Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1 Season Eight / Atlantis Season One DVDs on Region 2 announced.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I saw this I had to post it. I was cracking up when I read it. Netflix has now listed Atlantis in DVDs you can reserve and the synopsis was just so outragesly wrong that I wondered if the person who wrote it even has seen the show. Well here it is...
    This spin-off of the Sci-Fi Channel's hugely popular "Stargate SG-1" series finds its crew, led by Dr. Elizabeth Wiggins (Torri Higginson), on a base located in Antarctica, wherein lies the lost civilization of Atlantis. What's more, they've also discovered a parallel world of sorts in a galaxy known as Pegasus, but what lies therein may not offer salvation; instead, it seems to be posing an imminent danger to the inhabitants of Earth.
    Wiggins... hehe

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

Will the box set contain extras not on the single volumes?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
        Will the box set contain extras not on the single volumes?
        Nobody knows at this moment in time - the boxset is not likely to be out until February next year.

They haven't included extra special features in the boxset that weren't on the single volumes in the past - but who knows.

Comment

26 DAYS TILL VOLUME 2 OF ATLANTIS

Play.com seem to be counting down already to Volume 2 :-)

Comment

I'm waiting till Volume 3!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Frankly, if they've taken the time and trouble to include commentaries on the Atlantis DVDs, but not on SG1 DVDs, I'll be seriously pissed off.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

My review of SG-1 DVD 39:

Stargate SG-1 Volume 39 Release date 28th March 2005

Episodes ‘Icon’, ‘Avatar’, ‘Affinity’, ‘Covenant’

The extras on this DVD are a feature called ‘Opening the Iris’, a Photo Gallery which contains stills from the episodes shown and the usual advert for the fan-club.

‘Opening the Iris’ contains The Lowdown Part 2-From Stargate to Atlantis and the latest in the SG1 Directors Series. This one features the episode ‘Covenant’.

The Lowdown is a light-hearted look at both SG-1 and Atlantis. The two words which I got from it are ‘fun’ and ‘enthusiasm’. Cast and crew members alike seem to enjoy coming to work and look forward to the future. We see the challenge involved in creating a brand new set for Atlantis, and the difficulty in producing special effects so that new planets look different from each other. The Atlantis cast certainly seem to be very impressed with their set and I loved David Hewlett’s comments about what the technology is really used for!

The Atlantis cast members all talk about their characters and it’s interesting to see how they view the people they play. I look forward to seeing the development of these characters and wonder if they will go in the directions indicated by the actors.

I enjoyed the Lowdown although I would have liked to have seen comparable interviews with all of the SG-1 cast members.

The Directors Series gave us some of Martin Wood’s insights into how the episode ‘Covenant’ was filmed. We saw the difficulty of working with ‘Thor’ but the majority of the feature was taken up with showing how the scenes with the F-302 were filmed. I liked the way this was presented; shots of how scenes were filmed were inter-cut with the final version from the episode. Mr Wood might well have fun at work, but he takes his work very seriously.

‘Icon’ is the first episode on the DVD. We see the way in which our use of the Stargate can have a negative effect on an alien world. This is something which I don’t think we have seen enough of over the years, and ‘Icon’ reminded me a little of the Season 3 episode ‘New Ground’. Although I enjoyed it, I felt that I didn’t know enough about the original characters to care too much what happened to them, nor did I have any real sense of the danger they were in.

‘Avatar’ is my favourite episode on this DVD. Although the Stargate wasn’t used, this felt like a true team episode and the danger Teal’c was in felt very real. It was also good to see a mention of an earlier episode, ‘Gamekeeper’ from Season 2.

‘Affinity’ seemed to try to cram too much into one episode. Although it was interesting seeing Teal’c get a life outside of the base, I felt it was too much like ‘the A Team’ meets ‘Crocodile Dundee’ to be believable. I also don’t see why it was necessary for Teal’c to get another girlfriend. The interesting part of the episode was learning that the rogue NID are still going strong and are now called ‘the Trust’. Unfortunately, this storyline seemed shoe-horned into a too-small time frame instead of being introduced properly.

‘Covenant’ showed the lengths to which the American Government will go to keep the Stargate project secret. An interesting premise, but an episode which felt more like ‘the X-Files’ than SG-1’.

Of the four episodes on this DVD, I will happily watch the first two over and over again. ‘Affinity’ and Covenant’ are okay but not ones which I particularly enjoyed.

Ali P

Comment

Stargate Atlantis Volume 2

12 DAYS TO GO

Can't wait to get my hands on the second DVD, I hope it comes early like the last one did and then I can make caps for my website. :-)

Comment

Play.com have the cover art for Volume 42 of SG-1

Amazon.co.uk have not yet published the cover art for this DVD

Comment

Crap this doesnt look good...that means for no reason Citizen Joe is gonna be stuck in the middle between Threads and Moebius or Reckoning and Threads

They've really screwed the order up this season

Between Threads and Moebius I could handle I guess..but if its between Reckoning and Threads I wont be a happy chappy

Spoiler:
                      Oh Look Daniel's Dead"...Oh Hang on he's randomly back in this clip show

We'll have to see when we get a bigger, but I can understand as they do go on Production Order and Citizen Joe was done between Threads and Moebius

I just hope that Threads is 90 Mins making this all worth it

Comment

From what we can see on the tiny pic, the second word must be Threads (Citizen Joe just doesn't fit... it would take much more place)

So, that makes:

Volume 42: Reckoning Part 1 & 2 and Threads.
                        Volume 43: Citizen Joe and Moebius Part 1 & 2.

Comment

Ok, I've looked on Amazon for S8 and S1 DVDs - all they show for pre-order is the 1st 2 S1 DVDs, no S8! When will they be released in the US? I can't find them anywhere!
                          "It's a blast door"

Comment

Originally posted by Julez
                            Ok, I've looked on Amazon for S8 and S1 DVDs - all they show for pre-order is the 1st 2 S1 DVDs, no S8! When will they be released in the US? I can't find them anywhere!
                            I think I read October time for Region 1 DVDs. I will have a look later today for the information I had found on the subject.

Comment

Here is the news I found - its from Gateworld.

Stargate SG-1 Season Eight and Stargate Atlantis Season One will make their way to DVD in North America (Region 1) this fall -- but first MGM has a special summer treat planned for fans.

The 90-minute spin-off pilot episode "Rising" will be released on DVD on June 21, 2005. The complete first season of Atlantis will follow in a boxed set this November.

SG-1's eighth season will arrive on DVD in October. The season is currently airing on The SCI FI Channel in the U.S., and starts this fall in syndication.

No details are yet available on the bonus features that will be included in the three releases, but expect at least the two boxed sets to have the usual episode commentaries, featurettes, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                                Crap this doesnt look good...that means for no reason Citizen Joe is gonna be stuck in the middle between Threads and Moebius or Reckoning and Threads

They've really screwed the order up this season

Between Threads and Moebius I could handle I guess..but if its between Reckoning and Threads I wont be a happy chappy
                                Even if it comes after 'Threads' (which appears to be the case... dammit.), it will frell up the continuity because of the mention of Kerry Johnson.

Why, MGM, why? The last several years you got everything right about the DVDs, now you're getting everything wrong.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X