Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Atlanteans gave the Wraith the advantage in war!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all of this has been gone over and churned up before, search people, search.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
      The hologram says that they had never before met someone who's technology rivaled their own. Now unless the Atlanteans took the city of Atlantis and explored other galaxies for years on end I don't see how the Wraith could have developed such an advanced level of technology and in such abundance that the Atlanteans couldn't immediately squelch the wraith problem. Of course I've been known to be wrong from time to time.
      We don't know exactly the origine of the Wraith. The Irratus bug is surely their prehistoric ancestor, but there are a lot of things we still don't know. Idem for their technology: how have they acquired a technology technically so close to the Ancient one (because of the mix between Wraith dart technology and Ancient gate technology in "Duet") but which look so different. But it is sure Wraith technology comes from Ancient one because Wraith writing ( http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13522 ) is a derivate of Ancient alphabet.

And don't take the message of the hologram seriously, they wouldn't have said:" We Ancients, the most advance civilisation of the known universe, were defeated by a ennemi we have created and who have used our technology against us".
      Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

true but it is still true that it has been specificaly stated that the wraith evolved from the iratius bug because after the ancients put humans on their planet and they fed off of them they found the human phisiology superior to their own and started to evolve into more humanlike beings...this is where the wraith came from and whoever said it WHY isnt it possible the ancients left things for such a long time they arent the most interactive speciese are they???
        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

well it's not like there knew that the wraith where there so there just planted these people so really it's not the ancents fault yes there are the one who doomed themselves but there where doing what there always did seed a new planet and move on
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

can i just add it dont think the ancient could give anyone an advanctage in war, lets face it they suck at war, they lost to the WRAITH! ok they were outnumbered but man they sucked at war, for the most advanced race ever they sure musta been lucky!
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

the Wraith had the right idea on attacking the Ancients, keep attacking and don't stop for anything
              "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

I think the bug and then the wraith fed on Ancients as well and that hastened their development and gave them knowledge. The Ancients had different abilities through their acention-studies and that could have transferred...
                S.T.A.K.S. if you think kirking stinks...

Jackson: Earth minutes?
                Mitchell: Yeah, I've always wanted to say that.
                Vala: Well, now you have.

Image hosted by RandomImage.net

Member of Ben Hiney Club, Happy Trails Club and The Amazing Arm Appreciation Association Dex's Devil

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  can i just add it dont think the ancient could give anyone an advanctage in war, lets face it they suck at war, they lost to the WRAITH! ok they were outnumbered but man they sucked at war, for the most advanced race ever they sure musta been lucky!
                  The Ancients dont suck at war ther ejust peaceful by nature so its natural theyed find themselves at a disadvantage in a war.

Comment

They were inexperienced in war and believed more in diplomacy and peace then fighting. They were after all a race of scientists, essentially they were like super advanced Tollans almost though abit more aggressive (just a tiny bit)

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Still I find it hard to believe.. How did the Altereans let the Wraith get so far technologically advanced?

We know that the Altereans technology is far better that of the Wraith. Could'nt they build a nice warship, load it with ZPM's and send it to the Wraith homeworld(s) to blow it up? Or else the place where they build their ships?

Comment

The Wraith so far have not demonstrated any location as a home world, they have so far shown a nomadic existance. I mean we have not seen a single sign of a planetary structure (well one but that was a hidden research facility) and so far most of their needs seem to be fulfilled by the Hiveship. As to how the Wraith evolved so quickly well heres hoping the current season reveals more.

Also using things as ZPMs in such a manner can be construed as weapons of mass destruction and something the Atlanteans would never do. While desperate times calls for desperate measures the Atlanteans had not reached that level yet in their war with the Wraith.

Not only that but to me it looks like ZPMs are difficult to manufacture and to waste them in such a tactic is something an advanced civilisation would not do. Point of comparison; say the Tollan Ion Cannons can do a lot of damage when put on overload, would the Tollans do this? No, because they see the true usage of an ion cannon better.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                          The hologram says that they had never before met someone who's technology rivaled their own. Now unless the Atlanteans took the city of Atlantis and explored other galaxies for years on end I don't see how the Wraith could have developed such an advanced level of technology and in such abundance that the Atlanteans couldn't immediately squelch the wraith problem. Of course I've been known to be wrong from time to time.
                          Maybe the atlantians forgot to bring raid with them when they went to the pegasus galaxy.
                          Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                            The Wraith so far have not demonstrated any location as a home world, they have so far shown a nomadic existance. I mean we have not seen a single sign of a planetary structure (well one but that was a hidden research facility) and so far most of their needs seem to be fulfilled by the Hiveship. As to how the Wraith evolved so quickly well heres hoping the current season reveals more.

Also using things as ZPMs in such a manner can be construed as weapons of mass destruction and something the Atlanteans would never do. While desperate times calls for desperate measures the Atlanteans had not reached that level yet in their war with the Wraith.

Not only that but to me it looks like ZPMs are difficult to manufacture and to waste them in such a tactic is something an advanced civilisation would not do. Point of comparison; say the Tollan Ion Cannons can do a lot of damage when put on overload, would the Tollans do this? No, because they see the true usage of an ion cannon better.
                            They were in war with the Wraith for over 100 years and the Wraith attacked a lot of human worlds. Sure they didn't like fighting but at that point you just have to. It is know they built warships, why not use it to stop the Wraith building anymore ships?

Comment

Originally posted by dutchmega
                              They were in war with the Wraith for over 100 years and the Wraith attacked a lot of human worlds. Sure they didn't like fighting but at that point you just have to. It is know they built warships, why not use it to stop the Wraith building anymore ships?
                              Because they were more defensive minded in the war and from whats seen it shown that they only had a few ships to spare. So they used these vessels to protect their own positions and automated defenses (like the defense satelite) to protect key locations. The Wraith have demonstrated to have large numbers so its possible they controlled a majority of territory (possible could be wrong though) so abit difficult to hit something like that. I mean you could hit one shipyard but its possible they had many more to keep the pressure on the atlanteans.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
                                Maybe the atlantians forgot to bring raid with them when they went to the pegasus galaxy.
                                lol but the best way to deal with bugs and other latch-on-you things is a shotgun. For proof, read Halo the Flood-end ot
                                As for the idea that the Ancients use zpms, they have naquaduh to do that. The fact that the ancients were overwhelmed by the number of wraith doesn't necessarily mean they suck at waging war, but that they went about it the wrong way. They lost in tactical engagements because of the number of wraith, so they should have gone into strategic engagements (shipyards, command centers, supply lines, etc.)
                                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                                Caboose: They could be worse?
                                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X