Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Momoa scores the new Conan the Barbarian film!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry - I just reopened it myself and I got the Jason video so I don't know why it would be opening to something different - one of those internet glitches I will never figure out. Try this link, it is to the Access Hollywood that has the original video. Jason looks really happy and excited about the movie.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/jason..._video_1346758

Comment

That one works Thank you

sigpic

Comment

thsi movies was promoted during WWE raw last monday. the show got in about 5 million virewers so i hope someone goes to see the movie
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Jason Rocks in this movie!! Awesome job!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            Jason Rocks in this movie!! Awesome job!

Here here! I want to watch it again

sigpic

Comment

Good to hear, but not surprising.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana

Comment

When I was eight, or nine, I watched Conan the Barbarian, the year was 1986 (I was probably nine), and from then on, until the VHS copy I had broke, I watched Conan about fifty times. So much so, that even today, after only watching Conan about ten times in the last fifteen years, I always have the feeling that I have just watched it an hour ago.
                As a kid, I watched Chuck Norris' Invasion USA almost as much as I watched Conan, but following these two, I would watch several other movies, over and over and over; Rocky 4, Commando, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Gorky Park---awesome films, but none as impressionable as Conan the Barbarian was. I watched Dune once, during that time, and I thought it was better than Return of the Jedi. And yes, the only Star Wars movie I had watch was Return of the Jedi, but in my mind, at that time, it wasn't nothing special, other than, it starred the guy from the Temple of Doom. I hadn't watched Raiders of the Lost ark, nor the other Star Wars films until 1991, and even at that time, in my mind, they weren't as awesome as Conan the Barbarian.
                Then, I watched Conan The Barbarian Redux.

I was a fan of Marvel's Conan, you see, many many years ago, when Marvel published those black and white Conan Magazines. The artist name was Ernie some body, and I can't remember who the writer was. I could find out because after all, this is the internets, but, I'd like to remain oblivious to forgotten tidbits like that, because for some odd reason, those were intimate times, between a kid and his magazines, and some things are sweeter in memory than wikipedia haxing it all away.

Then, I watched Conan the Barbarian Redux.

The money spent on this could have been better spent on another Stargate film, because wow. Why did they do that? I'm more sad than angry.

Comment

For me I have never been able to watch all of the original in one sitting. I hate it Arnie can't act never has been able to and have him just sitting there grunting and making faces boring! They put that god-awful wig on the only good actor in the movie so every time he is on screen all I can do it stare at it hoping it will get up and run away. So I didn't see how it could be worse.

I am biased though in that Jason is the main reason I started watching SGA (after he beat up Rodney in Vengense thought it was funniest thing ever and watched a few eps to see more)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                    For me I have never been able to watch all of the original in one sitting. I hate it Arnie can't act never has been able to and have him just sitting there grunting and making faces boring! They put that god-awful wig on the only good actor in the movie so every time he is on screen all I can do it stare at it hoping it will get up and run away. So I didn't see how it could be worse.

I am biased though in that Jason is the main reason I started watching SGA (after he beat up Rodney in Vengense thought it was funniest thing ever and watched a few eps to see more)

Arnold was awkward, but, much like the Russian Bomber, the bear, Arnold has presence. When we first see him at the grind wheel, his eyes looks a bit crossed. Then he's in the fighting pit, and he's a mushed mouth fish out of water. Then, he's training, learning languages, and learning the the joy of hearing the lamentations of women. Twirling his blade, understanding his place in the riddle of steel, and worshiping it's discipline, you could see the joy in his eyes. He's released, and after escaping wild wolves/dogs, he comes upon the tomb of a lost Atlantian King, and once there, he gains a sword more precious than the one his father made at the beginning that was lost to Lexor. Meeting his friend (whose name I could never remember, which is ironic, but I can't remember it, go figure), and they have a debate about the Four Winds and Crom. Then they happen upon Valeria. And Arnold's mush mouth high accented gutter slur is almost charming and endearing in scenes between the two of them.
                    The Movie had substance, atmosphere, and the music by BASIL POLDEOURIS; o my goodness take me now, that music was as melodious and moving as anything heard in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Superman, or Starwars.
                    The Wizard who called the demons to save Conan, and the enemy, the evil Sorcerer, Thulsa Doom, played marvelously by James Earl Jones. "You broke into my house, murder my servants and my pets, and that's what Grieves me the most....Thorgrim is beside himself with grief, he raised that snake from the time it was born....you took the eye of the serpent...Do you know the riddle of steel.....Steel isn't strong boy, flesh is stronger."

It was a beautiful ambitious film. Shot in the same style, and sense, that they shot Ben-Hur, or Stanley Kubrick shot 2001 A space Odyssey. Arnold though slurring, and mosh mouthed, still conveyed power. Who could forget the score recovery, when Arnold post cured by demons, twirls his sword; relearning the discipline of steel.

The new Conan was just god-awful. Momoa, was powerful, but he had less to do in this movie. Momoa had presence and the stoic long stare, the sad thing was he was in a bad movie. Not his fault.

I tried to respond to you an hour ago, but unfortunately, I had to do somethings for family just now.
                    Last edited by Coremae; 20 August 2011, 07:10 PM. Reason: Wizard not wizrd

Comment

I think we will have to agree to disagree however it seems we have two very different taste in movies as I have never finished Rocky 4 and OMG 2001 A Space Odyssey is great for my insomnia I start watching that and I am asleep in 30 minutes. I love movies I really do I have even been in the crew for a movie but you are hitting some that I just can't get through. Everyone has different tastes and it is always cool to see different points of view.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think we will have to agree to disagree however it seems we have two very different taste in movies as I have never finished Rocky 4 and OMG 2001 A Space Odyssey is great for my insomnia I start watching that and I am asleep in 30 minutes. I love movies I really do I have even been in the crew for a movie but you are hitting some that I just can't get through. Everyone has different tastes and it is always cool to see different points of view.
                        A few years back, I had the distinguished honor of watching Kull the conquerer staring Kevin Sorbo. And though it wasn't that good, it was a bit better than Conan Redux. Kull started out like a piece of rock theatre, and did it's very best to continue as such. Even the way it was filmed felt ambitious. In a lot of ways, Kull and the Scorpion King is virtually the same. And in almost every way, Scorpion King 2 and Conan Redux is the same. Though I wouldn't dare say Conan Redux is as bad as In The Name of the King was, it still felt dull, uninteresting and pointless.

Again, it wasn't Momoa's fault, as it wasn't the fault of the dame who played Evil Lyn. They both worked with what they had; a boring dreary script, and a poorly shot film. I'm sorry for all involved, but EEEEKKKKKKK----vomit!

I agree, it's cool to have different views.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed it, personally. Could've used less blood and gore, but still a fun film to close the summer with.
                          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                            I thoroughly enjoyed it, personally. Could've used less blood and gore, but still a fun film to close the summer with.
                            Less blood and Conan used in the same sentence does not make sense.

Anyway I've yet to see but should hopefully next weekend. Although the critics have not been kind to it, a lot of the feedback from audience members on the net seems to be positive. It's a solid B movie and one should go in expecting a couple of hours of Jason Momoa carving people up and general barbaric behaviour on screen. Nothing more, nothing less. Sounds entertaining to me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post

Anyway I've yet to see but should hopefully next weekend. Although the critics have not been kind to it, a lot of the feedback from audience members on the net seems to be positive. It's a solid B movie and one should go in expecting a couple of hours of Jason Momoa carving people up and general barbaric behaviour on screen. Nothing more, nothing less. Sounds entertaining to me.

That is about right. It is not an Oscar winning movie but it is good entertainment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                                How so? I mean, I got used to all the blood by the end of the movie, but at the beginning it was a lot. Maybe it was just my first blood-and-gore movie?

I agree completely. It's like Avatar (which is worse as far as I'm concerned): all visuals and minimal plot. Unlike Avatar, ALL the characters are actually like-able!!

That is about right. It is not an Oscar winning movie but it is good entertainment

http://signavatar.com/9019_s.gif
                                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                                X