• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    David Blogged again.

Friday, September 26, 2008

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com

Okay, so now they've had to take the Large Hadron Collider offline because it was overheating. Well duh. I could see that one coming. I kept telling them 'just pull over and top up that radiator fluid' but did they listen?.. They NEVER listen to me...
    Went to some pretty cool forums today at the Vancouver Film Festival. It was TV Day and the topic was "Series That Have Legs". Ironic, no? And you know what was the most common factor cited as "hooking" and audience? -- Character. Good strong, identifiable characters. They draw an audience.
    Whew. There's hope for me yet... (so if you know any exec. producers out there looking to cast a series - bump my name up, will ya?)
    Speaking of hope in troubled times: watched the US presidential debate on TV tonight (the Canadian election was on another channel, but it wasn't as good a show) and I must say I was impressed with the level of debating going on. It was sure a relief to hear intelligent discussion after what we've been seeing and hearing for the past eight years. I wish you guys well. I wish us ALL well. Pick the right guy.
    Can you guess the song Robert Picardo is playing?
    Nice pictures too!!

Comment

David updates his blog today! October 27, 2008

Another heartfelt thanks to fans. Looks like his is out looking for work!

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com

Some nice pics!

You guys are the best. Really. Your posts, emails and support are very encouraging as we wrap up production on our fifth and final season of SG:A. I mean how many people during these tough economic times have a group with placards and guitars show up to protest the end of your job? You don't know how much I appreciate your support, because I don't say it enough: so thanks. Thanks for your posts and emails, your pictures, poems and ahem, imaginations. You're wonderful.
      Now with a bit of free time on my hands, I pulled out the map and revisited something I've wanted to do since I was nine. I've always wanted to explore the thousands of kilometres of logging roads in the mountains up the coast from Vancouver. There's so many compelling places on the map that are simply empty of anything except a dotted line indicating a hiking trail or deactivated logging road. "I wonder what's there..."
      I spent three days a few weeks ago on my motorbike in the hills above Jervis Inlet. The weather was glorious and the bears were cooperative - opting to leave the trail when they heard me approaching. A good thing too, because they've been loading up on calories for the winter and 20 pounds of blackberries makes for an ursine sugar rush I don't want to witness.
      A week later, I was back on the mean streets, this time in L.A. and without the benefit of an internal combustion engine. I opted to do most of my biking at Venice beach - but you don't actually go anywhere except up and down the boardwalk. And I had people to meet, things to do, places to go. Besides, the wildlife was scaring me.
      Los Angeles, auditions, and peddle as fast as you can. That's the best way to evade the bear.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Halloween!

Just a photo

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/2008/10/boo.html

Comment

David blogged again! Three times in one week....he's on a roll!

Some lovely pics and David's wearing a suit in one of them!

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/

Almost election day down there isn't it?... go VOTE!!!
          It's also almost Philadelphia time! Finally I'm coming out to the east coast! See you all in just a few days! ...And speaking of Jason Momoa and Gary Jones: here's two pics from the last few days of shooting. Poor Jason and that horrible wolverine incident. I hope his ass gets better...
          sigpic

Comment

Another blog update.

David posted lovely pics of people at the NJ convention and his trip to New York.

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...y-hillnyc.html

Whoosh. That's how fast it goes. Four days. WHOOSH. Like the November wind. Four days on the eastcoast. Everything's much closer together and there's lots of trains everywhere. You can get around pretty fast. Relatively. -Exept maybe Brooklyn on a Saturday night.
            Cherry Hill was terrific, it was great to meet those of you I had a chance to talk to. I did't really see much of Philly, it was all about New York this time aroud. Went to the MOMA, saw Chekhov's "The Seagull" on Broadway with Kristin Scott Thomas, Stellan Skarsgaard, and Mackenzie Crook the guy from the English version of the Office. It was good - just good, unfortunately - it needed a lot more of that slavic despair and humour - a tough thing to get for most Chekhov productions I've seen in the west. Hey - everybody's a critic, right?
            Thanks for all your comments and wishes. Be back soon...
            sigpic

Comment

David posted today with some pics! He's been working on a new movie:

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...m-de-yada.html

I love the mountains too. Isn't that a great commercial?...
              Well here we are. December. If you're tucked into this corner of the world December looks and feels much like that first picture: wet and gloomy. Great weather to make a movie..
              I've been filming an MOW - movie of the week - in Maple Ridge for the past few weeks. I play the main baddie, a CEO with the heart of a crouton. Now how did they ever come up with a charcter like that?! I get to make life difficult for our herione, Shannen Doherty by kidnapping her boyfriend. Muhahahaha... ohp - have I given away too much already? Anyway, watch for it, coming soon to a cable channel (I'm guessing) near you. It's called "Resistance".
              The dressing rooms (above) have got much nicer wallpaper than we had on Atlantis. See. Change IS good.

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                David posted today with some pics! He's been working on a new movie:

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...m-de-yada.html

I love the mountains too. Isn't that a great commercial?...
                Well here we are. December. If you're tucked into this corner of the world December looks and feels much like that first picture: wet and gloomy. Great weather to make a movie..
                I've been filming an MOW - movie of the week - in Maple Ridge for the past few weeks. I play the main baddie, a CEO with the heart of a crouton. Now how did they ever come up with a charcter like that?! I get to make life difficult for our herione, Shannen Doherty by kidnapping her boyfriend. Muhahahaha... ohp - have I given away too much already? Anyway, watch for it, coming soon to a cable channel (I'm guessing) near you. It's called "Resistance".
                The dressing rooms (above) have got much nicer wallpaper than we had on Atlantis. See. Change IS good.
                NICE photos!!

Comment

An update from David, with a lovely scenic picture- make sure you click on it to see the large version!

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...ic-inflow.html

Snow. And again. I've not seen this much in this city for over a dozen years at least. And it's not about to go anywhere. It's going to stay piled up right on top of my car, and then freeze, and then compress with the salt and turn into a sedentary layer of white limestone betraying to future civic paeleontologists the location of that 1/2 inch copper hose coupling I dropped today and could not find anywhere. Burst outdoor piping. Don't ask.
                  I've heard the meteorologists down south repeat the phrase "arctic air coming down from Canada" when this kind of weather blows in. We don't have no 'Canada' to blame up here. Instead the weatherpeople use the ominous "arctic inflow" to describe weather that's meant for Edmonton but somehow ends up getting lost and howls down the coast. And let me tell you "arctic inflow" ain't no appliance manufacturer. It's nasty cold. Above is a picture of the inflow inflowing - on a recent crossing of Hotham sound. That's cold you can see.
                  But it will soon be Christmas. And that's good. So let me take this chance to wish you all a wonderful Christmas, and a healthy, happy, prosperous New Year.
                  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

2009 Bloggie Awards - Nominations:

The 2009 Bloggie Awards are accepting Nominations --

What You Need to Know

A "weblog" is defined as a page with dated entries.

The contest is open to any weblogs that existed for a period of time
                    during the year 2008, so weblogs that were discontinued during 2008
                    are also eligible.

Only one nomination form and one finalist voting form may be submitted
                    per person.

E-mail addresses are required to vote. You must use your own address
                    and confirm the validation e-mail.

If you attempt to submit a second ballot, your first one will be
                    replaced.

In the nomination phase:

URLs are required.

At least three (3) different weblogs total must be nominated.

There is no limit to the number of categories a weblog may be
                    nominated for.

Nominees have to fit the category they are placed in.

Weblogs may win a category over multiple years a maximum of three times.

Here's a chance to nominate your favorite web blogs, including

David Nykl's 'Letters From Pegasus':

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - David Nykl Blog Update Jan 12 '09 - NEW Photo:

At David Nykl's Letters from Pegasus blog update for January 12, 2009:

(Photo of David and friend at the link above. Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Monday, January 12, 2009

"Hey did you notice how I saved the world last Friday night?

I should put that on my resume. "Saved the World. Jan 09/09" Did you notice that? The idea for the thingy? You know... "Enemy at the Gate" ..?

That was, as I understand (and sometimes I don't understand much) the last and final episode of Stargate Atlantis last Friday night.

... At any rate - I want to thank the Producers for a great gig, the Writers for some terrific and memorable scenes, my other Cast mates for their integrity and talent - it really was great working with you, and to a production team that isn't just the best in the world as the old cliche goes, but instead is, without a doubt, the best in two galaxies. At' se zas n?kdy potkáme...

That's a picture of me and a goat. Because pictures are necessary in a blog.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - David Nykl Blog Update Jan 19 '09:

At David Nykl's Letters From Pegasus blog update for January 19, 2009:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Danny Boy

Anyone going to be in Ireland this weekend? Yeah?... I'll see you there! Come on down to Cork and Warpcon ... The first trip of '09 has me jetting across the Atlantic to the emerald isle where my prose writing will get even more purple as I attempt to catch up with the linguistic acrobatics of a nation that has a lot to say. The Celtic Tiger, The Luck of the Irish, and all that Blarney. I'm really looking forward to it ...

~~**~~**

Warpcon site

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/ February 2, 2009

David's blog again. Looks like he had a great time in Ireland, some really lovely pics!

Closing night, Carran's, in Cork City
                          On Galway sands they kiss your hands./They kiss your lips at Carney./ But on the Lee they drink strong tea/ and kiss the stone that's Blarney.
                          I remember seeing a cheesy postcard or some such with a cartoon representation of a leprechaun kissing a stone labeled Blarney. They were out on a field somewhere and the stone was just that, a rock in a field with grass growing underneath it. Now I knew enough that not all Irish people are four foot nothing and sport ginger beards, green hats and long pipes (actually, on second thought...) but for some reason the idea of the Blarney stone being a boulder in a field somehow stuck in my subconscious.
                          Fast forward to last Thursday and my surprise that in order to actually kiss the Blarney stone, you have to lie down on slippery rain soaked ramparts over a hundred feet up at the top of Blarney castle, literally bend over backwards while a rain soaked dude (bloke - chap?) holds you by the waist and basically shoves your face into the castle wall while his buddy takes your picture (ten euros, if you please).
                          Reality: one. Preconceptions: zero. And the tower of Pisa is not held up by Greg from Baltimore like in those pictures you always see.
                          But Ireland. What to say. It was lovely. Of course. I drove most of the south western peninsulas (the rental car has a handy reminder sticker on the dashboard: Stay Left <--- ) and the weather broke for those three days, so I actually saw the peninsulas Beara, Iveragh and Dingle. I was expecting it to be much colder, but the gulf stream keeps the lucky Irish in a mild and wet winter, where many people have sub-tropical plants in their gardens.
                          My thanks to the Warpcon people (Noirin, Karen, Steve, Eoin - did I spell that right?) and their hospitality. It was, like the Guiness, smooth and rich
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 03 February 2009, 03:02 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/ February 2, 2009

David's blog again. Looks like he had a great time in Ireland, some really lovely pics!

Yup, nice shots!

Comment

David shared some more pics of his trip to Ireland!

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/ February 10, 2009

I'm not done with Ireland yet. I got a couple more pictures...

The first one is a picture of a typical Irish homestead. Becaue of the balmy weather there is no need for a front door, or even corners, insulation and roof gutters. I couldn' help but wonder where all the rain goes and how the Irish make their toast since I couldn't see any electrical plugs. Very resourceful people. I was lucky they weren't home too. By the way, the Burren was amazing: I don't think I've ever seen anything 6000 years old.
                              The second picture I can't explain; only that I like the trend to wearing blue and red blotches on your nape. I'm going to start doing that.
                              Okay enough sillines. Time to be serious: I'm in Los Angeles, a place that tolerates no ridiculous behaviour. I saw the good Paul McGillion last night, he says hi to you all (actually he didn't, I'm just saying that, but I'm sure he would) and we've finally put the finishing touches on our plan to take over the world. More on that later...
                              sigpic

Comment

Poor david. I remember when I saw a flock of pink and blue sheep in Scotland, I thought, geez, they're graffiti-izing sheep now? and my friend, who majored in animal science, gave me all the details on WHY sheep are spraypainted pink and blue

Comment

Working...
                                X