Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and to agree and strengthen sgeureka's fine words, there's no criteria for "an SGX fan" or "a true fan" or whatever. S'compeltely pointless to start throwing those around.

Oy, Kuroro, Sam-wis, it's a shame you skipped Uninvited. T'was pretty ridiculous but had some very good Sam moments. TBH, after the abysmal handling of Sam in seasons 7-8 (and quite lack of in season 9), I'm really enjoying her again in season 10. A lot.
    (Sigh, re-watching the show with my newly addicted flatmate and hearing his comments just emphasises how great Sam was in the early seasons and what terrible mistakes have been made regarding her character )

As for Pegasus Project, I actually enjoyed the cross-over. I tend to like cross-overs, TBH. I think they're done extermely well in the shows.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
      Good question actually. Geminis and Leos are Canadian awards, right? Perhaps this is the answer. Saturn Awards were originated in USA... so it's quite possible that their rules as what amount of screen time qualifies the actors for Lead or Supporting category is sligthly different than in Canada.

It would be good to compare who was nominated for the Best Actress category in the same years for Saturn Award and compare their parts. But if in the years 2000-2003 it was Claudia Black, then Aeryn Sun is definitely much more the main female character than Sam Carter.
      Actually, no. As a person who's watched both all of Stargate and all of Farscape, Sam's actually a much more central character in those years in Stargate than Aeryn Sun is in Farscape. And she's definitely female lead. Since things are divided into male lead/support and female lead/support, she can qualify as nothing but female lead. Especially in the years in question.
      I suspect this is more award politics than an actually sense-making decision.
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

It would be good to compare who was nominated for the Best Actress category in the same years for Saturn Award and compare their parts. But if in the years 2000-2003 it was Claudia Black, then Aeryn Sun is definitely much more the main female character than Sam Carter.
        I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          Actually, no. As a person who's watched both all of Stargate and all of Farscape, Sam's actually a much more central character in those years in Stargate than Aeryn Sun is in Farscape. And she's definitely female lead. Since things are divided into male lead/support and female lead/support, she can qualify as nothing but female lead. Especially in the years in question.
          I suspect this is more award politics than an actually sense-making decision.
          Not so sure of that. I'm pretty certain that in USA everybody who is UNDER the title is categorized as supporting actor/actress. The only LEAD in SG-1 was RDA. Everybody else including AT was supporting cast.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Not so sure of that. I'm pretty certain that in USA everybody who is UNDER the title is categorized as supporting actor/actress. The only LEAD in SG-1 was RDA. Everybody else including AT was supporting cast.
            That is incorrect. The way I understand it, the first person in the credits (whether before or after the title) is the first lead. The second person is second lead, and so on. I've always heard that the supporting cast were those who were after the leading man and leading lady. So on SG, the supporting cast would include everyone but Ben and Amanda. Though Michael's and credit doesn't quite fall into those categories so neatly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
              That is incorrect. The way I understand it, the first person in the credits (whether before or after the title) is the first lead. The second person is second lead, and so on. I've always heard that the supporting cast were those who were after the leading man and leading lady. So on SG, the supporting cast would include everyone but Ben and Amanda. Though Michael's and credit doesn't quite fall into those categories so neatly.
              See, I thought AT was always the female lead simply because she was the ONLY female lead.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                See, I thought AT was always the female lead simply because she was the ONLY female lead.
                And I thought she was female lead because she was the first female in the credits. Even though Claudia is there, Amdanda's still the female lead. Claudia is 4th in the credits, which makes her a supporting cast member, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  I thought so too...

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                    Before we start a battle in this thread about what one can say and what not - please remember this thread is not called "Keep this SG-1 character out - SAVE SGA!" *checks-the-thread-title*

Although this thread currently strongly points in the anti-Sam territory, do not assume to speak for all the SGA fans in this thread when you read contrary opinions. Of course, as a SG-1 fan, I'm kind of happy that Sam will be in a couple of episodes in S4, as I won't be seeing much of the SG-1 characters next year. And as a SGA fan I also have some worries, most are certainly justified. (I've already stated that.)

So, TPTB want to do something that they think will please the SG-1 crowd... Why not, I ask? Because as a true (yeah, right) SGA fan you have to hate everything reminding of SG-1? Something that's been part of SGA for all previous seasons?

At the moment, no-one knows how many episodes AT will do (I personally guess around 6). If you have never liked cross-overs, then fine. No problems with that on my side. Not at all. Then that's just a personal preference.

But I won't applaud when I'm being told what I have to think, say or do if I want to consider myself part of the big SGA fan group.

(This post was to the general reader. It was just something that I noticed pretty early on in the thread and I wanted to point that out. )
                    Well, you quoted me on that, so I'll defend myself... I did not say in any form that every SGA fan thinks like me or has to think like me, all I said was that most people here understand how I feel and from what I've read, I think that's the case.. I did not tell you what to think nor did I speak for all the SGA fans..

Why would you think that I hate everything about SG-1.. that's just plain not true... I like the show! Always have and still do and I was pretty down when I heard it wasn't renewed.. I like it as a seperate show however. As soon as they cross over too much, it just doesn't feel right to me... Out of place...
                    *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

That's the way I understood it too. MS' special category (like Beau Bridges, David Hewlett and Paul McGillion) is supposed to break this pattern, but otherwise, the first male billed is male lead, the first female billed is female lead. I think, at any rate, not any kind of an expert.
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                        That's the way I understood it too. MS' special category (like Beau Bridges, David Hewlett and Paul McGillion) is supposed to break this pattern, but otherwise, the first male billed is male lead, the first female billed is female lead. I think, at any rate, not any kind of an expert.
                        Hmm, I always thought it is arranged in alphabetical order. Leading man/woman first, then everyone else sorted by the first letter of their last name, then those who get extra credit (as they're often actors who are better known already and whose agents negotiated the special mention).

Bye, A.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

This is interesting in case of MS - he was nominated twice as a supporting actor and once as the main actor for Saturn Award. And for Leo Awards he was nominated as the Lead, but for the specific episode from the show, not for the whole series.
                          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

And I thought she was female lead because she was the first female in the credits. Even though Claudia is there, Amdanda's still the female lead. Claudia is 4th in the credits, which makes her a supporting cast member, I believe.
                            Well, I think we're talking about two different time periods then. I meant pre-S9. Obviously, if we're talking post-S8, then yes, AT plays the female lead because she's the first female in the credits.

I personally don't think there's a question between the two characters, but that's just because I look at it from a tenure perspective. Of course there are others who'd wholly disagree with that assessment.

Oh, one honest question... What does the Leo/Gemini/Saturn business have to do with AT and S4 of Atlantis again? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                              Here's an idea... focus on whut's actually happening and don't let fan ideas ruffel your feathers.
                              What, can't I express my feelings on here anymore?? I didn't insult or offend anyone (although some think so -> not you) with what I said and I just responded how I felt about your post and what that could mean to Atlantis.

Whut if she's just on the bridge of the Daedalus as Caldwell's sidekick? That's whut I'm expecting. I like it when McKay guest stars on SG-1, and I like it when Carter guest stars on Atlantis.
                              I give you that, she can be Caldwell's sidekick

Are you trying to spoil the show for me? I haven't read any confirmations, so I will treat your claims as rumor.
                              No, I'm not trying to do anything like that.. Another thing you said that I responded to with the information that I have... Treat it as you want!

Vala was toned down when she joined the SG-1 main cast in Season 10.
                              Unfortunately, we're not talking about Vala, we're talking about McKay...

Some of us like crossover episodes.
                              Oh yes, I'm sure! Some of us hate them

Yes, I am.
                              OK, let me rephrase that. You obviously like SG-1 better than Atlantis, so I still don't expect you to fully comprehend how I feel
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I don't think it matters about whether or not AT's lead actress or not.

If TPTB are trying to save money by getting rid of Beckett, then bringing AT in's not helping.

Even if she's not the lead actress...she's been going through contract negotiations every year since Sci Fi picked up the show...that means it's gonna cost TPTB a hell of a lot more for her than any member of the SGA cast.

It comes down to economics...nothing more.

I loved SG1...I love Atlantis.

And I'm sorry SG1 fans...but I seem to be seeing a lot more press attention for SG1 and a lot more bashing of SGA by SG1 fans.
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X