/Ancient split, from the look of it. Stands to reason they'd come up with something better EVENTUALLY.

And the Antarctica outpost has rings. Daniel says as much (something to the extent of "Makes sense, the Ancients built the Stargates so there must be a set of rings down there they just couldn't penetrate a mile of ice") and you can see the rings retract into the floor when the team beams down. Also, if there weren't rings down there how the heck did Anubis beam Kull warriors down THROUGH the Promtheus? Yeah he has knowledge of Asgard beaming, but it was a ring sound effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
                      I agree with some of the previous posters. Atlantis probably had rings at some time in the past, but in the ensuing millions of years since it left our galaxy, the city has probably been rebuilt several times. The rings were probably removed during one of these renovations. (There is no way the city much resembles what it did when it left earth all those years ago, NOTHING, Ancient or not, will stay even remotely the same over millions of years if it is inhabited by people)
                      well... when the ancients landed on the planet... the water was purple and land took up 70% of the continent... so maybe the city itself is unchanged but the environment is lol.... IM KIDDING about the purple water n land crap... but it could of been lol

Merlin probably used Janus's time ship inorder to see the future(aka realize the orii threat) and knew that we heavily used the Rings, and probably used them in Avalon
                      Spoiler:
                      underground cavern used to test will of knights
                      or perhaps, his barrier could only be broken by the Rings... remember they tried to beam...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I just watched the lost city part 2 and guess what the rings rose from the ground and if atlantis did have rings the daedalus could most likely lock onto them.
                        War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

the ancients upgraded, the transport station, and clearly they have beaming technology from avalon pt.2 where all the loot beams in.

Comment

Originally posted by spiff
                            the ancients upgraded, the transport station, and clearly they have beaming technology from avalon pt.2 where all the loot beams in.
                            if i remember correctly, then all the loot was phase shifted in, not beamed in (same with merlins device in later episode - the one that phase shifted daniel and carter(??) and had information about merlins weapon)...
                            "Small Victories"
                            Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulfur.

"Prisoners"
                            O'Neill: And this just came to you?
                            Daniel: No, it came to me while I was suffocating.

Comment

Maybe they designed ring transporters after they arrived in the Milky Way. That would explain why we have yet to see any ring transporters anywhere in the Pegasus.

Yes I know the Goauld Re'd the tech and used them everywhere, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by pyr0
                                if i remember correctly, then all the loot was phase shifted in, not beamed in (same with merlins device in later episode - the one that phase shifted daniel and carter(??) and had information about merlins weapon)...
                                Sorry, i missed a good chunk of season 9 and I have just started to dl what episodes I missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X