Atlantis Extinction revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    any self destruct can be disabled. otherwise the ancients themselves wouldn't be able to use it in any way
    Even if no one can hack the computers and turn it off, can't you take out the zpms, disconnect stuff, reroute power, and mess with power cables/conduits?

And why take it back to the PG when you can evacuate and program it to go somewhere safe to explode?
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Maybe the rest of the info will sound better, but so far this is making me less disappointed that the film wasn't made.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        When they were writing this, you'd think it would occur to them that Atlantis has been in the Milky Way long enough for the city to figure out it's moved. I love the idea of Atlantis hiding behind the moon (can't be on the moon, I'd expect anyone with a decent telescope to see it) but it's such a poor way to get the city back to Pegasus.
        Not to sound totally ignorant, but does the moon revolve so that we eventually see all sides of it, or is one side always facing the earth?

Comment

I've gone from disappointed the movie isn't happening to really quite happy if this was the standard of what they were going to be on offer, I mean, the city was going to self destruct because it was no longer in Pegasus.....seriously?

Just when you thought the barrel couldn't be scraped any further.......

Comment

So Atlantis doesn't like its new home.. and is going to throw a hissy fit and blow itself up...

McKay will spend the whole time saying he can't fix it but will predictably come up with a genius plan 2 seconds before the city explodes...

The usual McKay babbling will ensue.. with Sheppard telling him to fix it and Ronon and Teyla standing around giving Rodney moral support...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              So Atlantis doesn't like its new home.. and is going to throw a hissy fit and blow itself up...

McKay will spend the whole time saying he can't fix it but will predictably come up with a genius plan 2 seconds before the city explodes...

The usual McKay babbling will ensue.. with Sheppard telling him to fix it and Ronon and Teyla standing around giving Rodney moral support...
              sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I don't think this idea is as awful as some of you do, but I have to admit that I'm not feeling the love here. After all, these are the same writers who pulled the epic fail that was the wormhole drive out of their butts.

Nope, not feeling it.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

I think you nailed why I'm not feeling the love for this plot. It sounds too much like a standard Rodney-heavy & non-Rodney characters-lite SGA episode.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

This...sounds...so...bad. Thank god it didn't get made. <Snipped by Moderator>
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 May 2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Criticising the idea/writing is fine.Cutting down the real person is not.Leave out the name-calling folks.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I really hope this was a typical Mallozzi fake storyline to stir the pot of Atlantis fans. If this was the real plot they were going to use, then I am glad it isn't being made.
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

Other than the corniness of a self destruct cause we took it out of the PG, i like the basic premise.

Comment

I'm glad this script isn't getting filmed. How about send Atlantis back to Pegasus because planetary coalition (from "Inquisition") has requested help? With Atlantis gone, there's nothing to protect humanity from the Wraith. General O'Neill could be written into the story, a man faced with a hard decision. Keep Atlantis on Earth (or our moon) to protect Earth... or send it back to Pegasus to help protect whole worlds. It would be a hard decision which could be the central focus of the film.

Here's another option... Keep Atlantis on Earth or the far side of the moon. Have Sheppard lead a team back to Pegasus in search of another city rumored to have survived the Wraith? If one can be found (The Tower), why not another? To me, the quest for another lost city would be far more interesting!

Comment

Lorne will lead a team of red shirts and ultimately accomplish nothing, some woman will show up and John will be all over her, Todd will have a pointless cameo, and in the end they learn the lesson of the day just before hitting the reset button.
                              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I think most of us feel that Atlantis shouldn't have been relocated to Earth unless it was going to become a permanent change. If the show had been renewed, I wouldn't mind the city returning to Pegasus for X reason. With one movie, just keep the city on Earth as the new SGC.

Comment

Working...
                                X