• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
    ah, that was that disturbance in the shield
    Yup.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
      That was a Goa'uld shield. Goa'uld and Ancient shields are completely different.
      Goa'uld technology is based on mostly ancient technology (with some other conquered races thrown in). Where in the show does it say they operate completely differently? I know it dosen't say either way, but I wasn't the one making definative statements.

Comment

Originally posted by OriWillKillUsAll
        Goa'uld technology is based on mostly ancient technology (with some other conquered races thrown in). Where in the show does it say they operate completely differently? I know it dosen't say either way, but I wasn't the one making definative statements.
        I think they operate completely differently because one race is 50 million years older than the other. Just a hunch I have.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

so if anubis did get hold of some ancient knowledge
          that would mean he would of created some sort of sheild like in atlantis
          sigpic

Comment

Didn't the supersoldiers go through the shield because it was on a certain frequency, or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
              Didn't the supersoldiers go through the shield because it was on a certain frequency, or something?
              No, it's because the super soldier armor is impervious to energy weapons and energy itself. With the exception of kinetic energy.

Best Stargate quote:
              Green is your friend.

Comment

No, it's because the super soldier armor is impervious to energy weapons and energy itself. With the exception of kinetic energy.
                If true, it would be a good thing to mention in the iris vs. atlantis sheild thread. Which episode was it that Jacob Carter wore the kull suit? I'd really like to load up the DVD and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by OriWillKillUsAll
                  If true, it would be a good thing to mention in the iris vs. atlantis sheild thread. Which episode was it that Jacob Carter wore the kull suit? I'd really like to load up the DVD and check it out.
                  Evolution 1 or 2.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

I doubt Kull warriors could get through Atlantis' gate shield, as the Atlantis shield acts like an iris and stops matter from reintegrating, so the kull warior would just get blocked and splattered like anything else.

Anubis' gate shield was several inches away from the event horizon, so that the kull warrior armour could reintegrate first before passing through the shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                      I doubt Kull warriors could get through Atlantis' gate shield, as the Atlantis shield acts like an iris and stops matter from reintegrating, so the kull warior would just get blocked and splattered like anything else.

Anubis' gate shield was several inches away from the event horizon, so that the kull warrior armour could reintegrate first before passing through the shield.
                      It would be reasonable to assume that the PJ could pass through the gate shield though right. I mean, they did it in rising with the cityshield. This way they wouldn't have to pull so many rising 2 stunts.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

It would be reasonable to assume that the PJ could pass through the gate shield though right. I mean, they did it in rising with the cityshield. This way they wouldn't have to pull so many rising 2 stunts.
                        Well I think the PJ would get splatted too, since it's armour can't physically reintegrate before it hits the shield. Also, the PJ shields don't absorb energy weapon blasts like the kull armour. It might be that they have the ability to fly through shields, or just shields with a certain frequency, but I doubt they'd be able to fly through the gate shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                          Well I think the PJ would get splatted too, since it's armour can't physically reintegrate before it hits the shield. Also, the PJ shields don't absorb energy weapon blasts like the kull armour. It might be that they have the ability to fly through shields, or just shields with a certain frequency, but I doubt they'd be able to fly through the gate shield.
                          Yeah, something gives me the feeling that nobody would be too eager to test that theory.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Thats a good question and what happened to all of the kull warriors because I dont remember sg1 killing them unless they died when jack released all those ancient flying things that killed anubis.

Comment

Originally posted by plaw15
                              Thats a good question and what happened to all of the kull warriors because I dont remember sg1 killing them unless they died when jack released all those ancient flying things that killed anubis.
                              They probably died off because of their symbiote not being able to sustain them.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

they all died from reckoning pt2 when anubis asended by oma and the jaffa said it was easy to kill the rest of the kull warriors after didnt know what happened to their master.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X