David Nykl blog updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Poor david. I remember when I saw a flock of pink and blue sheep in Scotland, I thought, geez, they're graffiti-izing sheep now? and my friend, who majored in animal science, gave me all the details on WHY sheep are spraypainted pink and blue
    Okay, now you gotta elaborate!

When I was in Scotland we didn't see any sheep spraypainted with pink and blue.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Okay, now you gotta elaborate!

When I was in Scotland we didn't see any sheep spraypainted with pink and blue.
      Pretty sure it was Scotland. We drove the entire country - England, Wales, Scotland (who had miserably cold toilet seats, by the way)

Anyway, sheep are spraypainted different colors to denote which ram got frisky with them And she gave me more details on sheep and cold and what shrinks in the cold, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Pretty sure it was Scotland. We drove the entire country - England, Wales, Scotland (who had miserably cold toilet seats, by the way)
        LOL. Well thanks, that explains it. We rode bikes around parts of Scotland but stayed more to the coastline. In Wales we went on a hiking trip which was simply a fantastic trip but don't remember any sheep!

Originally posted by prion
        Anyway, sheep are spraypainted different colors to denote which ram got frisky with them And she gave me more details on sheep and cold and what shrinks in the cold, etc.
        LOL!
        sigpic

Comment

LOL. Well thanks, that explains it. We rode bikes around parts of Scotland but stayed more to the coastline. In Wales we went on a hiking trip which was simply a fantastic trip but don't remember any sheep!
          What part of Wales? I was in North Wales about 10 years ago, and there were sheep everywhere. I didn't see any spraypainted ones though! Gorgeous place. I'd also love to see Scotland someday.

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
            What part of Wales? I was in North Wales about 10 years ago, and there were sheep everywhere. I didn't see any spraypainted ones though! Gorgeous place. I'd also love to see Scotland someday.
            One place was a medival castle dig site which I think was way up North as the weather there changed faster then you could blink your eyes - I was taking a class in the UK at the time and we didn't see sheep around there.
            And then later some of us took a train trip and spent the day walking across the country side near Betsy'coed (can't spell the town). While I remember a tour through a Wool factory, I don't remember seeing any sheep and can't recall what they said as to where the sheep were. The trip was an absolutely wonderful experience!
            sigpic

Comment

SGA - David Nykl Blog Update Feb 24 '09 - NEW photos!:

At David Nykl's blog, Letters From Pegasus, update for February 24, 2009:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Getting Even More Famouser

Hello? Anybody still out there? Yoohoo?....

It's nice to see some of you guys still keeping up with this irregular little blog - sporadic as it may be. It's a pleasure to have you here.

It's pilot season in Los Angeles, which is like the actor's "Incredible Race", a no holds barred fight for the thirty jobs out there. Whew. Better watch out, Leo and Johnny, I'll be in the room too. And I came by zebra.

The sun is sure a nice change. Not having seen it since October up in Vancouver, being in L.A. is like coming out of a matinee of a David Lynch film - blinded, confused and warm inside. Hard to describe. (By the way his weather reports are brilliant.) ...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

March 4th

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...-into-bar.html

...and the bartender says "what'll it be?..." and the Wraith goes: "I'll have the tuscan chicken quesadilla with the tabouli salad" and the first doctor says "I'll have the Huevos Rancheros and a coffee" and the second doctor goes "Do you have rye toast?".
                ...and that's all of the joke that I can remember.

GO TO LINK for more, plus photo of Paul McGillion!

Comment

March 14

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/

Quick post, no pictures... oh well here have one - (Hi Chuck and Jerry - remember work?...)
                  Looks as though I'll be a last minute addition to the line up at the Creation convention in Vancouver April 3rd (The Friday, I believe) Even though I'm not yet on the website because, well I don't know why. So come on out. I'll see you there. (More on this later, when I have more time...)
                  sigpic

Comment

March 26, 2009

Will work for Argand diagrams.
                    Saw Mr Hewlett last week. He's doing well. Also in Los Angeles. Getting off an exploding planet is easy, getting out of LA - not so much.
                    Looking forward to Creation con next week in Vancouver. They tell me that I'm going to be in the cabaret on Friday evening. Oh really? ...That should be interesting.
                    Speaking of interesting here's a great link if you have a spare hundred minutes and a high speed connection. Those channel Four people have got it going on! Hope they pull out of the financial mess. I hope we all do. Oh and one more: I'm going to see this for sure.

Go to the link for a nice pic of David Nykl with David Hewlett
                    sigpic

Comment

March 26, 2009

Will work for Argand diagrams.
                      Saw Mr Hewlett last week. He's doing well. Also in Los Angeles. Getting off an exploding planet is easy, getting out of LA - not so much.
                      Looking forward to Creation con next week in Vancouver. They tell me that I'm going to be in the cabaret on Friday evening. Oh really? ...That should be interesting.
                      Speaking of interesting here's a great link if you have a spare hundred minutes and a high speed connection. Those channel Four people have got it going on! Hope they pull out of the financial mess. I hope we all do. Oh and one more: I'm going to see this for sure.

Go to the link for a nice pic of David Nykl with David Hewlett
                      I loved the photo. taken in, hmm, underground parking garage?? Well, that California sun. Canadians aren't used to it

Comment

SGA - David Nykl's Blog Update Apr 6 '09:

From David Nykl's blog, "Letters From Pegasus,' update for April 6, 2009:

(Please follow the link to view new photos and for the complete blog update!)

That was fun...

... Back in Vancouver with several little fun projects brewing. The kettle is
                        finally getting warm. I took a 500 photo "picture movie" of my drive up the I-5
                        with shots every few minutes, hoping to make a kind of Phillip Glass sense out
                        of all that open country. Not sure it worked.

Posted by Dr Z at 10:39 PM

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

David's updated his blog today! He's keeping busy!

May 11, 2008

Is it May already? Where has the time gone?...
                          I'll tell you where it's gone - to work. A flurry of little jobs came my way this past month, which is nice considering McGillion's got himself a cameo in a recent blockbuster. I gotta keep up!
                          I finished a great little short called "Voodoo" courtesy of the Kickstart program and Mark Ratzlaff and Co. Quite fine. Worked with some lovely and talented actresses. Ali Liebert and Camille Sullivan. (above) Lucky me.
                          And a commercial. Well kind of a commercial - a PSA even. Those of you in Canada will see it soon enough. Just shot it on Friday. We recommend you don't plan on drowning. Just don't.
                          And auditions, of course. Oh and some directing too! That's going to be fun. I'm just prepping my directorial return to the Chemainus stage with the stage adaptation of the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, which I'll be directing later in June. That'll be fun.
                          What else - spoke to Joe Mallozzi today - he told me about the Atlantis script and some "chunky" Zelenka scenes coming! So don't despair, ye Atlantis faithful. There's still more Zelenka coming!!
                          sigpic

Comment

June 24, 2009

David updated his blog today.

The picture is hilarious!

Hey! Long time no blog entry. Where have I been?
                            In Narnia, so to speak. In Chemainus actually, which is like Narnia, except for without the fauns. I'm in tech week for our kid's show out here on the island, and it's going swimmingly. Great cast and great prodution team. Remember that SNL short, the Chronicles of Narnia? I keep singing that in my head. Come on out if you're in the neighbourhood. We open July 1st.
                            And then it's off to Toronto! Yahoo! Haven't been there in ages. See you at Polaris - or Toronto Trek, or whatsit called, and lo and behold, I've just checked the website and I see that that other guy is going to be there too. Why does he keep following me around?...
                            And then, then! it's off to Australia for another spin at Best of Both Worlds. I've always had lots of fun there - looking forward to that one!
                            Busy summer! I'll be back with a fresh batch of where in the world pics soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Some nice pics, including one with David growing a mustache!

July 14, 2009

Wasn't that fun...
                              Big thank you for all of you who came out to Markham, Ontario last weekend - and Polaris 23. You forded rivers, flew from Ireland, drove via Montreal - endured all sorts of hardships to get there... so kudos to you. Once you knew where it was it was easy to find. Am I right? It was great to see Dave and Kate again, and a lot of fun chatting with them for what seemed an eternity up there...
                              Sad news from the Australian newsdesk here at Zelenka Industries - the July convention there has been postponed till November. I think we're just waiting for the Australian continent to drift .004 metres closer to North America in the interim so that it's not so far to go. Or something like that.
                              I'm off for some work, be back shortly...
                              sigpic

Comment

David updated his blog

September 11, 2009

[Photo]
                                I haven't posted here in almost two months! How crass. How unbefitting. How un-up-to-the-minute-micro-blogging of me. How horrible it must be to not know what I've been doing.
                                So to remedy that I'll do I twitter style update of everything I did from the last post:
                                "Clicked Publish Post. Stood up. Went to window. Phone rang. Picked it up. Talked. Put phone down. Ate a cookie. Went out to backyard. Remembered something I forgot to get from inside. Went back inside... Whoa. This could take a while. How much time do you have?...
                                Let's hit the high points: I've been writing. A script (yes!) Auditioning - hit and miss - meeting with various people about various things (I'm superstitious - don't like to disclose things until they're set - also helps create sense of mystery) Got stranded in a remote inlet on a non-starting 16 ft boat. Learned to fix outboard engines - sort of (see previous). Translated several scripts, and a few drier than dry academic papers. Built some stairs. Went to L.A. few times. Motorcycle tour of Vancouver island... what else. Oh yeah. Had an audition the other day at the Bridge studios - I tell you it was weird going back there - saw some recognizable faces, but otherwise it's the new deal over there.

[Photo]Oh yeah. One more thing: I shaved. Sort of.
                                Thank you. Thank you very much. Be back soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X