Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Sg1 change it's wormhole effects to match Atlantis's?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blitz
    it doesnt need to be explained,
    What? Errr...yes it does. Hence the Answering to the Question.

Q.You could ask: Why did the Alterans move to Pegasus?
    A. Because TPTB wrote it in the script.

^That is not an answer, "Because they were being ravaged by the plague in the Milky way" is the correct answer.

You have to look behind the show realism, not "oh, TPTB decided for a change." Both answers are correct though, just different explainations: The factual One & the Show-Fictional One.

Comment

Well then why wasn't the gate updated when the Atlanteans came back to Earth 10,000 years ago?
      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Actually the stargate had personalisation options and SGC decided to update all MW galaxy gates to follow Atlantis effects coz they had 8 years of the same stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
          Well then why wasn't the gate updated when the Atlanteans came back to Earth 10,000 years ago?
          Yep! Totally agree 100%. If that was the case, then it'd have happened all that time ago. It's the same that they have the ships exiting HS are different as well. The 304's have a different look that the 303 etc, overall Pegasus had a different compared to SG-1. Now they seem to be going that way as well.

Realistically, the main reason is that the VFX software has advanced much more compared to when the gate effect was originally created all those years ago. Technically there should be no change in any of the effects relating to the gate. Hyperdrives could be explained, simply by saying that Prometheus originally had Asgard designed drives, whereas now, they have proper ones etc. Then to take it a step further, 30'000 years ago, the Asgard didn't have good travel abilities etc, so it's logical to assume that they probably got a hold of Ancient tech, or the database. Then took schematics from it to improve their ships. In the past 10,000 years, they have overtaken the Ancients in the hyperdive department, simply because they aren't around anymore to make changes to their tech, Whilst the Asgard are.

However, the main reason to me, is that they simply felt it was time for a change & it looks cooler to. I seriously doubt that this will ever be addressed on show, it'll be added to the whole storeroom of unexplained phenomena over the Bridge Studios.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
            Cos Atlantis & The gate was shut down then?

I see I am battling on the loosing side, so I will go down but take you all with me by saying: Magnets, Big Honkin' Space Mangets!

Comment

You are just suffering from a form of gate scizophenia caused by going through the gate to many times, nothing has changed, you are just seeing things!
              Really though, it is just some thing new to help keep your attention and to show you that the show is continuing to develop and advance, not just the same stupid thing over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                Cos Atlantis & The gate was shut down then?

I see I am battling on the loosing side, so I will go down but take you all with me by saying: Magnets, Big Honkin' Space Mangets!
                Technically that's not true. They had to use the Atlantis gate to get to Earth via the Antartic gate. Therefore both had to be open for them to dial up & get back through. It was only after they had gone through did the Atlantis gate go into lockdown. Except that Earth was still able to dial in if it wanted.

Comment

new series new wormhole , made it match to make the shows uniform

Comment

Originally posted by Ludofjn
                    new series new wormhole , made it match to make the shows uniform
                    there is also the correlative updates where gates dial each other to update info the sgc gate could have changed to the atlantis effect the moment they dialed atlantis and once atlantis got a zpm there was the weekly status report being sent to earth so even if the wormhole wasn't updated upon first dialing atlantis it could have happened whenever they dialed earth to send whatever information they wanted to send.

Comment

I’d like to think that the Atlantis expedition gave the SG-1 some info from the Atlantis data base that allowed them to upgrade their dialing computer making it much more efficient and error free thus giving the worm hole a different and more stable look. This is just how I explain it to myself in order to not be so worried over it.

Comment

Id say its pretty just the same as the way the gate changed between the movie and the first episode of SG1...new ppl come in and change things!

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                        Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                        the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                        Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Working...
                        X