Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Momoa scores the new Conan the Barbarian film!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats soo funny i just sat here trying to figure out which parts micheal sheen and Chris played and your soo right they were in new Moon as Main vampires lol.. i cant believe i didnt notice it when my last girlfriend made me struggle and watch it !!! i really like Micheal Sheen in underworld Rise of the Lycans he is a great actor !! and of course chris is our Stargate Buddy so we all like him !!
    sigpic
    Kenton Canada

Comment

Jason Rathbone (???) is a good actor as well. He did a superb job in one Criminal Minds Episode. The Twilight gig gives you visibility but not a chance to make you shine as an actor, IMO.

I hope Jason gets a chance to have both in Conan.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
        Jason Rathbone (???) is a good actor as well. He did a superb job in one Criminal Minds Episode. The Twilight gig gives you visibility but not a chance to make you shine as an actor, IMO.

I hope Jason gets a chance to have both in Conan.
        I also have seen that episode of Criminal minds with Jason it was great !!! Your right on !
        sigpic
        Kenton Canada

Comment

If you are interested in some news about our favourite Conan actor, than read this :

http://www.conanmovieblog.com/2010/1...unts-of-conan/

If you don't like to read all of it, read just this :

How do you describe the action level we’re going to see in the Conan movie?

Its old school hard hitting stunt action. Real stunts, not a lot of CG. We did most things practical. The actors stepped it up HUGE and learned some crazy skills. Both Jason [Momoa] and Rachel [Nichols] were ripping it up on "Conan"!

What was it like to work with Rachel Nichols and the rest of the cast, other stunts included?

Rachel is awesome. She was super fun to have on set and game for fighting and riding horses. You will definitely be very surprised when you see her face doing some of the things she was doing. She rocked it out there. Jason was amazing too. He picked up sword work like a pro and he did all his fights. He picks up choreo really fast and put his character completely into it. He was a lot of fun to watch.
          <sig removed for being over 100X our limit. Sigs must be 50K or less, thank you>

Comment

I just found this site today.

New Photos!

Comment

Can't wait for the movie!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                Can't wait for the movie!!
                Me too. Still wish he was a bit bigger. Conan was suppose to be a big boy. And I hope people give him a honest chance and not try to compare him to Arnold S.
                Still... I know hubby and I will be there watching and supporting Jason.

Comment

I will be there to support him as well Will drag my Cousin as well so she can see the awesomeness of Jason for herself
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                    I will be there to support him as well Will drag my Cousin as well so she can see the awesomeness of Jason for herself
                    Woohooo! You go!

Comment

It's getting ripped to pieces online, especially that new teaser. Lot of doubt cast on Jason Momoa's acting ability.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        It's getting ripped to pieces online, especially that new teaser. Lot of doubt cast on Jason Momoa's acting ability.
                        There's not enough of him in the teaser to judge by I'm more concerned about it being a z-grade movie...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm excited for Jason, but kinda worried too. Gotta be positive that Jason will show how awesome he is.

Comment

Jason is an awesome actor and I hope that he can make the movie a huge hit *fingers crossed*
                            sigpic

Comment

It is always difficult for anyone to redo a role that was done in the past, especially something like Conan. Rather than see something done the way it was before with someone similar to before I'd prefer to see them take the opportunity to truly renew it - if I want to see an Arnold type person play Conan I might as well just watch the original movie with the original Arnold

I think Jason's acting abilities were on show to his favour in Sateda, Reunion, and Broken Ties, just to name the obvious ones. As a movie to stand alone in it's own right I'm excitedly looking forward to seeing Conan, and sure that Jason will do himself and the role justice.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                                There's not enough of him in the teaser to judge by I'm more concerned about it being a z-grade movie...
                                I think it's his delivery of the dialogue people are poking fun at, it doesn't seem to ring true. It might not be his acting per se, but his ability to do accents. It wasn't really a problem with Ronon because he never really changed it, but it could be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X