Atlantis Extinction revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    As big as the city is, I always had hoped that the expedition would discovery a factory for building ZPM's or stargates. What would prevent them from doing so would be the understanding and materials necessary for such a task.
    Eh. We've seen the Arcturus project and when they tried again to solve it. It's been done.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I wouldn't. Especially the ZPM side. If we had the capacity to make more, we would effectively become unstoppable.
      Hence why I argued for a reason why the factory couldn't be used. If anything, it would be a lack of scientific understanding. It's like expecting someone from 1776 to know how to build a computer. It's not going to happen.

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
      Eh. We've seen the Arcturus project and when they tried again to solve it. It's been done.
      What does that have to do with ZPM's?

Comment

What does that have to do with ZPM's?
        The Arcturus project was a leftover experiment to make a 'super-ZPM' by the ancients. Its discovery (and that it was destroyed trying to perfect it) later led to a project of Atlantis trying to create their own zero-point energy.

In fact, that later led to someone trying to solve global warming with it.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I've seen the episode. I suggested that a ZPM factory be found within the city. You said it would be a bad idea, because of the Arcturus project. The Ancients were able to make ZPM's just fine, obviously. I don't get your comparison.

Comment

I've seen the episode. I suggested that a ZPM factory be found within the city. You said it would be a bad idea, because of the Arcturus project. The Ancients were able to make ZPM's just fine, obviously. I don't get your comparison.
            No, I said 'eh' as in 'it wouldn't be interesting. We've seen ZPM factories on a huge scale, seen the Atlantis scientists tr to make their own, and seen them fix a mess some idiot made trying to use ZPM science to fix global warming.

We've seen the ramifications of trying to make them.

Comment

makes me wonder if this ''self destruct'' was more to explain y the ancients didn't bring atlantis back to the mw in the first place.it always puzzled me that with janus there and the wormhole drive y didn't they just jump to the mw .......we already heard that the shields could take a pounding.......they had access to unlimited zpm's(they left zpm's in care of other ppl.so they sure could have left.....but ow it seems like they set atlantis to remain in pg indefinately.i would have liked to seen the movie though........one question though.........i see ppl saying they could have gotten a call for help......but from whom?no other gates in the pg had the power to dial the mw..iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                i see ppl saying they could have gotten a call for help......but from whom?no other gates in the pg had the power to dial the mw..iirc.
                maybe there were no ancients in the mw anyway, when they came back they supposedly mixed with the general human population

Comment

And maybe they felt trying to fly the ship (which drains a lot of power as we saw) RIGHT into the wraith fleet orbiting the planet may have drained too much to make travel to the MW viable.

Comment

No, I said 'eh' as in 'it wouldn't be interesting. We've seen ZPM factories on a huge scale, seen the Atlantis scientists tr to make their own, and seen them fix a mess some idiot made trying to use ZPM science to fix global warming. We've seen the ramifications of trying to make them.
                    I don't get how you compare ZPM's to the Acturas (spelling?) project. The Acturas project never worked, ZPM's have proven reliable. ZPM's have to be made somewhere, why not within Atlantis itself?

Comment

I don't get how you compare ZPM's to the Acturas (spelling?) project. The Acturas project never worked, ZPM's have proven reliable.
                      I just explained that the Arcturus project was making ZPM's one a bigger scale. Twice.

ZPM's have to be made somewhere, why not within Atlantis itself?
                      They already tried; again I've said this twice.

Comment

I just explained that the Arcturus project was making ZPM's one a bigger scale. Twice.
                        Right, except that I'm not suggesting they try making ZPM's. I'm suggesting they find a ZPM factory, and then there be a reason why they can't use it. If they could, Atlantis would be invisible, and there'd be virtually no conflict (just hide in Atlantis's shield).

They already tried; again I've said this twice.
                        To my memory, there was never an episode where anyone tried to make a ZPM. It was always looking for one or stealing one from someone else.

Comment

To my memory, there was never an episode where anyone tried to make a ZPM. It was always looking for one or stealing one from someone else.
                          It's called McKay and Mrs. Miller. They were trying to make a new Project Arcturus n order to make new super-ZPM's.

Fourth time I posted the point of it, second time I posted the episode. You might want to look things up now and then.

Comment

It's called McKay and Mrs. Miller. They were trying to make a new Project Arcturus n order to make new super-ZPM's.

Fourth time I posted the point of it, second time I posted the episode. You might want to look things up now and then.
                            They weren't going to make super ZPMs, they wanted to render it obsolete by tapping vaccum energy from our universe.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                              makes me wonder if this ''self destruct'' was more to explain y the ancients didn't bring atlantis back to the mw in the first place.it always puzzled me that with janus there and the wormhole drive y didn't they just jump to the mw .......we already heard that the shields could take a pounding.......they had access to unlimited zpm's(they left zpm's in care of other ppl.so they sure could have left.....but ow it seems like they set atlantis to remain in pg indefinately.i would have liked to seen the movie though........one question though.........i see ppl saying they could have gotten a call for help......but from whom?no other gates in the pg had the power to dial the mw..iirc.
                              The Ancient's likely didn't take Atlantis back to the MilkyWay was because of the hundreds of Wraith ships in orbit during the first seige of Atlantis. If they had tried the shield would have likely kept the city safe. But under bombardment by hundreds of ships, i imagine it would have been hard for the stardrive to even get the city off the ocean surface let alone high enough to go into hyperspace.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                                The Ancient's likely didn't take Atlantis back to the MilkyWay was because of the hundreds of Wraith ships in orbit during the first seige of Atlantis. If they had tried the shield would have likely kept the city safe. But under bombardment by hundreds of ships, i imagine it would have been hard for the stardrive to even get the city off the ocean surface let alone high enough to go into hyperspace.
                                I don't see how that is a issue. THe shield in the Siege was able to hold off Wraith ships for days and that was only with one ZPM. If they wanted too with three ZPMs I don't see how accessing a hyperspace window would be a problem
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X