Jason Momoa in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Well I know he said he turned down the role of Drax the Destroyer because he didn't want to get typecast as the "Ronon" of the Guardians of the Galaxy. As in "the musclebound brute of the team that doesn't talk much". While most roles he takes on probably include being musclebound, I'm assuming that Aquaman is more like Khal Drogo in that he has more dialogue and so forth.
    Aquaman is quite eloquent in fact.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hes been preparing for this role his entire career.

Baywatch+Ronan+Conan+Khal=Aquaman

He cant fail.

Comment

Lets hope he is in the movie for more then 5 minutes and actually says some thing.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          Lets hope he is in the movie for more then 5 minutes and actually says some thing.
          He will be, they're getting ready for a justice league film
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
            He will be, they're getting ready for a justice league film
            Mmmmmyeah....but its a WB movie so I don't exactly have a lot of FAITH in this project....especially after the last few DC comics movies.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
              Mmmmmyeah....but its a WB movie so I don't exactly have a lot of FAITH in this project....especially after the last few DC comics movies.
              Personally I loved Dark Knight Rises an Man of Steel so I am hoping for loads more of the same.

Now if we're talking Green Lantern.... there's a comic book that needs the Nolan treatment.

Comment

...eh. I fall into the mainstream thoughts on the movie. Both were good but not great. MOS IMO was just kinda boring and DKR should have held off till the next year and have ironed out some of its issues instead of being rushed out to compete with Avengers. And yes. GL was just a big pile of kilowag leavings.

now if they ever get around to making that LOBO movie....
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teflonrobg View Post
                  Momoa worries me for a few reasons, mostly because you now have an Aquaman who is more imposing than your Batman could hope to be. But aside from that, Momoa doesn’t have the best record of taking these beloved characters to the promised land. Try to sit through the Conan The Barbarian reboot and tell me otherwise."
                  My thoughts exactly. Momoa seems to be more a fit for a redone batman (muscular), than someone like Aquaman.

Comment

Aquaman is physically superior to Batman. Why is it a problem that he's more imposing?
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Because its Momoa vs Affleck. Poor Benny don't stand a CHANCE!
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah but shouldn't that be the case anyway? Aquaman has super-strength and such. Batman doesn't. Aquaman being more physically imposing than Batman is what should be expected because he's already stronger and tougher.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

In a straight up fight he's not supposed to. By all rights the majority of dc heroes should be able to snap batman in two. Bats can out think his opponent though and find what their weaknesses are.

Besides it's not like they'll be fighting anyway. It's batman vs superman... Not batman vs the entire dc line up.

Comment

I cant wait to see Momoa get in superhero shape, Cavill superman will look ridiculously small compared to him.

Comment

What's wrong with Aquaman? Or is that just people perpetuating Family Guy crap without having read the comics?

Martian Manhunter's been replaced by Cyborg in New 52, which I hate. And they've cast Cyborg already so they're going with New 52 Justice League.

Comment

Way to go Jason!
                                Last edited by Mrja84; 22 August 2014, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X