Atlantis Extinction revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    They just did time travel in the last movie, Continuum. That said, Atlantis only touched upon time travel twice, so I'd be up for a new adventure.

Why relocate Atlantis from Earth to the moon? Just move it to Antarctica. As for the moon, Joe Mallozzi needs to do a little homework, because there is no dark side of the moon.
    maybe he means the far side of the moon, which never faces earth

Why is there a self destruct safeguard to ensure Pegasus never leaves the Pegasus galaxy? It's OK to relocate to another world, but not another galaxy? What? None of this makes any sense. It's a poorly constructed attempt to return to the status quo.
    In case the wraith got their hands on it and took it to the Milky Way. That way the wraith would have no way to get back and no way for more troops to come in and it would make them easier to handle

The wormhole drive burns out? How convenient. The city still has a hyperdrive, it just takes a little longer to get where it's going.
    Based on the fact we know it requires heaps of power and is unstable, the convenience is irrelevant. Maybe they cant use the hyperdrive due to all the power being taken by the WH drive.

Why not set the movie after Universe at this point?
    because that not when its set

If this movie ever happens, it needs a serious rewrite.
    I don't think so. You havent really made any convincing arguments for anything. Sounds more like your just complaining for the hell of it.

Comment

They just did time travel in the last movie, Continuum. That said, Atlantis only touched upon time travel twice, so I'd be up for a new adventure.
      Wouldn't that Time bubbled Ascention/meditation area, technically be considered a third time travel one??

Comment

in my opinion, no. because the time was going faster. but they where not send back to the past or forward into the future.

it would be the same if we where talking of humidity. if a person lives inside a big sauna, just because there is a lot more humidity and steam it will not count as living underwater. in simple words no time traveling just the time going faster.

Comment

Originally posted by SILLYFAN View Post
          in my opinion, no. because the time was going faster. but they where not send back to the past or forward into the future.

it would be the same if we where talking of humidity. if a person lives inside a big sauna, just because there is a lot more humidity and steam it will not count as living underwater. in simple words no time traveling just the time going faster.
          *holds head* Oy...my head hurts now...
          sigpic

Comment

excuse me?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Wouldn't that Time bubbled Ascention/meditation area, technically be considered a third time travel one??
              technically there all time travel stories.

Comment

Why not set the movie after Universe at this point?
                It already is, at least it is after Seizure anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  It already is, at least it is after Seizure anyway.
                  No its set a week after EATG.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    maybe he means the far side of the moon, which never faces earth
                    What he meant is irelavent, what he said is. He made reference to the dark side of the moon, which doesn't exist. The moon experiences day and night, just like Earth, only it takes far longer. How can a writer not bother to check this out?

In case the wraith got their hands on it and took it to the Milky Way. That way the wraith would have no way to get back and no way for more troops to come in and it would make them easier to handle
                    I would imagine that submerging the city and locking out all stargate addresses except for Earth would prevent the Wraith from ever reaching Atlantis. This makes the fail safe entirely unnecessary. Again, I ask, why is another world OK, but another galaxy not? If the Wraith are smart enough to take Atlantis, don't you think they'd be smart enough to rewrite computer programs?

Based on the fact we know it requires heaps of power and is unstable, the convenience is irrelevant. Maybe they cant use the hyperdrive due to all the power being taken by the WH drive.
                    Maybe? All we know is that by the time Atlantis was fighting the Wraith hive, there wasn't enough power left to both fight and stay in orbit. How could there be enough power to use the wormhole drive again? Regardless, if the wormhole drive were to short out, there's still the star drive. "First Strike" proved that a single ZPM can just barely power the drive. Todd claimed to have more ZPM's somewhere, so just strike a bargain: freedom in exchange for the location of all of his ZPM's.

because that not when its set
                    Considering it's been two and a half years since the show ended, it would be a good idea to revise the script to take into account the passage of time. Why not?

I don't think so. You havent really made any convincing arguments for anything. Sounds more like your just complaining for the **** of it.
                    I've made convincing arguments, you just don't want to admit the film script could be flawed. I'm not complaining for complaint's sake. I'm a writer, and honestly, I hate bad writing. I'm going to call on it every time, even if it's a Stargate script. No, especially if it's a Stargate script, because I expect better.

Comment

well you post proves me right. the stargate on the asuran sattelite not only has only 8 chevrons, that it must have some sort of extra resistance since the asuran laser was too insanely powerful. why a overload did not happen and the wormhole jump from the asuran sattelite to the atlantis stargate? (since its the closest) and why it did not blow up? i mean that laser was crazy. in 29 hours the shield would be totally depleted the ZPM. if they had 3 ZPM then in like 87 hours. i think the movie should include the asuran sattelite.

Comment

If the Wraith are smart enough to take Atlantis, don't you think they'd be smart enough to rewrite computer programs?
                        Which they can

I've made convincing arguments, you just don't want to admit the film script could be flawed. I'm not complaining for complaint's sake. I'm a writer, and honestly, I hate bad writing. I'm going to call on it every time, even if it's a Stargate script. No, especially if it's a Stargate script, because I expect better.
                        [insert praise here]
                        Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

What he meant is irelavent, what he said is. He made reference to the dark side of the moon, which doesn't exist. The moon experiences day and night, just like Earth, only it takes far longer. How can a writer not bother to check this out?
                          Yes because a writer would have many doctorates in science.....

I
                          would imagine that submerging the city and locking out all stargate addresses except for Earth would prevent the Wraith from ever reaching Atlantis. This makes the fail safe entirely unnecessary. Again, I ask, why is another world OK, but another galaxy not? If the Wraith are smart enough to take Atlantis, don't you think they'd be smart enough to rewrite computer programs?
                          Yes but there was still a chance that they could get to the city and then submerging it and lockign the gate are POINTLESS! Its probably written into every little section of the cities program and thus wouldn't be removable or traceable.

Maybe? All we know is that by the time Atlantis was fighting the Wraith hive, there wasn't enough power left to both fight and stay in orbit. How could there be enough power to use the wormhole drive again? Regardless, if the wormhole drive were to short out, there's still the star drive. "First Strike" proved that a single ZPM can just barely power the drive. Todd claimed to have more ZPM's somewhere, so just strike a bargain: freedom in exchange for the location of all of his ZPM's.
                          If the wormhole drive drained too much power than the star drive wouldn't work (Adrift)

Considering it's been two and a half years since the show ended, it would be a good idea to revise the script to take into account the passage of time. Why not?
                          Well it wont happen.

No you've nitpicked because you can't handle it. You can't change it so why bother complaining so much. You can expect as much as you want but never EVER EVER will your complaints change a THING!

Comment

Yes...
                            Wanted to green you but it said I need to spread the green around a bit!
                            sigpic

Comment

No its set a week after EATG.
                              No it isn't. Joe said that time-line had to be moved to accommodate the crossover.

Comment

Yes because a writer would have many doctorates in science.....
                                You don't need doctorates in science, you just have to look up into the night sky and realize if you can't see the moon, it's because the sun is shining on the far side. How can Joseph Mallozzi not know this?

Yes but there was still a chance that they could get to the city and then submerging it and lockign the gate are POINTLESS! Its probably written into every little section of the cities program and thus wouldn't be removable or traceable.
                                How would the Wraith get to Atlantis? It's submerged to the bottom of the ocean with the shield holding back the water. All stargate addresses are locked out except Earth. There was no reason to think the Wraith could have reached the city.

If the wormhole drive drained too much power than the star drive wouldn't work (Adrift)
                                If that's the case, then how would Atlantis be relocated at all? I got the impression from "Enemy at the Gate" that the three ZPM's had been mostly drained. Enough power to run the city, but not enough for flight.

Well it wont happen.
                                First off, that's just lazy. Second, what about SGU's "Seizure?" That seemed to imply that either Atlantis was still on Earth or that Woolsey and McKay had been recalled to deal with Langara.

No you've nitpicked because you can't handle it. You can't change it so why bother complaining so much. You can expect as much as you want but never EVER EVER will your complaints change a THING!
                                Yes, I nitpick, but not because I can't handle it. I just dislike poor writing. Deal with it. I'm not trying to change it, I'm just suggesting changes to fellow GateWorld Forum members. Why not have a better script? Only a lazy writer refuses to rewrite his script. I'm not making complaints, I'm offering a detailed criticism of the released script concepts. High expectations simply means this... if the movie ever does get released, and the script isn't revised... yeah... I won't be seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X