Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here looked really close At the Atlantis Season 3 boxset?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here's a bigger version of good!boxset:

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
      Yeah I always noticed Rodney and Ronon look really really odd. They're quite disproportional.

Also Amanda Tapping on the cover of season 4 boxset looks really strange. Like she has way too much blush on and they mustv'e done something with her nose too.
      http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...tlantis_s4.jpg
      Sam looks like she's been photoshopped into her own daughter on Sanctuary, or at least turned to plastic. Rodney looks like he got a little heavy-handed with the eye makeup. Teyla and Ronon look normal, apart from the 'ahhh orange!' thing.

The SG-1 S10 box is really photoshopped, too. They look like the comic-book versions of themselvse.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        And here's a bigger version of good!boxset:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f..._s3set_fpo.jpg
        I agree. That is much better for Season 3 then the other one. I think they need to stick with the team photos or go with that style (if that isn't a picture taken altogether. Probably not.)

I think out of all 4 seasons that have been released so far, Season 2 is the best. The characters look like they should and the art style flows great. I also liked the metallic green on the cover that shined.

They should have followed that style for the other box sets that followed.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 February 2009, 05:30 PM. Reason: img tag removal from quote

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronjw View Post
          That is a little odd looking.

For anyone who doesn't own the box set (or is to lazy to go look at it ) here's the cover:

http://www.genreonline.net/Genre_fil...onThreeBig.jpg
          I'm surprised no one picked up on the fact that Sheppard is flipped around, the wristband is on the wrong wrist!

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          We had a conversation about this in another S3 boxset thread. Why isn't Carson on it either. Why does Lizzie have a gun!?

I have the original, they should have gone with this one.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...w/13765853.jpg
          This one is much better. Love the wraith peeking out from the side of the gate!
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 February 2009, 05:29 PM. Reason: img tag removal from quotes.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Oh, you know what else annoyed me? The spine of the boxsets. The first two featured the stargate, which linked together. I was expecting for all the boxsets to form a complete semi-circle gate.
            Then for season three and four boxsets they went for city outline and grassy verge.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
              Oh, you know what else annoyed me? The spine of the boxsets. The first two featured the stargate, which linked together. I was expecting for all the boxsets to form a complete semi-circle gate.
              Then for season three and four boxsets they went for city outline and grassy verge.
              Hum... all four of my box sets have the city on the spine.(Different regions?) However seasons 2,3 and 4 show the city on the bottom of the spine and season 1 shows the city on the top of the spine with a wave at the bottom.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Season 1 boxset is the only one for me that looks any kind of decent. Seasons 2-4 John/Joe seems to always look like he doesn't belong there in some way shape or form. For seasons 3 and 4 it's clearly the facial expressions that seriously make him look....mentally disabled?

Season season he just stands out from the rest of the cover way too much, like he was photoshopped in at the last minute and they forgot to make him blend in with the rest of the image.

But I've always especially hated the season 3 boxset, I'm glad I'm not the only one
                I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands....... Just a little Wraith humor

Sig thanks to geekywraith *big hugs*

Comment

hmm, mine must be different. Here see these images.
                  (N.B my season one boxset does not have that cover, just the spine and back cover are the same)

Basically my first and second season boxsets have that design, and the gate matches up.

Comment

My season 2 is nearly the same as yours, except all your main characters are glowing sorta on yours. On mine online Joe Flanigan has a glow and really stands out.

As for my season 1...it's radically different. If I get a chance later I'll scan it in and post it but it's basically and underwater digital gate, the cast don't feature which is why I like it Simple = good.
                    I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands....... Just a little Wraith humor

Comment

Please note those aren't my covers, just images I found online. They were only to demonstrate what the spines looked like.

Comment

Here is a scan of my Season 1 DVD Box set... Region 1...

Spine/Front:

Back:
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Wow, that looks shockingly cheesy. no offence. Just looks really, B movie Sci fi. The gates even wrong! O_O

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                            Wow, that looks shockingly cheesy. no offence. Just looks really, B movie Sci fi. The gates even wrong! O_O
                            Alright that's it I'm going to stop being lazy, go into the next room and get my DVD cover of season 1, because it is WAY better than that. Post inc.

Outside:
                            Spoiler tagged for image size.
                            Spoiler:

Inside:
                            Spoiler tagged for image size.
                            Spoiler:

Scans don't really do it justice, as it's all shiny and metallicy and looks really cool. Always caught my eye in the shops. Must be an Australian thing. And yeah I can't believe how cheesy that cover you posted looks RIG Can't believe they released something looking like that.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 February 2009, 05:35 PM. Reason: Spoiler tagged the images.No other changes made.

Comment

I wouldn't know I don't own any of them yet, but from the covers you guys posted... not sure if I really want to now.. .

Comment

Originally posted by WraithHumor View Post
                                Alright that's it I'm going to stop being lazy, go into the next room and get my DVD cover of season 1, because it is WAY better than that. Post inc.

Outside:
                                http://users.tpg.com.au/daykin77/img021.jpg

Inside:
                                http://users.tpg.com.au/daykin77/img022.jpg

Scans don't really do it justice, as it's all shiny and metallicy and looks really cool. Always caught my eye in the shops. Must be an Australian thing. And yeah I can't believe how cheesy that cover you posted looks RIG Can't believe they released something looking like that.
                                O_O English, German and Finnish.... where do you live!?! I want finnish language movies! I'm learning it and want move there.
                                EDIT: oh it says next to your name. ... Australia!
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 February 2009, 05:32 PM. Reason: img tag removal from quoted image.

Comment

Working...
                                X