No announcement yet.

Multichannel News: Atlantis Ends Run on Sci Fi, Greenlighted for Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megaphone? Hell, call someone! Call the hotel and ask for anyone you know who's there. Or ask for the convention manager.

Or text someone.

Though I would expect someone there would know by now - we live in the ever-connected info age, right?

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

This isn't an expansion, it's a retreat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
        This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks!
        Indeed.

Comment

Did the Viewer's Choice award mean nothing???

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
            This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks! This sucks!
            Ditto
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              It's my mum's birthday in August.
              Heh. My mom's as well, actually.

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
              I shot off a message to the people I know in Vancouver. They don't have internet access and I think being blindsided by this at the con would be bad. I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of protest happened.
              That's what we want.

If it's true that SciFi wants the show to continue, and it's only the studio that's being jerks right now, then we have a chance to change their mind, albeit very little.

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
              Joe Mallozzi confirmed it on his blog - Comment #47 on today's blog.
              #49, actually. #47 is mine (which is kinda cool, the magic of 47 and all).

Comment

This can only be solved one way people.

Rioting. Grab your pitchforks
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll miss Atlantis but I'm choosing to hope that something really big and really, really cool is going to happen in the wake of this cancellation. Maybe MGM and Sci-Fi needed to make room for this really cool thing that could or could not be about to happen.

Comment

Viewer's choice award, higher ratings, doubled viewers, wow. MGM you make no sense. Makes Great Mistakes
                    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

I've got my torch and pitchfork! Only problem is my torch may be put out by my tears....

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Indeed! I believe that it was Benjamin Franklin who said, "A little revolution, now and again, is a healthy thing."

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
                          I've got my torch and pitchfork! Only problem is my torch may be put out by my tears....
                          Mines across the pond... so isn't much use
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            #49, actually. #47 is mine (which is kinda cool, the magic of 47 and all).
                            Huh. Weird. Showed up as #47, then got moved down to #49.

Yeah...47 is magic? Talk for another time, eh? I'd smile if I weren't so sad.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I think a lot of us have seen this coming for a while and not really wanted to think about it. Definitely at Comin Con, the way they kept insistently saying 'Atlantis will continue in some form if it doesn't get picked up', the way they emphasised that SGU wouldn't continue on with the other shows. There's been an air of disquiet about this ever since Season 5 started.

Have you considered that this may have partly been a compromise between MGM and TPTB to make SGU happen? The writers and producers were obviously really keen to get SGU started, but if MGM were anxious about having SG-1 movies, plus maintaining Atlantis as a series, plus starting an entirely new show, they might have compromised and accepted a downgrade of Atlantis to tv-movies in order to get started on the new series? Is it possible? I really don't know if it's at all likely. This is pure speculation, I have no idea if they would actually have done that. What do you think?
                              Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

May vultures devour their bones.

Comment

Working...
                                X