Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
    Too bad.
    Yeah, the best picture in the whole series, the double page spread of the Wraith group in the city, was on the account and was the one that made me buy the comics in the first place.

Comment

The preview issue have some very nice artwork pages, also there are some notes from the editor, other than that there is nothing different. I would not say it is worth getting unless one is either a completist or you get it cheap. I got it because I got the comics as a lot. That being said the artwork inside is nice. Also I think some of the comic sections are in black and white but I might remember that wrong and are thinking of another comic series.

Almost all settings and series, even with one writer have small mistakes and inconsistencies, and many are enjoyable, however there is inconsistencies and there is inconsistencies, some are more serious than others. I however like to think of the novels as part of the Stargate setting even if it is not completely cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
        Many Wiki writers consider the printed material as quasi-canon that should still be documented. With MGM in financial trouble, there is even more interest in Stargate- related products. These documentations help to find and keep track of those products.
        by "wiki writers" i assume you mean "Jaymach" on the wikia site. He can demote admins so no one else questions him, and he is some "inclusionist" who believes everything is canon. Thus he is the reason why people say that wiki is unreliable, which it is.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          by "wiki writers" i assume you mean "Jaymach" on the wikia site. He can demote admins so no one else questions him, and he is some "inclusionist" who believes everything is canon. Thus he is the reason why people say that wiki is unreliable, which it is.
          I can see by your signature that you are passionate about Stargate and Wiki writing and do not consider the comic to be canon. Perhaps Jaymach takes the opposite approach. I am somewhere in the middle, which reflects the variety of different opinions in regards to the books. Some readers say they are, some say they are not, and some consider them quasi-canon. Footnotes for documenting where the information came from is helpful. The readers can use the sources to decide for themselves if the information in the comics and books is canon or not.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
            I can see by your signature that you are passionate about Stargate and Wiki writing and do not consider the comic to be canon. Perhaps Jaymach takes the opposite approach. I am somewhere in the middle, which reflects the variety of different opinions in regards to the books. Some readers say they are, some say they are not, and some consider them quasi-canon. Footnotes for documenting where the information came from is helpful. The readers can use the sources to decide for themselves if the information in the comics and books is canon or not.
            He uses ANYTHING that has Stargate in the name and considers it canon, changing everything around, and by the comments i have seen (which still continue) many people are confused by it. Example - the Wraith "Bonewhite"....who the hell it that! Apparently it is Kenny. Show of hands how many would call him "Bonewhite".............i see no one has raised their hand. He is a dictator on that wiki and will ban people who show any resistance.

Only like 5% of Stargate fans would read the books, comics etc and only like 0.000001% of fans who read them will edit that wiki.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Bonewhite can not be Kenny. In Homecoming Todd is mushing over who will replace him as leader of the alliance and Bonewhite is on the short list of candidates. However Kenny is the one who betrayed him and build the super Hive as if I am not mistaken by the time of Homecoming Kenny is dead.

The way I would prefer it in a Wiki is if all information available is there from the series, novels, audiobooks, computer games, novels anything. However that all information not from the series itself are marked and then it is said that this information comes from the comics and this information come from whatever. That way we get all the information, however it is made clear whatever or not the information is from the TV series itself or some other source.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagazussa View Post
                Spoiler:
                Bonewhite can not be Kenny. In Homecoming Todd is mushing over who will replace him as leader of the alliance and Bonewhite is on the short list of candidates. However Kenny is the one who betrayed him and build the super Hive as if I am not mistaken by the time of Homecoming Kenny is dead.

The way I would prefer it in a Wiki is if all information available is there from the series, novels, audiobooks, computer games, novels anything. However that all information not from the series itself are marked and then it is said that this information comes from the comics and this information come from whatever. That way we get all the information, however it is made clear whatever or not the information is from the TV series itself or some other source.
                I like source-marking and knowing what all is available to purchase too.

Spoiler:
                Kenny didn't take the ZPM-powered hive. That was a different Wraith with different hair and tattoos. Kenny has a forked tattoo under his eye; the other Wraith has a pair of tattoos on his forehead.

Here is the EATG transcript and credits, which never list Kenny:
                http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/520.shtml

Here are photos of the different Wraith that actor portrayed, all of which were different:
                Spoiler:

On page 36 of Homecoming, Todd thought Bonewhite would be the most likely candidate for commanding the hive in his absence. Author Melissa Scott posted some of their photos on her LiveJourmal account. Kenny, with his forked tattoo, is Bonewhite.
                http://mescott.livejournal.com/4096.html

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I thought Kenny where Todd's second in command who made the super hive and took the ZPMs. Did not Todd say his second in command betrayed him?

Hum...is something wrong with the feeding organ of the Wraith on the last picture, it looks very red and half open, or have just make up made it a bit strange this time?

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I thought Kenny where Todd's second in command who made the super hive and took the ZPMs. Did not Todd say his second in command betrayed him?

Hum...is something wrong with the feeding organ of the Wraith on the last picture, it looks very red and half open, or have just make up made it a bit strange this time?
                    It is open to get ready to convert Ronon some more in "Broken Ties."

Spoiler:

Todd refers to the traitorous "EATG" Wraith as an underling and a scientist, but not his Second:

TODD: It wasn't pilot error – I was attacked by one of my underlings.

and

TODD: I put my best scientists to work on this project and recently one of them succeeded.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/520.shtml

Comment

It is open to get ready to convert Ronon some more in "Broken Ties."
                      An yes, that would explain it.

Spoiler:
                      Todd refers to the traitorous "EATG" Wraith as an underling and a scientist, but not his Second:

TODD: It wasn't pilot error – I was attacked by one of my underlings.

and

TODD: I put my best scientists to work on this project and recently one of them succeeded.
                      Yes you are right, he never said it was his second in command who betrayed him. So Kenny the second in command did not betray Todd and is still alive lurking about the Pegasus galaxy?

Comment

An yes, that would explain it.

Spoiler:

Yes you are right, he never said it was his second in command who betrayed him. So Kenny the second in command did not betray Todd and is still alive lurking about the Pegasus galaxy?
                        He also has drones to wipe off his hand.

Spoiler:
                        That is what I am going with. I also think he would have warned the Lanteans if it was Kenny, because they would know him.

Comment

I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I thought I'd share this picture from one of the comics that made me laugh.

Spoiler:

Is Greg's brother out to get revenge on Sheppard for Greg's death?
                          The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                            Is Greg's brother out to get revenge on Sheppard for Greg's death?
                            *ponders Greg's brother with fluffy hair and single goatee*

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good read except for the very end.
                              Or as in how they "defeated" the Wraith.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Well the wikia site uses the same citation templates for everything so if you were simply reading you wouldnt notice. Ever notice how when that site is mentioned all people do is complain, its because it is untrustworthy, unlike my site.

Comment

Working...
                                X