Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Season 5 is worth buying this decade?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kanetsidohi View Post
    I have seasons 1 to 6 of SG1, and I'm planning buying season 7, and 8 but, I'm not sure seasons 9, and 10 are worth the money right now, maybe ten years from now when Stargate would be ooold news, and I got them on discount.

I have season 1 of SGA, and I'll buy seasons 2, and 3 ASAP. Season 4 wasn't that great but I can watch it again so it's in my list too.

I've read a lot about Season 5 but watching tv is free (mostly) so, for me, the ultimate question is:

In your opinion, do you think season 5 has enough good in it so you think is worth buying it?

Just asking.
    In the end it's a matter of opinion. In my opinion season 5 has been the best season of Atlantis with great story arcs and great filler eps as well. So IMO yes it is.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I would buy the DVD for these eps, which have a very high rewatch value because they were that good, imo...

Search and Rescue
      Broken Ties
      Deadalus Variations
      Ghost in the Machine
      The Shrine
      The Queen
      The Lost Tribe
      First Contact
      Outsiders
      The Prodigal
      Remnants
      Infection

I would likely never watch these eps again...

Whispers
      Inquisition
      BrainStorm
      Identity

So you judge if it is worth buying? Plus, the last 2 eps look very very promising and could make my top list.
      The only one of those that isn't the best is Whispers and Inquisition though there isn't a single ep that I skip watching but there are a few I pay closer attention to than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        In a word....No.....Apart from two or three eps it's been a rather disappointing season....Instead of going out with a bang it's going out with a whimper....

(IMHO )
        100% agreement this season has been disappointing

Comment

I would personally say "yes definately".
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I've bought the other 4 seasons of SGA and I intend to buy season 5 as well. I'll buy any of the movies that come out. I have really enjoyed SGA. I'll keep buying the books as well.
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              In a word....No.....Apart from two or three eps it's been a rather disappointing season....Instead of going out with a bang it's going out with a whimper....

(IMHO )
              I'm in agreement with the above comment, especially the "going out with a whimper ... " part. :-(

Comment

Seriously? Its only 40 bucks, thats not even a DATE or a night at the bar with the guys, and it takes a minimum of 20 hrs to watch.

I guess dont buy it if you dont want to, but why would you tell people? I didnt by any gasoline for my car today, isnt that exciting?

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  NO ONE can say to you that they think you should get it, as all opinions are personal.

It's best to just read the synopses for the episodes, and decide for yourself.
                  Well said Spikey

What I think is good might not mean you think it's good, a few posters here doesn't care about the Shrine all that much, while I actually liked that episode
                  I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I'm in agreement with the above comment, especially the "going out with a whimper ... " part. :-(
                    Not me. It is going out with a bang IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Not me. It is going out with a bang IMO.
                      Is there anything that somehow is a bang and a whimper at the same time? Or some sort of explosion that is half way between them? Because that's how it is signing out for me.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Is there anything that somehow is a bang and a whimper at the same time? Or some sort of explosion that is half way between them? Because that's how it is signing out for me.
                        Many would say Enterprise did that. The last season was great and the finale (while I did enjoy it) certainly was not the best.

Comment

I plan on buying season five as soon as it comes out so I don't have to watch Scifi to see them again. And for the bonus features.
                          sigpic
                          Banner by Pandora's Box

Comment

I'm answering my own question!

Well, SGA season 5 was finally aired in my country. Considering that it was the last season, I feel it's a shame that some episodes were wasted on guess characters and/or pointless subjects, and the very end with Rodney and Keller as the happy couple? Yuck!

But I'm surprised to say that I liked it better than season 4!!! Some of the interaction between the main characters was waaay better than the previous season. So, yes! I think is worth buying it.

Finally, a good ending gave me closure regarding the Stargate franchise. Time to move on.

¡Adiós!

Comment

There was interaction between main characters in S5?

Huh I must have blinked and missed it *shrugs*

sigpic

Comment

Poor interaction is still interaction
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X