This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother
    Dude, just look at where the sublight drives are on the two.
    Do you have other screen caps? It's kind of dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
      I dont think you know what your saying.
      Okay.

Comment

They dont have the wing-like things at the back, the engines are totally different and the body shape is different. It'd be like saying the Deddy and the Prommie look the same man.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
        Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
        the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
        Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by randy
          Thanks for posting. I still can't find a significant difference, other than a wider frame in the front of the hive ship, which would becomes negligible once you shrunk the ship to the size of a cruiser. I'm not debating whether or not they look exactly the same (which they don't), but the differences become somewhat negated once you put them into equal dimensions; and to add to that, the angle, distance which the show puts them in.

Here's a schematic of a hive. Just so you know, the cruisers can attach to hives. One each on those arm looking things and another at the front of the ship. I suspect they attach using those spikey looking things.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Kudos, do you have a clear shot of a cruiser?

Comment

Originally posted by randy
              Kudos, do you have a clear shot of a cruiser?

Those three things above the Daedalus are cruisers.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

And they look very little like Hives.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Thanks for posting the screen caps of the cruisers. As I explained before, while I agree there are differences in construction - for instance, the broad aspect of the anterior of a hive ship, and the placement of the sublight engines (or hyperdrive) - the majority of the ships' design is similar, in my point of view.

I wonder, freyr's mother, could you post a screen cap of the wave of cruisers the Daedalus attacked in season 2 premiere? Or were they hive ships? Thanks.

Comment

Here are a few more pics of Cruisers from condemned.

Close-up of the front of the cruiser as the drone hits it.

I had a hard time finding many really CLEAR pics from The Siege Pt 3, but here's a few:

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
                      Why dont they just send the Daedalus/Orion/Puddle Jumpers to help the invading Ori? I'm sure if any ship can give the Ori a run for their money, it's the Orion.
                      good point like the others has said they wont risk it over 60 hives are in the pegasis and if they do decide to show up there gonna need as much help as they can although Atlantis drones have been replunged dosnt mean they can kill all the hives as 9x hives would of destroyed the sheild within days so they need them
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_5rq5DiN6o/[Ori Trailer]
                      http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3435/myaniqy9.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X