Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blog/Twitter: Jewel Staite (Dr. Keller, SGA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Jewel

Comment

It's so easy to think that we're posting in a vacuum.

Ah well, not surprised. It was just a matter of time before people on the inside saw the ramblings and got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        It's so easy to think that we're posting in a vacuum.

Ah well, not surprised. It was just a matter of time before people on the inside saw the ramblings and got hurt.
        Fans attack each other regularly on this board and others, so it's not just the actors/TPTB that get hurt. Most actors don't read boards like this and they're better off not doing so (not to mention, it's sooooo time-consuming) because of fan reaction like that... although fans dislike the character, and not the actress per se, from what I've seen. Basically, if the writing was better...
        Last edited by prion; 07 August 2008, 04:57 AM.

Comment

I feel bad for Staite, but Keller really does stink.
          sigpic

Comment

»Yeah, same here - I like Jewel, but absolutely detest the Keller character. :s Do NOT get the actress and character mixed up, it's one thing that annoys me. :s

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              »Yeah, same here - I like Jewel, but absolutely detest the Keller character. :s Do NOT get the actress and character mixed up, it's one thing that annoys me. :s
              Yeah, same here. I adore Jewel Staite, but don't like the CHARACTER of Keller much at all. No offense to JS is meant, and I guess it is just human nature to be hurt, but I hope she knows that we don't dislike her as a person.

Comment

No matter what the intentions, reading stuff like "Keller should be flushed out of the airlock" probably doesn't make the portrayer happy. A character is a collaboration of many people including actor, writer, costumer, make-up artist, director, etc. etc.; saying a character sucks is a criticism (and depending on the severity of it, maybe even an insult) of all these people no matter how clearly you define that criticism. I'm not saying it should stop, of course, but it should be noted that that comment will be one of the results. However that affects how you post from here on out is up to you, obviously.

But then, I don't know how Jewel thinks, so whatever.
                Last edited by PG15; 07 August 2008, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  No matter what the intentions, reading stuff like "Keller should be flushed out of the airlock" probably doesn't make the portrayer happy. A character is a collaboration of many people including actor, writer, costumer, make-up artist, director, etc. etc.; saying a character sucks is a criticism (and depending on the severity of it, maybe even an insult) of all these people no matter how clearly you define that criticism. I'm not saying it should stop, of course, but it should be noted that that comment will be one of the results. However that affects how you post from here on out is up to you, obviously.

But then, I don't know how Jewel thinks, so whatever.
                  Regrettably, if the dialogue/plot sucks, nobody, not even Richard Burton (RIP), can salvage the dialogue...

There's absolutely no way to escape criticism, good or bad, unless you seal yourself in a box and never come out. THe thing is that now, you can read instant ego-boo or instant villification just by clicking with the mouse. I would never suggest to any actor to visit any fan boards. They're just too contentious.

As for Jewel, I wonder if she stumbled upon the thread, or went googling herself. Sometimes fans will just say 'hey, visit this thread.' Having seen fans do that, telling Joe M to go visit a spot, it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite - NEW Blog Post Aug 24 '08:

From Jewel Staite's MySpace blog update for August 24, 2008:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Sunday, August 24, 2008

All good things....

...Yes, we’re a little disappointed that we won’t be seeing each other on a regular basis anymore, or eating Steve’s famous “crack sandwiches” every morning (I must now enter baconcheesymayo-y goodness rehab). But at the same time, the SGA characters are in no way, shape, or form deceased.

This franchise is a strong one, and you can bet they’re not putting SGA to bed yet; I’ve heard buzzings of DVD movies as well as crossover appearances on Stargate: Universe, so rest assured that it ain’t over.

This just means more opportunities to invade other franchises and time to play other characters, and I’m quite excited to be “on the market” again. I have no idea what’s in store for me, since I’m tied up for another month with Atlantis, but I’ll be sure to let you know when I do decide on my next project.

**snippage**

So spread the word: life goes on for us actors. We’re used to this.

I’ll be taking the red eye to Atlanta for Dragon*Con Friday night, since I’ll be filming during the day, and I may have last night’s make-up on and a giant latte in my clutches, but I’ll get there somehow! More of a real blog when I return, complete with new pics from D*C.

P.S. and thanks. I know you’re rooting for me...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update Dec 1 '08:

From Jewel Staite's MySpace blog update for December 1, 2008:

Monday, December 01, 2008

hey, guess what? Tattoos hurt! Weird!

This is for all of those nags out there grilling me for another blog: ask and ye shall receive! (can I use “ye” there? Just did.)

Since Atlantis has officially come to an end, I’ve used my time wisely: finally trying to make a substantial dent in “Shantaram”, Christmas-a-fying my apartment, learning new yoga tricks, seeing way too many movies, booking impromptu vacations just cuz… Life’s a real drag. The first trip I took was to Dallas for the Dallas Comic Expo, where the weekend was full of delicious foods at amazing restaurants (“Craft” at the W Hotel is pretty much a must if ever you’re in a city that has one—thank you, Tom Coliccio, for living and breathing) while simultaneously fighting a head cold. Head colds are no match for braised short ribs! After Dallas came Mexico for a friend’s wedding on the Mayan Riviera, complete with sandy beach ceremony, lazy days on lawn chairs, lots of margaritas, and the start of what would have been a good tan if we hadn’t left when we did. Oh, and a minor 24-hour stomach bug, from brushing my teeth with tap water, most likely. But stomach bugs are no match for margaritas! Thanks to all who made the Creation con such an awesome experience. What a great bunch you all were. I felt a little odd since there was a Stargate convention going on simultaneously, and I swear I wasn’t picking sides, but somehow I ended up on the Firefly end of things…which is never a bad place to be. You’re all so cute in your Jayne hats and Asian-inspired attire, especially when you “cross dress”- Stargate uniforms go wonderfully with those Jayne hats! Yay cross dressers!

**snippage**

Happy Holidays to all of you and those you love spending them with. May 2009 bring luck, love, and peace to every one of you. Feel good about it!

Love Jewel

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite MySpace Blog Update Feb 5 '09:

From Jewel Staite's MySpace blog update for February 5, 2009:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Mon Dieu!

Happy belated New Year!

... Along with becoming a fluent French-speaking yoga master with a drivers license. One down! I'm up to three yoga sessions and four French lessons a week, so I am now limping while reciting French verbs like a madman (how do you say madman???)! The goal is to be unabashedly speaking francais by the time our trip to Paris rolls around, which will coincide with our next trip to the U.K, which is still being decided on whether that will be this spring or this fall. You will know when I know, I assure you, as the trip is being based on which convention I will be attending where. Those announcements are always posted on www.jewelstaite.com before they make it to myspace, however, so be sure to check in there for all the "professional news". This will continue to just be inane ramblings from someone who aspires to be the color of food.

... However, we must work before more beach vacations, and my inbox is slowly filling with possible projects for the new year. January is always such a nice month. Relaxing, refreshing, full of new beginnings and new American Idol episodes, everything's on sale... I think January is now my favorite month. And now Lost has started again, so the hole in my life has truly been filled. What a brilliant way to start 2009!

So until we speak again, Happy Valentine's Day, and bonne chance!

Bijou

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

April 02, 2009
                          Fedoras at breakfast??

Hello from Hollywood.

We have finally settled in to our lovely new home, after many days spent furniture hunting and looking in boxes for missing Ikea parts (why I continue to shop there mystifies me-- I am cheap, and I like stores that give you a pad of paper and a pencil as soon as you walk in the door. Also, stores that smell like meatballs are kind of awesome in a "am I going to smell like this when I leave?" kind of way). Now that we're comfortable, our days are spent contemplating water features for the garden, sipping tea on the verandah, hiking the hills, and returning things to Ikea. Our neighborhood is appropriately creative and eclectic, with lots of places in .. walking distance (very unusual in this town). Coffee shops abound, as well as wonderful little bistros and breakfast places where out of work actors sit and complain about the industry while wearing fedoras and scarves in seventy five degree weather and eating vegan food. I have never looked particularly good in hats and I've always considered bacon to be a vegetable, but something tells me diversity is welcomed here! The best thing about this place in general is a constant feeling of being inspired but not rushed, which I'm all about lately. Having said that, I'm still feeling quite selective of what my next project will be, and I'm not racing to work just yet. There are new opportunities every day, but I trust my instincts and myself enough to know whether that next opportunity is a right move or not. In the past, when I haven't trusted my own instincts and gone on someone else's, or worse, accepted something out of boredom or fear I'd never work again, it usually turned out for the worst, and I ended up being a little disappointed. (No regrets, however! Everything I've ever done has been a great learning lesson). My last job left some pretty tough shoes to fill, but I'm sure eventually it's all going to unfold the way it should. So until the next interesting/challenging/fun/particularly great thing comes along, here I sit on my verandah, enjoying the moment and drinking tea. Or wine.

Also enjoyable: I get to go to fabulous Seattle this weekend to the Emerald City Comic Con! I haven't been to Seattle in forever, so thanks to those of you who sent lists on great places to go while in town (listing places to shop, since I'm going to be busy at the convention both saturday and sunday that I'm there, is really just mean). Rain or shine, me and my open-toed Jimmy Choos I am insisting on breaking in will be there!

For those wondering why I've stopped answering your questions in my blog, I'm going to try my best to start that up again, now that I have a bit more time on my hands. Creativity wins points. No "when is Serenity 2 coming out?" Ask Joss, not me. I'm just sitting here on my verandah minding my own business, remember. I could make up something and start a wild internet rumor, but then again, there's only room for one Alan Tudyk in this world.

Talk to you soon! Off to do yoga so I can say I actually did it this month!

Comment

Jewel now Twitters!

SGA - Jewel Staite - Twitter Update Apr 29 '09:

Recent updates from Jewel Staite's Twitter site include:

How the frig do I get to be a judge on Iron Chef? Battle butter? For serious????

about 3 hours ago from web

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

that profile pic of her if horrible she can do better

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite MySpace Blog Update May 3 '09:

From Jewel Staite's MySpace blog update from May 3, 2009:

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Tweet like ya mean it

Happy Sunday people!

Here I sit at my computer with the sunlight streaming in, a belly full of truffle scrambled eggs, and a snoring dog at my feet. Best. Sunday. Ever. Also: I've finally joined the cool people in my life and signed up for Twitter. I think there's only one of me on there, but if in doubt, all you have to do is read the inane tweets about American Idol and shoes to know it's me! So if you have a hankering, there I be. It'll be much more frequent since it's easier than writing a whole myspace blog. 'Cause I'm lazy-like. But I did promise you answers to your ponderings, so here goes:

... 2. Do I ever hang out with the other guests at the conventions I go to? Oh, yeah. I've actually met some amazing friends at those conventions. And it's funny, but for some reason, we can all be perfect strangers and then somehow end up at the hotel bar together at the end of the day, offering up all kinds of personal information. This makes for a very interesting rolodex, and even stranger parties. Kind of like Lord of the Starship SG-1 Galactica. With alcohol.

... There. Off to be domestic and raid Bed Bath and Beyond for towels I don't need and a toaster I do. GLAMOUR!

Jewel

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X