Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Momoa scores the new Conan the Barbarian film!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah a fellow DFW person yes it was in the theaters here for maybe a month the last week or so it was only like 1 or 2 showings a day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
      ah a fellow DFW person yes it was in the theaters here for maybe a month the last week or so it was only like 1 or 2 showings a day.
      Oh, I don't doubt that it was showing...I just wish that I would've been able to see it.
      sigpic

Comment

It wasn't in theaters here long at all.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
          It wasn't in theaters here long at all.
          Guess Jason didn't bring 'em in like Ahhhh-nold did....
          sigpic

Comment

You have to admit Arnold was a barbarian back then!

Comment

I kept an eye out for it, but never saw it listed...... ....

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                I kept an eye out for it, but never saw it listed...... ....
                Same here"
                sigpic

Comment

Conan the Barbarian was one of those movies I'd watch dozens of times as a kid, and for the longest time, I was able to quote almost every line of James Earl Jones. That movie though, was written at a time, when everyone seemingly read Mario Puzo's the godfather, and then tried to base the atmosphere, pacing, and substance on that book's persistence. Now-a-days it's all emo pop, and glitter gaga. Men want to be more like women, and women aren't dames anymore, but are power brokers and women of substance; instead of a sandwich made with love, you're given dry bread with a slab of spam on it. (if you ask me, I blame Woman of Substance; the movie and the book).

Comment

I haven't seen Conan the Barbarian (original or remake) but if it sounds that good I may watch it. Don't particularly care whether or not someone from Stargate is in there but it is interesting nonetheless.
                    Back from the grave.

Comment

I've watched that movie a few weeks ago and I have to say ... I'm surprised about JM's acting. True, this Conan-movie isn't that ... well, it's not really a highlight but for my opinion this depends more on the script than on JM's acting (and that's quite an honour from me. Who knows me also know that I never warmed up with his "Ronon"-character). In fact Jason's Conan fits a bit better into the Howard-canon as Arnies did (sorry).

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                      Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic
                      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                        I've watched that movie a few weeks ago and I have to say ... I'm surprised about JM's acting. True, this Conan-movie isn't that ... well, it's not really a highlight but for my opinion this depends more on the script than on JM's acting (and that's quite an honour from me. Who knows me also know that I never warmed up with his "Ronon"-character). In fact Jason's Conan fits a bit better into the Howard-canon as Arnies did (sorry).
                        Yeah, I was pleased with his performance here too. I did cringe at the "I think, I feel....." (or whatever the phrasing was) line though, but that was as much to do with the words as it was the delivery. That line was so full of cheese that nobody could pull it off successfully.
                        sigpic

Comment

...Yep I'm half way through watching the new "Conan" movie on DVD and "this guys voice is familiar" I says to myself as I hardly ever read credits or reviews and I jump to the end saying "is Conan, Ronon Dex?" and Yahoo! Jason Mamoa is the star - yeah okay the movie came out months ago But I didn't know, Good for you Jason I was wondering what happened to all the actors of one of the greatest shows on television to be pulled off the air with another 5 years of adventures to go and what 38 million other loyal Star Gate Atlantis fans stunned as well - But I love seeing our Fav's still kickin' in new movies and nowadays their aint no star trek, star gate or firefly to watch - we're starving for Atlantis to return.........
                          Attached Files

Comment

You just now noticed??
                            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I loved seeing that! When I first read about it, I said the same thing, "Ronan is Conan!" Thought that was quite ironic It was also a very good movie (imo).
                              Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Hmmm...that was all the buzz on Gateworld when it happened. Surprised you're just now discovering this. The movie didn't last long in the theaters and I didn't even know it was already on DVD.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X