This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire: Atlantis Gets Charmed

(SPOILERS below for Atlantis' "Before I Sleep" ...)

From SciFi Wire;

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...9/08/11.00.sfc

09:00am ET, 8-September-04

Atlantis Gets Charmed

Gildart Jackson—best known for his recurring role as Gideon, the evil Elder, on The WB's Charmed—told SCI FI Wire that he's just wrapped production on "Before I Sleep," an upcoming episode of the SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate Atlantis. "I'm playing an Ancient who is a Nutty Professor type," Jackson said in an interview. "The story, which I thought was very good, is that they find an old lady who is the 10,000-year-old version of Dr. Weir [Torri Higginson]. She's looking at the 10,000-year-old version of herself."

Jackson added, "It transpires that 10,000 years ago, when the Atlanteans left the city, there was a guy called Janus [Jackson], who was this very forward-thinking professor and Ancient who created a time machine. Basically, it's the story of Janus and Dr. Weir and how she used his time machine and came back to the city, and [how] they saved the city together 10,000 years ago."

Jackson said that Atlantis regular Higginson played both iterations of Dr. Weir. "They did some amazing makeup, a whole prosthetic process," Jackson said. "Torri was fantastic. All of my stuff, basically, was with her, and she had a whole ordeal to go through before we did anything together. She was getting up at two in the morning to do four hours of makeup before the day started. She not only had to do the Ancient scenes, which were the ones I was in, but she had to do the scenes with Dr. Weir in the current time dealing with the old Dr. Weir. So she had a lot of work to do." Jackson's episode of Atlantis will air in early 2005.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 September 2004, 01:14 PM. Reason: Spoiler space

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

This sounds amazing. I can't wait to watch this.

It almosts sounds like a regular ol episode of Stargate. The ones I loved so dearly. And the ones I still hold close to my heart.

You guys can tell me to shut up now.

Comment

Looks aweosme!

You should inlcude a spoiler warning, since it does have upcoming spoilers though Morjana.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        Looks aweosme!

You should inlcude a spoiler warning, since it does have upcoming spoilers though Morjana.
        Maybe a moderator could put in spoiler space AND a spoiler warning in the title. While some of us love spoilers, many don't.

What would have been better is a link and then mention that it contained spoilers.

Comment

The spoiler warning I've added to the first post will suffice, prion.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
            The spoiler warning I've added to the first post will suffice, prion.
            Thank you for adding it, Darren.

Comment

Kinda reminds me of Babylon 5, and the whole Sinclair-Minbari deal.

Could be interesting...
              Last edited by Ramne; 09 September 2004, 10:14 AM.
              O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
              Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

This is bad, I used to be a fan of charmed but i went of it and moved to Stargate, Gideon I don’t think was that good, could they not charm it with Holly Marie Combs

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  Maybe a moderator could put in spoiler space AND a spoiler warning in the title. While some of us love spoilers, many don't.

What would have been better is a link and then mention that it contained spoilers.
                  You know Elyse, the article does indicated in the very first sentence that there are spoilers aheadL

**Gildart Jackson—best known for his recurring role as Gideon, the evil Elder, on The WB's Charmed—told SCI FI Wire that he's just wrapped production on "Before I Sleep," an upcoming episode of the SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate Atlantis.**

If someone reading that can't guess, glean, or discern that there are spoilers ahead in the article...

Maybe you want to take up a job helping people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

I'm sure they'd appreciate your help.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                    You know Elyse, the article does indicated in the very first sentence that there are spoilers aheadL

**Gildart Jackson—best known for his recurring role as Gideon, the evil Elder, on The WB's Charmed—told SCI FI Wire that he's just wrapped production on "Before I Sleep," an upcoming episode of the SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate Atlantis.**

If someone reading that can't guess, glean, or discern that there are spoilers ahead in the article...

Maybe you want to take up a job helping people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

I'm sure they'd appreciate your help.

Morjana
                    You're welcome! And yes, some people do appreciate being warned about spoilers...

The problem is that many people open up a post and scan (or speed read), do not read word by word, and they see the spoilers.

And it doesn't hurt to add spoiler space. After all, the rules on this forum DO say that. http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...q_spoilerspace

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                      This is bad, I used to be a fan of charmed but i went of it and moved to Stargate, Gideon I don’t think was that good, could they not charm it with Holly Marie Combs
                      Just who was Gideon?

Comment

I think he was the one who ran "The Magic School".

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                        X