Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason that wraith can beam out of their ships, is because the ships use the same beam to rematerialize the dematerializees, so the Wraith likley set a set of commands before they beam down so the ship will beam them into the pattern buffer and then beam them down to the surface.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      In "Before I Sleep" of Season one, the Ancient said that they recovered Wiers shuttle from the bottom of the ocean. So they must have some way of getting down there.

If I have missed something I apoligize, I did not read all of the posts because I don't want to spoil "Duet." I should be able to reply fully later tonight.

Owen Macri
      My thought about this was do the expedition team know how they did this. If they haven't discovered the technology yet then they wouldn't be able to do this.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

No, I would highly doubt they do. Perhaps the Ancients have long range transporters. That would be cool and useful.

Owen Macri

Comment

How did they get down? The beams work both ways, else how ya gonna get them peoples out to feed off them?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Oh, wait a minute, we are misunderstanding the question I believe. I think the question was how can the wraith beam out seeing as the beam only seems to be able to point in one direction, which is down.

In that case I also have an explination, the beam emitter seems to be in the bottom of the ship behind the pilots' compartment. and it apears to be ball-shpaped as we see in "Duet," So perhaps the ball can rotate to face the back of the pilot, then dematerialize, rotate back to normal position, then rematerialize. It seems likley.

Owen Macri

Comment

Oh, wait a minute, we are misunderstanding the question I believe. I think the question was how can the wraith beam out seeing as the beam only seems to be able to point in one direction, which is down.

In that case I also have an explination, the beam emitter seems to be in the bottom of the ship behind the pilots' compartment. and it apears to be ball-shpaped as we see in "Duet," So perhaps the ball can rotate to face the back of the pilot, then dematerialize, rotate back to normal position, then rematerialize. It seems likley.

Owen Macri
              Or possibly there is another beam system that is the wraith equivalent of an eject???
              Instead of shooting the wraith out of hte Dart, it beams him/her outside??

Comment

The whose point of the eject mechanism is that it's meant to rely on redundant systems to function.
                Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                  The whose point of the eject mechanism is that it's meant to rely on redundant systems to function.
                  Which is why I nominated it as a second beamer. Obviously with it's own power and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                    Or possibly there is another beam system that is the wraith equivalent of an eject???
                    Instead of shooting the wraith out of hte Dart, it beams him/her outside??
                    Yes, that is a good idea, it would deffinetly be a possibility, we have spring loaded seats, they have transporters.

Owen Macri

Comment

Yes, that is a good idea, it would deffinetly be a possibility, we have spring loaded seats, they have transporters.

Owen Macri
                      Spring loaded? Try rocket powered. :-)

Comment

Lol, yes, I knew that, but it is funny in cartoons when they seat pops out and springs fly everywhere. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                        X