No announcement yet.

Repackaged DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How am I to know if the stock photo will match the product? That's why I'm asking here, in case anyone has recently acquired a set from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      How am I to know if the stock photo will match the product? That's why I'm asking here, in case anyone has recently acquired a set from Amazon.
      If the photo doesn't match the photo, then they shipped you the wrong product

Comment

You are failing to understand me. I have not bought anything yet from Amazon. I will pose my original question again as clearly as possible. I am collecting the series. I have Seasons 1, 2, & 4 in the "new" packaging. For consistency's sake, I'd like to buy Season 3 & 5 in the "new" packaging. However, my local Walmart no longer sells the DVD's. If I were to buy them from Amazon.com, would I be getting the original or new packaging?

Comment

You are failing to understand me. I have not bought anything yet from Amazon. I will pose my original question again as clearly as possible. I am collecting the series. I have Seasons 1, 2, & 4 in the "new" packaging. For consistency's sake, I'd like to buy Season 3 & 5 in the "new" packaging. However, my local Walmart no longer sells the DVD's. If I were to buy them from Amazon.com, would I be getting the original or new packaging?
          If you got this one I would say no, but if you got this one I would say yes, two different products, I'm using Season 1 as an example.

Original:
          Season 1
          Season 2
          Season 3
          Season 4
          Season 5

New:
          Season 1
          Season 2
          Season 3
          Season 4
          Season 5
          Last edited by General Jumper One; 20 May 2011, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Has anyone recently ordered any Atlantis DvDs on Amazon and know if you will get the new slim set over the old package (as displayed on Amazon)?

Comment

You should be getting the new packaging but be sure to check the SKU on the Amazon page you are ordering from to make sure it matches with the SKU for the new packaging just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Sku?

Comment

Sku?
                  barcode thing.

Comment

I bought the first four seasons of Atlantis from the same seller, like new condition, the most expensive of which was $10. They were all box sets I decided to order the fifth season from Amazon, and I got the newest one. Made me want to start collecting the newest ones but I'm a poor college student, so I instead sent it back and I have the season five boxset on the way from another seller on Amazon.

Kind of disappointing cause Universe (haven't tried out yet) was only released in the newest packaging, so it will never match if I get them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Why do you need all three shows to match? Matching seasons within a series, I understand, but for the whole franchise? Unrealistic.

Comment

Why do you need all three shows to match? Matching seasons within a series, I understand, but for the whole franchise? Unrealistic.
                        Cause I'm a little more ocd than most when it comes to this sort of thing. But it won't bother me enough to make me buy them all again JUST for that reason...Lol
                        sigpic

Comment

I've got SG-1 Seasons 1-8 in the original packaging and Seasons 9-10 in the slim-case packaging. I don't mind that the later seasons don't match given there's the O'Neill/Goa'uld years (Seasons 1-8) and the Mitchell/Ori years (Seasons 9-10).

I've also got the first season of Atlantis in the slim-cases in the cardboard sleeve. However, Wal-Mart started selling the new compressed "white" movie-style cases with pages inside to hold all five discs. Brilliant! I picked up Seasons 1&2 (they were packaged together) and Season 4 later on (Season 3 was sold out). I plan to sell the first season (eventually) and pick up Seasons 4&5, hopefully in the new "white" cases. It has less to do with consistency and more to do with the fact that the newer packaging is very sturdy compared to the slim cases.

Comment

Yeah that's the other reason I eventually want to replace the sets...The newer ones seem to more resistant to damage...The slim cases (I wouldn't be able to handle the bigger cases) I would be very worried about damaging them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just a little heads up...If you want to get the repackaged seasons, Amazon is selling all seasons $12.49-13.49.

SG-1 is also priced at 12.49 each right now
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Chris. I'm only missing Seasons 3&5. My mom has been pushing me to buy Season 3. Now I can jump on this, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X